Atheists are either afraid, or too lazy to think. Which is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absurdism?wprov=sfla1
youtu.be/CzSMC5rWvos
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There's a difference between disbelief and belief in the other direction.

I only believe in one direction.

There's better boy bands, man.

Shouldn't we judge a person fairly and individually?

I just think that there are some people in modern day academia that are worthy of ridicule for trying to cram atheism down people's throat. How are they any better than someone trying to cram religion down our throats? Then, some of them even go as far as to say that God does not exist. This is why Carl Sagan said that by some definitions atheism is stupid. It's because claiming the universal nonexistence of a God is stupid.

Many atheists go on and on about logic, but their own logic is all fucked up.

I just don't give a shit about religion. I was always taught that religion isn't about creationism, but more of the hope and moral ideals you take from it. I'm not the type to get invested in this spiritual stuff and Atheism seems like a more reasonable thing to me. I never understood why pol does the exact same thing to neckbeard atheists that atheists does to people like Sup Forums.

>Sagan thought the extent of astrology was what he saw in the newspaper

Fool.

Truth:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absurdism?wprov=sfla1

I don't claim to """ know""" there is no god. But I don't think there is one and I lack a belief in one. Am I not an atheist now?

Neil Tyson explains why atheism is stupid:

youtu.be/CzSMC5rWvos

>"God is real, jesus is alive"
>I'd love to meet him
>"It doesn't work that way"

Dropped

Being too extreme in any belief to the point you think you don't have to listen to opposing viewpoints is stupid

That being said most theistic arguments aren't very strong anyways

It's a belief. There is no need for an argument or for them to present evidence of God's existence because it is a belief. Should one be forced to provide evidence of aliens if they only believe in aliens?

Don't tell me you actually believe in astrolofaggotry? Are you a retarded valley gir

Yes, if they want anyone to take them seriously.

Okay, then I can gladly prove to you that I believe in God.

Pic very related

If the believer thinks that public policy, society, science, or anything outside their own beliefs should be changed, then yes

Do you know what a claim even is?

I am not even talking about that Mr. Straw Man. I am talking about the stupidity of claiming the universal nonexistence of a God.

False dilemma

Are you an atheist?
Prove it.

Yes, and so did Isaac Newton, Carl Jung, Hermes, Plato, Galileo. Men that had at least some understanding of how the Universe actually works and the nature of it and spent their lives in pursuit of the full understanding of it what's your point?

"Billyuns and Billyuns". Who cares what that asshole said?

>smart people believed stupid things hur dur

Are you twelve? This is the most pathetic argument from authority I've ever seen.

Why is that even an issue unless you're insecure in your own spirituality

No, I'm just not a big fan of false teaching and biased views in academia. Just like some people do not believe that religion should be crammed down their throats, I do not believe that atheism should be crammed down their throats either.

Honestly the whole debate is stupid.

Theists can't prove what they belive in exists.
Atheists cannot prove a lack of existance.

NEITHER side can prove. Both sides are believing. [Theists in whatever god[s]; Atheists believing there is not something is still a belief]

Both sides are stupid and arguing is stupid because no-one can even win.

The sanest people are the Irreligious. The people who are neither religious; nor rule out the existence of a higher power. They accept the possibility that a higher power may exist [Unlike Atheists who believe there is no God at all]; but do not follow the brainwashing of religion.

The world operates in cycles, the universe operates in cycles, astrology works to understand it and the influences of the universe are real but are just that, influences. Astrology is as real as the seasons changing every year maybe you should read something other that Sup Forums one day

Like Neil Tyson was saying, maybe I should start a non-golf playing movement since I do not play golf.

Well put

You see people like Bill Maher are trying to give this false sense of "know it all" intelligence and making claims that there is no God even though such a claim is a fallacy. It's media tactic to try and convert people to atheism. What makes him any different than a street preacher?

