What are some really complex, hard-to-follow movies?

What are some really complex, hard-to-follow movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MFtv12V8ihg
youtube.com/watch?v=XRh2L7tJqcI
italkyoubored.wordpress.com/2012/06/21/david-lynchs-inland-empire-an-attempt-at-a-roadmap/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Convoluted + trite =/= complex

>movies
>complex
Try books some day, kid.

a) convolution is a form of complexity
b) just because you didn't get it doesn't mean it wasn't clever

The Big Sleep
The Prestige

It's not complex it just fails to explain half of what's going on and doesn't follow proper rules.

You start OP.

>The Prestige
>hard to follow
all of my keks

>' my intellect is fkn superior

pic unrelated

Jesus Christ get off my board. Good bait tho

This movie was actually complex user. Lots of people usually give it shit for "pretending to be more complicated than it is" but the dialogue is just actual jargon the characters would use. Fuck, I didn't get it all that well the first time either. Also,

>Enemy
>Twelve Monkeys (at least at first viewing)
>Abre Los Ojos
>Solaris

I don't include conceptual movies since they are actually trying really hard to be difficult, so I can only think of films with actual storylines. inb4 "muh Tarkovsky makes movies without a meaning on purpose" (bullshit)

Nah caruth is pretentious it's made way more obvious in UC and by the fact he cast himself in a lead role in both movies

the movie was certainly complex.
it was also undeniably shit.

Just watched this last night. Not terribly complex but a great watch nonetheless

He may be pretentious but Primer isn't really.

>arguing matters of taste

Well done

>muh subjectivity
you carry the unmistakable mark of a plebian

>my intellect is that of a dead insect

Layer Cake

Great movie, one of my favorites, but how is it complicated?
Do you think The Thomas Crowne Affair is complicated?

not the same guy, but why do people pretend subjectivity is not true or "the mark of a plebian" but usually go blank when asked how true objectivity is determined? also, please don't come up with metaphysics or ontology because no ideas (yet) escape the influence of the human mind.

there's no provable answer, please stop pretending like you have one.

Nice pseudo-intellectual meme film

Scariest shit I ever seen

>muh meme shitposts

I guess I shouldn't really expect more from a random twat who can't even spell plebeian.

Lynch has a brand of horror all his own that just leaves you unsettled, I felt uncomfortable for days after I saw this

youtube.com/watch?v=MFtv12V8ihg

youtube.com/watch?v=XRh2L7tJqcI

The Phantom Menace

>Solaris

This i agree with. Out of all of Tarkovsky's movies that I've seen this one stumped me the most, i personally think it's his weakest movie mostly because i just found it so monotonous and flat out boring. Like he was genuinely trying to make me mad as opposed to having actual artistic integrity.

I just watched this today for the first time, it sucked all my mental well being straight outta me

Mr. Nobody

It literally makes no sense at all

very insecure subjectivist detected

also people (rightfully) shit on subjectivity because it's always invoked by the milquetoast and cowardly -- people looking to shut down a conversation or avoid having to actually think about something or engage with criticisms. it's just taste bro

In terms of anons not understanding the plot e.g. Lex's motivations yeah I'd say so

A critique of today's slowly diminishing visual literacy of its audience at the hands of capeshit... as well as the trivial and hypocritical nature of considering plot holes as fair criticisms for movies.

BvS is pure fkn kino

epic.. now i can feel good about liking that shit movie. ty

this
anyone who says they can foloow inception is lying, most complex movie ever made

you retards inception is extremely easy to follow holy fuck are you actually mentally handicapped??

yep

100% this

this movie was trying too hard to be 2deep4u, I don't think there was a deeper meaning at all and it's just random crap

enter the void

>it's just random crap
"no"
italkyoubored.wordpress.com/2012/06/21/david-lynchs-inland-empire-an-attempt-at-a-roadmap/

Triangle.

The only david lynch film i've watched was Eraserhead and i loved it, will i like inland empire or should i follow other anons' advice and start with blue velvet?

Nah man it's just shit.

Definitely watch Lost Highway then Mulholland Drive before you see Inland Empire. IE is his least accessible movie by far, and the three films form a sort of trilogy.

can anyone explain this to me?

Lost me at the end. The explanations I've read on Sup Forums about "dude women are spiders lmao" just aren't satisfying.

ok so a guy does a dream, and he is all "he i wanna do others dreams too" and its cool cos he can. He has money from dream surfing, he is a good surfer. One day another guy is like "hey surf my dream cos business" and he is like "ok cos business/ heist, lotsa levels though aye". He gets a team together and they are all "cool bro i have a chip, i have a...thingy, they are dream thingies, cool spinning top man" . so they do the dream thing, they go deep and find things, then they are too deep, but its ok cos reasons. Then he wakes up and it was all really quick. But is he awake cos spinning top, oh no its black, movies ends...but the kids..memories...is this a dream. Did you just dream that you wrote: "can anyone explain this to me?"...did you really write it? can you trust the memory of you writing it, why are you thinking about writing it and reading this. Are you paying attention, are you awake, and if you are awake in a dream are you actually awake? how do you know...what does it matter.