Is anybody looking forward to this?

Is anybody looking forward to this?

I remember when The Suburbs and Reflektor were coming out. Sup Forums were making threads every hour let alone day about them. All the indie blogs and sites were so hyped for it. Reflektor's hype train was ridiculous.

Nobody seems to care this time though. What's gone wrong? It's only their fifth album.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NmG0sPyZJBg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the singles are shit lol

this, theyve gone so far up their own asses its incredible

the album cover seriously looks like it would be an album by the killers

Reflektor might have been a really flawed album, but it actually had some really good tracks.
This album, however, I really have no hope for judging from the singles

Not a big fan of ABBA

No, Arcade Fire sucks weiner

we grew up and realized they are shit now.

It is actually pretty bad. 4 singles are shit but they're nevertheless the highlights of the album.

Indie's dead. Let it die.

I am. The singles are good and remind me of the Talking Heads

arcade fire's career is OJ tier

OJ is extremely popular right now though?

you got an album you aren't sharing with us?

The singles have been terrible, kinda upsetting. Was really looking forward to this album.

Creature Comforts was good though.

MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY SOMETIMES SUNDAY

it's like they've become the complete antithesis of their original conception.

I fucking love the Killers

It's way too goddamn pretentious for me.
Yeah, we get it, you're so above the masses.

He's talking about OJ Simpson.

They have gone way too far away from their aesthetics and music. Remember when they wore suits and dresses on stage and made orchestral indie rock? Now they wear edgy makeup and won't stop overusing synthesizers. The Suburbs was their last good album. RIP Arcade Fire.

That album is going to be a train wreck of massive proportions. Literally the only good indie album to have come out so far this year (and probably the only one that will) is the new broken social scene lp. Funny since they're both 00s Canadian collectives.

never got into them but I might listen to it just because geoff barrow is producing

for what purpose

every single has been intolerable except for maybe the title track, which was still just generic af. really not expecting to even give it a try desu.

Autism

This. And you know what the saddest part is? It's not even as though an indie artist paying an homage to 70s disco hadn't been before and in a more tasteful fashion. So arcade fire can't even claim this as breaking new frontier or conducting a brave experiment.

youtube.com/watch?v=NmG0sPyZJBg

they should've stopped at the suburbs...

Reflektor was so bad that I gave up on them entirely
Even The Suburbs didn't do much for me

thats because indie rock is D E A D! Sup Forums still desperately tries to cling to it tho

Yeah it's not like Arcade Fire aren't notorious within the industry for trying to nickel and dime the shit out of people.

bump