Has anyone here ever quit a heavy kratom habit? How bad was it and how long did the withdrawals last...

Has anyone here ever quit a heavy kratom habit? How bad was it and how long did the withdrawals last? I honestly had no idea the shit was so addictive when I started using it.

Other urls found in this thread:

rehabs.com/just-the-facts-psychological-vs-physical-addiction/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kratom can be pretty hard to cut out.

You should try a light amount of heroin to wean yourself off.

Kek I think I'll pass m8 :(

just taper off the dosage like anything else it's not hard dumbass. if u took 2g per day, next day take 1.9g, 1.8g etc until u reach desired amount

Kratom needs to be kicked cold turkey.

Do it trainwatching style. Ounce of grass, plenty of energy drinks and a toilet to shit out your intestines. Make sure to force food down while your at your worst. It might come back up, but there's nothing worse than puking bile.

This, also drink shitloads of water.

why shouldn't he taper?

If he's gotten himself addicted to the shit then he won't have enough self control to taper.

My late friend 'tapered' off brown for over a year. He's fucking dead now.

I know it's not as bad as heroin but it's still pretty fucking addictive.

If you wanna quit OP go cold turkey.

The experience alone will be enough to make your brain say fuck that every time your tempted.

Taper down. Cold turkey is for masochists. No need to suffer.

Withdrawals aren't that bad anyway. Smoke some weed and take benzos.

weigh your resources. tapering takes more mental effort, cold turkey is more physical (and in my opinion un-needed stress comparatively)

I did alot for a while, I just quit. I remener the next day I really tired and that's about it. It's really not that bad, I would probably do some if you offered it to me

By the way OP, kicking this stuff ain't that bad. Especially if you haven't been using it that long.

You'll be tired dizzy and lose touch with reality for a day but you'll live.

Going cold turkey on brown saved my life. Might be an 'extreme' way but whenever I think about he positives, it allowed me to realise they were minuscule compared to the shit.

Pick a day you're off work, the night before drink water and smoke weed and sleep all day

It's actually not that addictive, it's you that has the addictive personality OP. I've tapered myself off of OXY, dilaudid, and fentanyl on separate occasions. Kratom is like green tea compared to those drugs.

you have some sort of psychological issue that's causing you to become addicted to the substance to avoid dealing with things on your own. In my rather extensive interactions with drugs addicts there's one thing I've noticed about them. They all have SHIT self esteem and they're all really sensitive people.

If you can work out your broken ego/self-esteem issues, you'll no longer have the addictive personality. Because you'll know you have the power to choose when you want to use substances.

It's a long road, but it's possible. The first step is taking personal responsibility for your actions, and not blaming your addiction on a "substance" and realizing IT'S YOU, not the kratom.

once you stop blaming others and other things for your problems you'll be on the road to becoming a real person, and not a worthless shit of an addict. ANother common trait of addicts is they NEVER take responsibility for their won issues, they always blame others.

Own your shit, then quit cold turkey or taper off, the choice is yours. But if you're going to do it, actually do it.

Omg you guys are treating this shit like heroin, stop going to the store you buy it at fag. It's just kratom for Christ sake. Be a man and say I probably need to stop for a while because its addictive and stop.

I don't know how much a gram is exactly. I use a teaspoon and I do 10-12 of them

OP here. To those of you suggesting weed, I actually hate the stuff. Smoked it when I was much younger but it started giving me bad anxiety. I may be able to find some benzos though and I suppose drinking might help. Maybe not. Not sure about drinking. How long does withdrawal normally last?

I wouldn't bother with benzo's. What do you use the Kratom for?

Originally it was to help quit drinking. I used to be a pretty bad alcohol. Now while I'm on the shit I can drink occasionally without turning into a field but I'm actually not very interested in drinking anymore thanks to it. I wonder if it might help me get some sleep though.

Without turning into a fiend, rather.

That's a large dose. I've been taking it for years and only use 3-6 grams at a time.

Yeah I know, it's pretty out of hand. :( I think I started with a higher tolerance to it than most. I never got as high as most people from narcotic pills, either. Kratom has honestly helped me a lot. I've really got my life more on track now than I did when I was drinking, but I feel like the time has come to go completely clean.

