Twin Peaks 2017

Discuss the original series and your hopes for the third season.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nF-xdiL7Nr0
youtube.com/watch?v=uHmtS1TO-Pc
youtube.com/watch?v=Meg7ojUwZwo
youtube.com/watch?v=iy_p4Jj3u8M
youtube.com/watch?v=IF9Gbd0evFY
youtube.com/watch?v=2S014l2tZ24
youtube.com/watch?v=x5Iml60hu_s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I hope Jane Levy shows her itty bitty titties!!

I hope David Lynch mindfucks the fanbase and goes incredibly wild

fuck me Kyle got old

25 years will do that to you

More waifus!

Don't we all

fuck me I've gotten old

Getting stuck in Showgirls and The Flintstones will do that to you

Are you telling me being in the Flintstones makes you a grand dad?

>"Do you know the oldest lie in Twin Peaks? It's that the supernatural can be innocent."

hopes:

>it's the night
>series premiere on showtime
>everybody tunes in, excited to see how Lynch reintroduces us to the world
>"Previously on Twin Peaks"
>out of context snippets from the second season finale
>immediately transition to opening credits

this is going to be fucking weird

>tfw he becomes exactly like Jesse Eisnberg's Lex character as he unleashes a demon out of the Red Room

it's an amazing idea but also basically impossible for the network to have okayed such a thing

it's going to be an introduction that will necessarily be hand-holdy enough to guide people into the show's world if they're just checking it out based on the name/legacy/lynch without any prior knowledge.

>Flintstones
>Grand dad

Triggered

youtube.com/watch?v=nF-xdiL7Nr0

They're already okay with the idea each episode would be a different length, and there'd be different versions on the network, on the streaming service, and on DVD.

For me, I want an image of 90's old Dale Cooper to be on the screen, suddenly a transition to now 2017 old Dale Cooper on the screen.

Would be so thrilling to see

Rumor has it that Laura Dern plays another FBI agent or something who travels to Twin Peaks in search of missing Dale Cooper.

Will be easy for newcomers of the show to follow the story through her eyes

I hope it starts with the opening credits.

>there'd be different versions on the network, on the streaming service, and on DVD
whaaaaaaaat?
I'm interested, but what the fuck does this even entail

I wonder what it's like to actually be friends with david lynch

huh?

You ever heard of censorship? A lot of shows are censored on the tv version and unsensored on the DVD version.

Well I think that is what user meant.

oh yeah deleted scenes etc makes a lot more sense, I thought shit was about to get experimental

I figured she was playing Diane. Her age is pretty close to Kyle, so it would be pretty believable.
Honestly I'm just wondering if Coop is still going to be possessed by BOB. I think it might be more Lynch-like to just drop us back into the world with all the old loose ends tied up offscreen with no explanation.

>“Everything about Twin Peaks is going to be unconventional. Unconventional in the handling of it and how we put it out in the world and how we market it. I want to really embrace the unusualness of it,” said the Showtime CEO. “I think it is quite possible we’re not going to do a traditional release pattern. I don’t know exactly what that means yet. I’ve had a couple conversations with David but I want to embrace the unexpectedness of it. I could definitely see longer episodes or this question of how do we release it linearly and how do we release it for people who want to stream it. There may be some difference between the two. There’s all sorts of possibilities.”

>I figured she was playing Diane
oh wow I didn't actually think of this.

It will be pure pottery to have Diane now be doing exactly what Dale was doing in Season 1-2 and yes I hope Coop is still possessed.

Obviously if he has gone missing then he would be back in the red room or something stuck?

This makes sense. They probably will release edited/alternate episodes for the normie audience and then uncut more crazy versions for the online audience who knows the show

oh he was just spitballing because he has no clue what lynch is up to when he said he was gonna get creative with it

interesting shit though. drives me crazy that it's so far away

I hope Season 3 has an Inland Empire feel. I loved how Lynch directed that

Haven't they already filmed the whole season and are just editing it now?

It was meant to be out this year so I assume all the filming has ended. Or the filming for the first episode

yeah let me dig up the release info

wrapped in april, no specific timing beyond 2017 that I could see after my cursory search. Not so much as a fiscal quarter

I can't wait for Twin Peaks generals in Sup Forums

will be so comfy

They say they're aiming for mid 2017 now. Filming is all complete, editing and scoring is underway. As of the above quote about the release structure, nobody at Showtime had seen a final cut but apparently the dailies are really wild.

Eddie Vedder's going to be in it and supply a song, that'll be fun.

