What makes you feel proud to be murican' ?

What makes you feel proud to be murican' ?

>Bonus if picture.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bjeq3NYUw2M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipper_chip
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON
wired.com/2012/06/cops-military-gear/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Seeing this man.

Two legends meet

people thought reagan was an idiot just like trump. they should dig up his corpse and shit all over it for his birthday

Living in Compton Ca

Reagan, for all his faults, believed in liberty. Only thing Trump believes in is money.

nothing
our country is garbage and getting worse

movies and stuff i guess

Nothing, these days.

Probably the fairly widespread belief in protecting individual liberty

I'm not. I predict by 2024 we'll be third world.

no people thought reagan was Alzheimers and just an establishment puppet by the end, but he got shit done by crossing party lines and doing deals.

>tfw you were there and not some newfag distorting history

picture unrelated

Which is why we have the highest prison population in the world because we destroy people's lives for putting certain substances into their own bodies, right? Individual liberty my ass.

The warrior monk. Tbh, I wouldn't mind if he became our military dictator for a bit. Maybe stay in power long enough to accomplish things.

the fact that their organized crime was so fucking powerful that it managed to cuck the entire world into entering an endless war giving americorrupts the ability to imprison, or outright murder anyone in the world.

and 16 years ago with false flag attacks they managed to cuck the world into another never ending world war, the war on terrorism. this war gave them the legal means to torture and imprison anyone, without any reason let alone anything even resembling that of a fair trial.

mmm sure am proud to be an american, our criminals are so fucking bad ass they make themselves out to look like heros. my danm what a wonderful country to be apart of.

shut up druggie fag and go shoot your marijuana elsewhere

>durr one example of paternalism run amok negates the fact that americans as a whole are more committed to liberty than most other countries on earth

you left out corporations

fuck off and go to canada faggot.

that dude has marcela tattooed on his arm, also probably a 2 inch cock that prematurely ejaculates.
I swear all the give-no-fucks types you'll ever see are just people who can't function in the pants.

that bastard deserves being shit all over when he was still alive. corrupt piece of shit
>hurr durr al capone made maaaad bank and had an insane amount of power after prohibiting alcohol
>lets make crack illegal so we can repeat the process, only that this time we'll give our goonies far more power to enforce these blackmarket flourishing laws

The "freest country on earth" houses 25% of the worlds prison population. Drugs are just one example of how we are not as free as we think we are.

This, Reagan did what he thought was right, Trump is a heartless manipulator.

the fuck

>durrr conflating being "free" as in being not in prison with being "free" as in enjoying individual liberties

What is this Jennifer's Body shit

I honestly thought that way too when all that homeland security shit happened. Seemed really suspicious at the time. They haven't done shit with it though. How many people have you heard of that were negatively affected by HS bullshit? Then again, the Obama administration was liking the balls of any terrorist that came by with their dick out, so I guess that pretty much negates my argument.

Wamba the Jester: "Richard and John, had the same mother. One was a Norman, so what was the other?"

Cedric the Saxon: "Richard, for all his faults.. was for England. John is for John."

-Ivanhoe

Licking* Sorry...a little drunk right now.

she drank too much marijuana

>implying canada wasn't cucked into these wars
>implying canada isn't apart of america
you're retarded, as is the retard you posted

first pic that actually made me laff in idunno how long

LOL pep pole think in Murcia they are free....lol, I'm shitting myself I'm laughing so hard. A law for this, a law for that, a tax for this a tax for that. Don't agree? Well that too bad cause we will make a law to ban that as well, will give a name like the freedom of not agreeing act.... dumb fucks think they are free

>hurr durr not having the liberty to decide what substances you want to put into your body
it's like trying to argue with a wall..

Americas greatest idea: jazz.
Nothing more American, could've never happened anywhere else.

>putting certain substances into their own bodies
get away from drugs as a single issue objection.
Privatised prisons built by big money have used their profits to lobby for the expansion of the definition of felony so that from 1985 to 200 the percentage of Americans imprisoned has doubled. Sure mostly for minor drug offences but that goes back to the Harrison Act of 1920, where hysteria about drug use was used to make INTERPOL, an international police force co-ordinating the state against citizens everywhere.
In the 90s the majority of new building was prisons.
The bottom line: over the next decade about 2 million people are going to be released into US society after being in prison for at least seven years. That's a small nation of people roaming around trying to deal with ordinary life after living in for-profit concrete AIDS incubators.