In my personal experience, I rank benzo's to be more dangerous than Kratom, especially if your root issue was with alcohol. Drinking on Kratom might make your stomach sick but drinking with benzo's can kill you. If you have a psychiatrist I would suggest asking them for a sedative to help you sleep. If you don't and can't see one, try working on your sleeping habits. It sounds corny and unhelpful but it counts for more than you think.

>don't lay in bed unless you're going to sleep
if you have to lay about do it somewhere else
>go to sleep at the same time every night
Even if it's 3 AM, make it a consistent 3 AM. Same for getting out of bed in the morning.
>have a morning routine
This doesn't even need to be healthy. Some people smoke a cigarette as their morning routine but it's something that helps tell the brain that you're awake and ready to do shit

Going off of what other user said, this is the stuff that'll start fixing the root of your addictions. Sure, substances are addicting, but that's not the only factor

what if you know its a problem but you would just rather keep doing this than trying to work & fix it out of laziness? Can you give me a reason why?

It's just Kratom you fag. It's not heroin or even oxy

Stop being a little bitch and just get some sort of benzo to help you sleep like diazepam or gabapentin

This post was super helpful, thanks. :^)

It's not even addictive you fucking moron!

It's actually quite addictive...

don't listen to obvious trolls and retards. i've been addicted and quit kratom like 6 separate times and the best way to do it is to taper. basically just take enough so you don't feel bad but not enough to feel high. quitting it cold turkey can suck, don't let people tell you differently. i could barely sleep the last time I did. take your time, stay determined.

where can I buy kratom lel

Thanks Sup Forumsro. Any specific recommendations on the dosage? I guess that's really pretty variable from person to person... Did you use anything else to help stay chill? How long did you feel shitty for?

www.socalherbalremedies.com is my favorite site. Quality product for very reasonable prices. Lots of variety, too, if you care. The site kinda hides it but just use "speciosa" in the search bar.

Oh and I meant to add, do be careful. It isn't a heavy hitting drug in any way as far as the high, but the addiction is sneaky. But we're all adults here (ostensibly...kek) so knock yourself out.

Kek. This fucking idiot is a prime example of why you shouldn't taper.

He's been addicted 6 times.

If you taper you'll do it again.

If you quit cold turkey you'll be finished.

is it illegal in the u.s.? ive heard a lot about kratom but never thought about ordering it online

I would think the risk of relapse would be the same either way man

With kratom?

Fuck that. Who would bother relapsing? Seriously. If people have the willpower to kick it CT and go a full month without it they should be able to stay off it.

Uhm, it would seem your way of getting off it doesn't work if you've been addicted on 6 seperate occasions.

What he really needs to do is to do something that makes him so disgusted at himself or his life that he makes a change in it.

He needs to actually want to not take it, not just stop it because he knows it's bad or can't afford it or whatever.
He should start taking it anally too. much better that way

What state are you in? It's completely legal in most but like five have banned it as of last I saw. Maybe a few more.

new york. and what are al the different kinds do they do the same thing?

>trainwatching
You been takin' drugs yersel? It's Trainspotting.

>He should start taking it anally too
I've never put drugs up my ass. That's just something I've never stopped to lol. I believe you that it works well though. The colon is very absorbent.

ok then it's simple take 11 then 10...9...8 etc it builds self confidence and u barely notice the change

Retard, every pleasurable thing from whacking it to listening to music is addictive.

Those aren't croutons

At a glance, it looks like it's legal in New York, but you should fact check that yourself. The types are similar, no dramatic differences, but generally white is a little more "up, red is a little more "down", and green is in the middle.

There is a difference between conditioned behaviour and addiction. Retard.

What does kratom even do?

There is indeed; another cool fact is this:
rehabs.com/just-the-facts-psychological-vs-physical-addiction/

It's similar to a mild opioid.

Would higher doses make it similar to a stronger opioid? How does it compare to oxys or Vicodin

Here we go, there's always one of THESE guys in every drug convo. You're full of shit. I was an IV heroin user for 3 years and the withdrawals had nothing to do with low self esteem. It had to do with me being stupid and trying heroin like an idiot bc I thought it would be fun. The withdrawals arent will power related you dumb faggot. Ingested 40grams of kratom for a year after that and the kratom withdrawals sucked pretty bad. Not heroin bad, but still really sucked, and gain, it had nothing to do with willpower

No it's hard to really overdo kratom. It's never happened to me but I'm pretty sure you'd just vomit if you tried.