Anyone have that leaked image of what looked like old Dale was at a cemetery? It was posted a few months back

I saw the eddie vedder song up on youtube but I held off in case it contained spoilers

I believe he will still be possessed. Some set photos showed him looking kinda rugged and mean wearing a leather jacket and jeans.

Or maybe those set photos are dreams Dale is having while he is trapped and stuck in the red room idk I can't wait

Why did Lynch think it was a good idea to meet up with a 16-year old girl who contacted him on Facebook and have sex with her?

Her parents ultimately decided not to press charges, but they could have, and his life would have been ruined.

He had to spend a lot of money to lawyer up, and his friends lost some respect for him, also.

Was all that worth it?

>Eddie Vedder's going to supply a song

pls no.
Eddie is not able to do 80's sounding dream pop inspired by 50's ballads.
I DON'T LIKE CHANGE

>Was all that worth it?
You've never had 16 year old pussy.

I hope it will be as good as season 1 but with a more coherent plot. What I actually think it will end up being though is shit.

Hey man you gotta pound some high school girls if you wanna write about em

The hell? When did this supposedly happen?

Like there's any doubting David Lynch. The man does whatever the fuck he wants. Why do you think he's just been doing short videos for the last numbers of years? The mainstream is so scared of him that there's no way they'd consider him for their by-the-numbers films for the normies.

It's why I'm glad showtime is making this happen. It's a 'risk' in that you can't really control David Lynch, but it's not really a risk because it's Twin Peaks, and everybody from the old fans to people who don't know about it will watch it.
>tfw the Black Lodge is back on modern television

Please tell me he wears a wig, or I'm gonna start shooting shit up.

>The mainstream is so scared of him that there's no way they'd consider him for their by-the-numbers films for the normies.
This. Did you ever watch his Duran Duran concert?

The fans of the band got pissed because Lynch edited the live performance to contain so many bright seizure inducing lights.
youtube.com/watch?v=uHmtS1TO-Pc

Will this drink return?

Were the Georgia coffee commercials canon?

>annie tells cooper she wants to enter the miss twin peaks context
>giant appears, makes hugely exaggerated hand gestures and mouths "NO"
>cooper doesn't stop her from entering

is cooper a fucking retard?

cooper is not a beta and doesn't let himself get pushed around by weirdo's

But he is beta because he didn't tell his woman what she should and shouldn't do based on him knowing what's best for her.

More canon than Fire Walk With Me

BUT HOW'S ANNIE?

>youtube.com/watch?v=Meg7ojUwZwo
Holy shit, this is fucking incredible

What do you think is going on at 0:40?

youtube.com/watch?v=iy_p4Jj3u8M

OH FUCK

youtube.com/watch?v=IF9Gbd0evFY

it's pasta

it's real and it's not fair

Laura's dad flipping out

>tfw even when Twin Peaks sells out it feels totally consistent with the world and characters

Based.

>yfw every episode of the new season is just an hour-long advertisement for georgia coffee in which cooper drinks a can and talks about how RICH it is every 30 seconds

Is this Lynch's finest work?

>LYNCH, YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN!

Julee Cruise's new song that is most likely in season 3:

youtube.com/watch?v=2S014l2tZ24

Also, a track from The Veils' new album will be in the series. It MIGHt be this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=x5Iml60hu_s

If you get the chance you should kill yourself

it's better than dune

>Season 1 GOAT
>Season 2 utter garbage made by an out of touch geriatric man
>Season 3 I hope Lynch suffers cardiac arrest and Refn takes over from scratch

Season 2 is the pleb filter.

You, my dude, are a pleb.

I'm excited. Whichever direction they choose to take this i'm expecting it to be memorable. I'm hoping for pure Lynch weirdness.

Modern filming technology will be an obstacle to the original meme being recreated

>Jesse Eisnberg's Lex character
Why do you have to ruin everything with your bullshit? We were having such a nice thread up until that point.
Fucking mongoloid.

Jane "the qt midget" Levy is in this?
Wtf I love TP now

the first 9 eps and the finale of s2 are god-tier and there are good episodes scattered in between, you fucking pleb

How's Annie?

this, the only irredeemable episodes to me are the ones where nothing happens outside of James fucking some milf.
Is he coming back in season 3? I heard there's no donna so there wouldn't be much of a point.
Who else isn't coming back?

The audience?

I forbid you from ever trying to tell a joke ever again

Sersly people not born in the 1950's have never heard of it

>the only irredeemable episodes to me are the ones where nothing happens outside of James fucking some milf.
agreed, that plotline was such a filler arc