>They haven't done shit with it though

heavy military equipment given to local police forces with the codicil they USE them

funds funneled into "protecting" shit like a 10' dirt dam in Indiana under the HS shit, full staff fences etc. I'm sure there are lots of examples

and not directly HS but the whole asset forfeiture thing is scary shit and has actually hit pretty close to home for me

I'm a libertarian and all for ending the war on drugs, but just pointing to that statistic and saying "SEE, WE'RE NOT SO FREE AFTER ALL" doesn't refute the fast that we're still more committed to individual liberties than anyone else.

The great murican novel.

The ability to move about freely without getting locked in a cage is about the most basic definition of "free" you can get. We happily destroy lives over the simplest things, rather than trying to rehabilitate like civilized countries do. Freedom also means that big brother isn't constantly monitoring the communications of every citizen, and the USA is far from free in that regard.

>those white jazz musicians tho

Needs to be president. Politicians these days will throw endless resources into proxy wars with no discernable end goal, far out of reach of the consequences those conflicts wreak. We need a guy who knows what sacrifice means, and what war should and shouldn't be waged over.

>proud
>American

Pick one

Having Susi, Pizza, Gyros, Humas,Tortillas delivered to my home...Merica!

9/11 truthers make me feel smart. I have spoken.

there is no profit in rehabilitation

This. For-profit prisons.

>we're still more committed to individual liberties
freedom for rich corporations, responsibility for poor people

holy fuck you're stupid. you really think it'd be all over the news? stupid highschool dropouts and psychopaths now have access to:
be able to spy on anyone, they can steal anyones identity, they know your habits, your contacts, and your family, what you say and do. there is no escaping, there is no fighting, you're stuck under a regime which demands you cater towards corrupt bastards in power or face whatever consequence they deem fitting..
all because of this war on terrorism.
the war on drugs wasn't even this bad tbh and that shit is no fucking joke.

people in gitmo (which canada has now had to pay over 10million for, which is technically illegal as the government isn't allowed to support let alone fund, a known member of a terrorist organization)... i mean come on user, look around you, drones, cameras everywhere, phones listening to everything, you really think this shit isn't going to be abused???

>more committed to individual liberties than anyone else
i'll just leave this here
youtu.be/bjeq3NYUw2M

You have to be trolling

This is Dave Brubecks band. Obviously black Americans, were just as crucial to jazz as white musicians, if not more.

What makes jazz distinctly American is that it's literally a fusion between two cultures, European melodies, mixed with African forms and rhythms. The genre began in New Orleans, after slavery was abolished m, where both white and blacks were living side by side making music together.

God bless Chaos Actual. I tear up a little thinking about the blanket of safety he provides, while having absolutely no tolerance for bullshit.

This guy gets it.

America

That in all our DNA is an unsupressable and firery desire to be free. To triumph over evil and fight the good fight until the day we die. To quote Cptn. Price, "...they will remember us for this. Because out of all our vast array of nightmares this is the one that we choose for ourselves. We go foward like a breathe exhaled from the earth."

>doesn't refute the fast that we're still more committed to individual liberties
it out right contradicts individual liberties you dumbfuck.

there's countries which fell for your bullshit never ending war memes but are smart enough to choose to NOT chase drug addicts
those are liberty loving countries, which genuinely value their citizens livelyhood.
at least more than they do their own personal profit.

Bullshit. Fans crossed racial boundaries, and the white boys popularized it, but all the most important jazz bands were black.

just shut up and take that shit in the ass like a real man

At one time you could be proud to be an American. Now it's a shithole of ignorant stupidity governed by a party whose pride is in how ignorant they are led by a man child with the emotional maturity of a two year old and mental abilities dwarfed by a lobotomized fruit fly.

Fun fact, more money was seized by the government in 2016 via civil forfeiture than was lost due to burglary.

You may innocent until proven guilty, but your stuff sure isn't

Back when the land of the free was founded, we would have enslaved him.

American sold their freedom for the illusion of safety on 9/11.

>but user!!!
>the propaganda told me i was freeeeeeeeeeeeeee

You were, 16 years ago.

I agree with you man. Don't see how we are contradicting each other.... but yeah personally my favorite jazz artists are people of color, just posted Dave brubeck cause that's what I'm listening to right now.

