Is the Lost Highway soundtrack the most shameless case of "how do you do...

Is the Lost Highway soundtrack the most shameless case of "how do you do, fellow kids" ever attempted by a film director?

>be David Lynch
>briefly be on top of the world following the critical and commercial success of the first season of Twin Peaks
>immediately flush all the good will you've earned with the general public down the toilet via Twin Peaks' atrocious second season, earning shit reviews and shit ratings
>hammer more nails into your coffin via a Twin Peaks film nobody asked for, nobody wanted and nobody liked
>at this point you are considered to be a flash-in-the-pan fraud by both the general viewing public and up-and-coming young directors such as Quentin Tarantino, who openly trash you in the press
>it's 1995 and you decide you desperately need a comeback
>instead of actually putting in the effort to make a worthwhile film, you just decide to desperately pander to suburban teenagers by giving Marilyn Manson and Henry Rollins pointless cameo roles in your film and putting The Smashing Pumpkins, Rammstein and Nine Inch Nails on its soundtrack

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rLFxMXlZYbo
youtube.com/watch?v=_sM2sKk4DPM
youtube.com/watch?v=LvpVsT7LRqY
youtube.com/watch?v=exN1LFGW5f0
youtube.com/watch?v=J8CVknEV9hs
youtube.com/watch?v=xmt53510qvY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

two good scenes surrounded by hours of dogshit
inland empire did it better

> >hammer more nails into your coffin via a Twin Peaks film nobody asked for, nobody wanted and nobody liked

t. fucking pleblord cunt

>Is the Lost Highway soundtrack the most shameless case of "how do you do, fellow kids" ever attempted by a film director?
have you tried the new twin peaks?

>implying David Lynch is at fault for the second season of Twin Peaks
>implying FWWM isn't better than the first season
it's like you're stuck in a 90s time loop

>_this_ mad 20 years after the fact
damn

LYNCHED
the film is a masterpiece and your stupid post belongs on Sup Forums

Tunes though.

youtube.com/watch?v=rLFxMXlZYbo
youtube.com/watch?v=_sM2sKk4DPM

Fire Walk With Me is raw kino

How do you do, fellow critically minded patrician? Tarantino is the new Hitchcock, non?

What's wrong with the second season? I loved it.

>rammstein
>popular in 1997

pick one

Rammstein is a 10/10 song

Also, this

This, FWWM is good.

I do agree that the soundtrack in Lost Highway is a bit too much, though. I'm Deranged is a great track, but other than that the soundtrack makes the movie feel really dated.

Rammstein didn't get popular in the US until the 2000s but that didn't really matter for Lynch since Europe was always the biggest market for his films to begin with. In Europe, Rammstein got very big very quickly.
By 1997, they were as big as any of the other young "alternative" bands on the Lost Highway soundtrack aside from maybe The Smashing Pumpkins, who were bigger.
By 1998, they got so big in certain parts of Europe that the likes of Nine Inch Nails would have only made sense on the same bill as Rammstein if they were an opening act. They filled up stadiums.

youtube.com/watch?v=LvpVsT7LRqY
youtube.com/watch?v=exN1LFGW5f0
youtube.com/watch?v=J8CVknEV9hs

best song coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=xmt53510qvY

the pumpkins song on this soundtrack is fantastic
one of the last good songs corgan ever wrote

my brother had sechnsucht on cassette in like 1998, and his only contact with music was through MTV
rammstein were big

>youtube.com/watch?v=J8CVknEV9hs

ngl, rammstein's vocalist and guitarist are highly sexual to me in the least homo way possible

fwwm is incredible tho

pls delete thread, too pleb

>a Twin Peaks film nobody asked for, nobody wanted and nobody liked

lol.

That film "nobody liked" is getting a Criterion release later this year. FWWM was one of his masterpieces.

And after all these years, Lynch is still as relevant as ever and made the best film of the last decade. Lynch is a genius, a god among men and there is no living director as talented as him.

>Lynch is a genius, a god among men and there is no living director as talented as him.

lmao go say that to the average elitistic film school student and see how they react
lynch is extremely entrylevel
lynch is alright but don't get too carried away here

the criterion collection is a meme btw

pls leave the house soon, it's bad for your mental health

weak desu

>lmao go say that to the average elitistic film school student and see how they react

This is honestly the dumbest thing I've read on Sup Forums.

>Lynch is a genius, a god among men and there is no living director as talented as him.

Are you literally 16?

>the criterion collection is a meme btw
Yeah no, fuck that. I'm not too much of a lynch fan but criterion is fucking good. They are the only people who put fucking movie like L'avventura out in blu ray. Just bought the whole trilogy btw and It's a 10/10 restauration

This. I'm pretty hyped to pick that one up.
Lynch's second stage career films have created a brand of surrealism entirely his own. There are few filmmakers as original as him and he's always uad top teir soundtracks. Lost Highway's soundtrack plays into the grotesque and gritty themes and aesthetic of the film. The "trashyness" of the industrial/alt-rock songs pairs seamlessly with the grainy, soap opera affected image creating a complete aesthetic.
Lynch is the GOAT and my biggest influence as a filmmaker.

>Lynch is still as relevant as ever and made the best film of the last decade

he hasn't even made a film in the last decade

>elitistic film school student
why would any of use care what they think?

nah it's true, lynch is considered very small fries by most film school stooges

t. is friends with many film school stooges

Name me one working director more talented as David Lynch.

OP is in his 20s if not younger

> most film school stooges

But I don't care about their opinions. Lynch was going to quit film school. It was literally a waste of time to him and the school begged him to stay and let him do whatever he wanted.

Lav Diaz

But it had one of The Smashing Pumpkin's best songs on that soundtrack

Didn't you read the OP?

the criterion collection is to left-field film what boomkat and the wire are to left-field music
it's okay if you're a lazy dilettante and dabbler
for serious boys, it's just a waste of money

>Lynch's second stage career films have created a brand of surrealism entirely his own. There are few filmmakers as original as him and he's always uad top teir soundtracks. Lost Highway's soundtrack plays into the grotesque and gritty themes and aesthetic of the film. The "trashyness" of the industrial/alt-rock songs pairs seamlessly with the grainy, soap opera affected image creating a complete aesthetic.

t. a 16-year old who idolized christopher nolan two years ago and has nary a clue about film history/theory
it's okay, you'll grow up sooner or later

because they're sweet boys and never meant to hurt anyone.

Literally every single poster on Sup Forums is in his 20s if not younger. If you are not, you should kill yourself as soon as possible, you pathetic failure of a human being.

>it's okay if you're a lazy dilettante and dabbler

(not to mention a fashion-conscious and primarily fashion-driven cocksucker)

Do you realize how much money you're wasting?

Of course not. The OP was worthless. The best thing about the OP was it reminding me of Lost Highway and how brilliant that film was.

>waste of money

Yes the only people out there bothering to make 4k restorations of films for public release is a waste of money. But your input is so much more worthy.

Literal crap

>tfw ur clearly the oldest person reading this thread

Name your age

>If I call him a teenager no matter how he responds I can just laugh at him and won't have to back up my assertions.
Well played, user. I guess you can laugh at me now since I'm 22 with a BA in film production
If you've got me beat I'm surprised you haven't left.

I'm 20 and I still feel too old for this site.

please talk shit