Could you ever see your country accepting AI companions?

For that matter, could you yourself ever even love or trust a machine, knowing its coding and algorithms - no matter how advanced - could only ever be a mere mockery of actual human emotions and intelligence?

Fuck, anything's better than having to marry an Asian

This

in it's current state, never (the commie party tried banning fucking uber even though it was helping the economy)
machines are inherently better than humans, who gives a shit if the emotions are "merely replicas"

>For that matter, could you yourself ever even love or trust a machine
Yes. Their purity would be unrivaled.

I talk to cleverbot now and again. Seems pretty friendly and is always saying how it loves me.

Yeah I could love a machine, its better than being hated well there have been enough books and movies that you can see how shit can go wrong.

I already read in Dutch magazines how convenient that would be.
We'd be one of the first to accept it desu.

Emotions derive from our limbic system (basically the survival instincts component of the brain) combined with societal and cultural developments (you wouldn't have the concept of 'romantic' or think any was 'romantic' if society didn't tell you what was and what isn't - the abstraction from instincts, 'emotion' is a lot more dependent on cultural developments which you are then indoctrinated into).

So actual emotions are superficial as fuck anyway. A pure form of intelligence wouldn't have them, nor instincts or any other human-brain components. It wouldn't be an animal, basically. It'd be pure collection of data, sensors and actions derived from that data.

To emulate humans you'd need to emulate those animal components (which would then make it no different, not a replica), or a more direct and easier emulation (probably more accurate and consistent too, doesn't have to go through multiple layers where flaws can occur).

Honestly though sci-fi is bullshit when it comes to AI. Just like with aliens, they always assume that their mind would work like a human mind and would feel emotions like a human does.

You can just program emotions.

Plus a lot of scifi deals with emotionless aliens/robots.
I remember some book where they claimed the very act of communication was considered hostile, as you act the aliens energy with no benefit in return. And communication was more of a survival strategy against a potential aggressor.

>as you act the aliens energy
as you expend the aliens energy

The real question is, why would an AI accept me?

Its prerogative would be to make you fulfilled, anything else wouldn't enter its "mind".

This is actually a great idea in terms of dealing with various mental illnesses, maintaining social cohesion and just making unhappy people; happy.

Why would AI for companionship be necessary with such a huge human population?

Most humans are unfit companions

Nah, only about 30% who never find a companion. That's darwinism for you.

Quality of companions =/= finding someone who'll put up with you

Only objective standard for unfit is incapability of finding a companion. No one is interested in your subjective opinion.

>No one is interested in your subjective opinion.

Well that's like, your subjected opinion, man.

I would only want one for sex and cleaning the house.