Atheism and theism is not only lazy, but arrogant.
How is it lazy? Many say they do not believe in god simply because they never bothered to try and understand theist religions, it's a quick and easy answer to something they don't care for or not give much thought to. Theism is lazy because many people are raised in a theist environment and never once thought that maybe their religion isn't true, and again a quick and easy answer to many of life's questions such as purpose in life and creation of the universe.
As for arrogance, to make a claim that god exist's without actual proof other than life's unanswered questions is just silly, and to make a claim that god doesn't exist when there are many questions not being answered is also rather silly.
I ultimately respect both parties' choices, but I could never side with one or the other, because I won't know the answer until god(s) show themselves or I die and find nothing on the other side, until then my life remains unchanged.

The unchanged. Something mankind has always hated and feared. Do not fear I or others such as I, we simply wish to exist.

I don't even think I can call myself an atheist.
I don't know if there is a creator or not; I just don't care.

If there is some omni-powerful deity out there who created all of the universe, it's likely so beyond what a human can possibly comprehend it's pointless to try and appease to what it may or may not want.

That being said, I don't buy into organized religion, simply because anything that has had human hands on it will become corrupt. If God did give instructions to follow, they have become so corrupted by shitty humans over the millenia, they are probably not even close to what they originally were.

Tell that to the asshat professors in academia who make such claims as "there is no God."

Sup Forums is a politics board.

Take your ontological questions about the existence of God to

Maybe you should read a textbook or two. Astrology is bullshit made up to con gullible child minded people. The fact that a certain star was visible when you were born has no effect on your personality.

I.e. it's a pseudoscience, retard.

It's lazy to come to the conclusion that something does not exist when there is currently no way to possibly know if it does or not. I will give you an example. It was reported for many years that there was a giant squid in the Pacific Ocean. Many so-called "scientists" laughed it off. That is, until someone was able to find proof. These scientists did not even bother to investigate the claim. They were lazy about it and said "It does not exist." That is what I am saying. They are lazy.

>The sanest people are the Irreligious.
No, these are the most foolish, since one's view of life necessarily has consequences. If the Christian God is true after all, these people risk losing everything. If there is no God, then why can't I murder you, should it please me?

Isn't this whole thread a strawman of atheism?

Atheism isn't usually a thing because of a supposed knowledge that God does not exist. You'd have to find a real mouth breathing fedora tipper to find someone who would say that. It's more down to the religions of the world being quite ridiculous.

It's absurd to assert that God does not exist. Its not absurd to observe that any given religion is almost certainly wrong.

Then why are so many atheists willing to make the claim "God dos not exist." Are trying to tell me that you have never heard them make that claim before?

I read enough shit my University feeds me that I've already inherently known since I was a child

>WAAAHH I've done no research myself into this but I'm just gonna call astrology what everyone else does that also doesn't know what it actually is

Completely expected, enjoy your evening

>No, these are the most foolish, since one's view of life necessarily has consequences. If the Christian God is true after all, these people risk losing everything. If there is no God, then why can't I murder you, should it please me?

If it were a binary choice between no God and a Chrisitan God you might have a point, it would be worth careful consideration. But it isn't, even within Christianity over the past 2 thousand years there have been so many sects, many of which would claim other very similar sects are heresy, that you will almost certainly be following the wrong one.

If there is a single way that God, if it exists, wants us to live then thanks to it's lack of clear guidance on what it is we are almost certainly living the wrong way. Under your very argument how we live and the chances it is right is almost totally arbitrary which makes wasting any time on it foolish. So the other Britbong is right, the sane thing to do is to not really think about these things at all because other ways to live spiritually are no more likely to be the right way than the way you live now.

>Then why are so many atheists willing to make the claim "God dos not exist." Are trying to tell me that you have never heard them make that claim before?

Even the ones that strongly assert that God does not exist when pushed would agree that it is unknowable one way or the other. Any that don't are either retarded or purposely being provocative. Their beef with God is religion.

You can if it pleases your god Ahmed :^)

no but you're stupid

why would you commit to any belief without knowledge?

>I don't think there is one
just realize that you don't know whether or not one exists. That's the only intelligent position to take.

False dichotomy.