>hard kratom habit

Thats like saying you have a serious weed addiction. Granted, kratom does have more of a phsyical addiction that smoking pot does, but hardly.

What do experience? Restless leg syndrome and some discomfort? Just take some melatonin or benadryl 30 minutes to an hour before you normally sleep and repeat for a few days. The biggest issue you'll likely develope is trouble sleeping, so sleep aids will help for a few days until you're find again.

I kicked a 120mg/day oxy habit by smoking weed and doing a shot or 2 of liquor when I was feeling WDs, and thats oxy. Obviously everybody is different, but kratom is weak as fuck compared to harder opiates so I think you should be fine with just taking a sleep aid when it's time for bed.

You should wake up feeling fine, never heard of dope sickness from kratom. If you really think it's that bad just smoke a little weed when you really feel bad

I said a HEAVY kratom habit. By which I just meant that I use a shitload of it. But yes, it does sound a little bit silly.

>grammatical errors

Just got a new phone, used to typing without autocorrect and not sure how to turn it off on this one. Kinda fucking me hard

Lmao how the fuck are you addicted to kratom? I take ridiculous doses for weeks then just stop one day and I've never had any withdrawal or side effects. It's literally like fucking relaxing tea. You are one weak pathetic addictive person.

I've clashed through four kilos in a month, ran out, and went about the next day like nothing had changed. There is something seriously wrong with you if you're addicted to it and think you are having withdrawal symptoms. That or you're taking a lot more than just kratom.

That's what I meant, just typed it wrong lol. Still, my point still stands. I've done it a couple handfuls of times and never even found it to be addictive in the slightest, even as an ex opiate addict that still binges once and a while.

Then again, as I said, everybody is different so you could be as bad into your kratom habit as I was my oxy addiction, I highly doubt due to the nature of oxy and from what I know of kratom, but still a small possibility.

Tell me exactly what you experience during your withdrawals, and I may be able to help. I've solo detoxed from a few different drugs so it's somewhat my only life skill lol

Insomnia, CRAZY restless legs yes, general anxiety... That's the big stuff.

>telling someone whos trying to quit an herb to take benzos
are you fucking kidding me

Ive been taking kratom for a few years and take about 50 grams daily. When I travel out of country I can't take it with me or order more most of the time. That ends up causing an abrupt period of time I'm unable to take kratom for days to weeks. I've never heard of anyone having withdrawal symptoms from it and have never had any myself either.

Are you naturally a nervous person and use the kratom to relax you? Possible you're just feeling what your normal is, anxiety, without it?

What youre saying leads me to believe you're doing a bit more than just kratom. If not, where are you getting your kratom? Head shops and unreputable vendors sell chemicals with a kratom tag that are not actually kratom. It could be your not even really taking kratom or taking an impure form cut with other chemicals.

Daily user here.

I use kratom everyday, heavily, to keep myself off of an old drinking habit. Works fantastically.

It is quite addictive though and if I forget to order in time I get SUPER depressed and have mild WDs similar to alcohol WDs.

If you have to withdraw a little bit, it's not the end of the world, just go buy a little booze honestly. Just don't get sick/drink too much.

I used to get shakes and stuff if I didn't take my K but now I'm just taking less and I'm fine.

So basically, it's not very bad.

Used it to kick booze too. I've run out but never had any side effects or anything near what booze withdrawal was like.

Kratom legitimately saved my life. I was drinking a 5th of cheap vodka a day and was drunk every waking moment. I used to have to drink half a pint of vodka just you be able to have enough energy to brush my teeth and not shake.

Used kratom to get clean and I'm almost positive I nearly died during alcohol withdrawal but refused to go to a hospital. This was after ten years in the military and three deployments. Anyway, I've never encountered withdrawal when I've run out and I've definitely never have felt anything on par with alcohol withdrawal, thank God.

>a herb
>what is opium

okay okay so I don't know if opium is safer than benzos but hear me out. I have permanent nerve damage from Xanax my doctor put me on as a teenager. Quitting that stuff nearly killed me. I hate it when people think benzos are some kind of safe as chocolate drug when I have trouble holding down a job simply because I told my mother I wanted to off myself one day.

Opium is processed. Kratom is crushed up leaves.

OP here. Glad you made it through that shit man.
Yes I'm an anxious person but this is definitely withdrawal. Kratom is the only thing I use these days and I get it from socalherbalremedies.

Seems like some people get physically addicted and others don't?