Why does Sup Forums have such an aversion to dadrock?

Why does Sup Forums have such an aversion to dadrock?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ipqqEFoJPL4
npr.org/2017/07/18/534577902/can-t-prog-rock-get-any-respect-around-here
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Led Zeppelin is sick.

I love dadrock

t. all of Sup Forums

Sup Forums loves dadrock.

so many Norwegians around here lately

I don't know, compensating because they hate their dads?

I mostly listen to dad rock, something for me and my dad to connect over.

when it doesn't outright suck it gets boring

Depends on the band.
For instance Led Zepplin and Fleetwood Mac SUCK but The Ramones and Sex Pistols are GOAT!

Ramones are considered Dad Rock now?

>Faints

It's far too masculine for the modern hipster.

Actually Led Zeppelin is GOAT and Sex Pistols are pretty great.

Dumbest "criticism" I've ever read.

I was waiting for this comment. It's not that at all. The main reason is because it's corporate pop rock that it's fans and mainstream public hold in such high regard whilst other much better rock artists get no wide critical acclaim

We'll soon be getting into a generation where Joy Division, New Order, Talking Heads, Tears For Fears, Pet Shop Boys, really, most late 70s to late 80s music - that will all be dad/mom music. Afterwards we start to reach things like grunge and shoegaze being dad/mom songs. It's crazy.

It's already happening.
Think dads aren't teaching their sons about proper shades of black clothing while moms teach their daughters how to apply black lipstick, mascara, and other make up while listening to Bauhaus?

personally, i prefer when rock music is more about texture and atmosphere than shitty riffs and solos.

Sup Forums doesn't really hate dadrock for the most part. Its a combination of distaste towards the tshirt core fans that don't really listen to the band save for a song or two and the way that "dadrock" like loop zoop or the beatles overshadow other equally great acts like mahavishnu orc or moody blues etc.
i think we've already arrived considering that im 23 and named after a grunge song tbdesu

This but the opposite

lame

i wouldn't consider john bonham healthy m8

Simply depends on the band/artist.

The problem is that most dad-rock is pretty entry-level, so its not bad just simpler than obscure music. And that sort of applies to the genre of rock. Some of my favorite bands (Soft Machine, King Crimson, Moody Blues) can either blend genres or include so many aspects from other genres that they do not restrict themselves to "riffs" and other dad-rock(y) methods.

That's my cousin and her daughter, user.

My dad's old vinyl collection had The Queen Is Dead, Power, Corruption & Lies, Zenyatta Mondatta, Standing on a Beach and Stop Making Sense. Granted, I'm 19 and he had me at 30, but it kinda makes you think about what parental influences Gen Z's music will have. Also hi Jeremy.

no
youtu.be/ipqqEFoJPL4

to be fair the corporate pop rock of yesteryear is better than the corporate pop rock of today
they're both shit, but still

Dadrock is my favorite type of music.

I actually like a lot of "dad rock", but I don't love Zeppelin. They've got a few good songs, but they're no Rush or Queen.

Niggers came and ruined the board, now Sup Forums is filled with highschoolers who think it's cool to pretend that Kanye West is a genius or that trap is some super advanced form of music that can only be appreciated by the elite of the elite and ghetto and trash.

npr.org/2017/07/18/534577902/can-t-prog-rock-get-any-respect-around-here

Lack of a father figure or lack of a connection with their fathers obviously.

Jesus christ how can you even go on living with such a massively shit opinion

I should be the one asking you, you retarded faggot.

You dont even know what my opinion is. Fucking pathetic

I don't have to know your opinion to know that you are a mentally handicapped homosexual.

I'm not even baiting or being ironic, but does prog rock even still exist in any real capacity?

Yes. The only way the answer could be "no" is if you interpret
>in any real capacity
very subjectively.

why do you think /mu does? we literally talk about dadrock every fucking day