But you're right. White boys steal fucking everything. Doesn't matter if it's blues, rock n roll, trap, food, or dreadlocs

It started way before that but we sold the barn to buy a horse after 9/11. If the founding fathers thought that thier progeny would turn into a federal surveillance state after a few thousand lives I doubt they would have bothered.

hardly.
i mean i was free to pass between borders without a passport, i was free to travel on planes without getting raped (cavity search)
drugs were still illegal though.

this.
seems as though they tried their hardest to prevent this shit from happening.
but eventually failed anyway sadly

If you're interest about the history of jazz look up creoles of New Orleans. They were a mixed race (usually half black half French or any type of European) and their whole deal was being "noble"; classically trained, playing Mozart and all that shit. They had a huge role in the development of jazz

Don't be butthurt that we are better thieves than others. It's not for want of trying that we are currently in charge. I'm a white devil and proud.

We were more free then than we are now, but not for lack of trying.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipper_chip
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON
Go back a few more years and you have slavery. America was never free.

>their whole deal was being "noble"
and then look at music today...

>conflating
That's not quite the right word in this case.

Bill Clinton had the chance to kill bin laden after the first world trade center bombing. Instead he blew up a Somali aspirin factory and stuck a cigar in some interns cooze.

Terrorism is a way of selling control of the masses and patriotism is the last bastion of a scoundrel.

The white crowd listening was a huge part of Jazz, almost from start. And that's part of what drove it as an artform, as well as the mixed-race blacks with classical training who helped found Jazz in the first place.

But it's never really been a white music form. The popular white bands were basically the Jazz equivalent of easy listening, and all the great musicians, from Satchmo to Charlie Parker to Lady Day to Thelonius Monk to Dizzy Gillespie to Count Basie to Miles Davis to Duke Ellingon were black. White boys like Benny Goodman did make a contribution, but it never matched the greats.

My mom makes my dinner , I live in a house, I have Internet, and I'm safe from attacks form society and the outside "world" also I love Barack Obama

There were hints of it in the war on drugs in the 1980s and the anti-militia fear in the 1990s, but 9/11 was when the diktocrats seized power and never let go.

gtfo underage b&

I've lived in many other countries, and this one seems to support almost anyone's pursuit of happiness, almost to a fault.

Freedom of speech is the most marvelous freedom of all.

You can deny the holocaust existed without being fined. We can laugh at your stupidity and know you're probably antisemitic, and we are under no obligation to hire you if you think this is important to you.

I can be as atheist as I need, and openly discuss and question religion without penalty from laws. However, questioning Islam will come with penalties, because those fuckers are violent.

You can question bad ideas usually, unless it is something about African Americans, then they go fucking berzerk, and it could cost you your life.

Usually, ideas that require violence to defend mean that they cannot be defended rationally.

>three jews and a darky
>only in MuriKKKa

The clipper chip failed, and Echelon used for domestic purposes would have gotten shit. And slavery is so far back in the past, I'm not sure why you brought it up.

But they had a backup for that very instance. The bill of rights still protect us to this day, and guarantee we have the ability to not only criticize the government when they overstep their boundaries, but also fight back when the time comes.

Not the internet, it was jazz... OK.

Let's not forget the civil-asset forfeiture laws. Turning the clock back to the days of the Star Chamber and bills of attainder. MAGA!

Yep, mentioned that in another post. Ken Burns' documentary is still the best intro on the subject, IMO.

We invented the internet.

Not the longest standing most successful constitution in world history; it's fucking jazz... OK.

You also have little social mobility, your future has already been saddled with debt, your mom has mortgaged your retirement to get hers, you are safe from attack unless you wind up on the wrong side of the police, bad for you food is cheap, starting a business is minefield of regulation and a banker actually owns the house whilst making tens of thousands of front loaded interest.

But at least I'm free (unless you're poor or black)!

wired.com/2012/06/cops-military-gear/

Isn't that exactly what I said? The clipper chip failed, but the point is the people in power will stop at nothing until they have the average citizen monitored 24/7. That shouldn't happen in the land of the free. And after slavery we had segregation, and women still couldn't vote. We have a whole history of denying freedom to our citizens, and we're happily continuing that legacy today.

We may not have invented it, but we certainly grew it. Some people say Europeans invented it.

It's why all other countries have to have their country initials after common websites.