I am seriously thinking about joining the army, but

I am seriously thinking about joining the army, but
i do not know how to tell my parents i think it will hurt them. any ideas on what i should do?

Are you joining from lack of options, or an actual love of country and citizen?

Just do rotc and join after college

i am doing it out of love for the country i am 16 and ive been told options but none of them seem to benefit anybody but me.

I'm currently stationed at FT Hood as a 13B ask me anything you wanna know fag. Ill tell you now its probably not worth it

See how you feel when you turn 18 and graduate.
The army isn't as glorious as the movies make it seem, but it isn't complete shit either.
I made alot of good friends

Gay

what about it makes it not worth it?

how has it made you as a person over time?

Go to college and become an officer and don't be a prick either. I've seen Alot of officers harm mission readiness by being too much by the book. You gotta let your troops lead sometimes.

will do man!

ya done fucked up bud

>16
>underaged

Not OP but will it be worth joining to be a helicopter pilot?

im not fort hood but I plan on doing AFROTC and from the military pages I've followed and training activities I've with the Air Force personnel I can tell you it's a lot of bullshit that goes on and fuckery, and just shitty in general

from being around military personnel I plan on going AFROTC but I'll let the NCO's lead me until I'm ready and know the ropes to take charge and not be the stuck up retard O-1

not fort hood fag but I heard joining the military to be a heli pilot is an easy way to rack up heli hours for the civilian world (I think you need like 80hrs to get your license) and when you get out you'll be set for private heli license

Honestly it's gonna suck ass, don't think that you're going to at any point enjoy being in the army except counting days to your ETS and when you're out.

Wait till the day before you ship out to basic and say "smell ya later fags!" Then flip them off as you get in the G jet.
There really won't be a fucking thing they can do about it

what do you mean man?

If you do take the officer route just remember to use common sense. You'll come to find out that most everyone in the military doesn't know what common sense is.

Both

Army Infantry Vet, here.
Join the Air Force.

this board is 18+ dumb ass

If you really want to hate your life join the Marines. The Corp can suck the fun out of everything.

Sorry OP but you're banned