Does he deserve $15 an hour?

Does he deserve $15 an hour?

Not unless he's a tradesman.

Depends, what is he doing?

well considering the living expenses that still wont be shit

Then he earn 2,400$ per month¿
Here in Spain I earn currently 2.000$ per month.

Doing what?

Sucking cock.

The answer, though, is no. Anyone who thinks they arbitrarily deserve a nice even $15 an hour for whatever they do hasn't the slightest clue as to how an economy works.

Oregon's minimum wage isn't even $10. Increasing MW by over 50 percent would have a solid amount of negative ripple effects on oregons economy that I assume are somewhat obvious.

Honestly this whole national fight for 15 seems so arbitrary, it doesn't account for radically different costs of living across america, & it doesn't really consider who's working minimum wage and if its smart to take a chunk from one section of the economy and give it to another.

I'm not opposed to a small increase minimum wage per se, especially as inflation goes on, but $15 is a real drastic increase and we know entitlements are seldom pulled back without the ire of the voters.

Pays the bills, I guess.

Not unless he performs skilled labor or provides $15/hr worth of value to his employer

>Raise minimum wage
>Prices go up everywhere
>More taxes taken from you
>Little to no improvement in your paycheck

When will cucks figure this out? You can't win.

>>
This mans is right. Localized inflation and unemployment happened over in a state where they tried it.... when will the libs learn.......?

Minimum wages are the fastest way to hollow out an economy.
If you don't get paid enough to do what you do, go do something else.
Minimum wage jobs are dumb bullshit that can, and will be done by simple electronics, it boils down to: 10$ an hour to a crew of unskilled, uninspired sheep is cheaper than an ipad taking orders. 15$ an hour is more expensive. Roll out the ipads.
15$ minimum wage = 1/2+ employees replaced by simple electronics and increased prices, crippling the already strapped lower middle class.
A guy who does say, roofing, for 17$ an huor in the hot sun for 12 hours a day to provide for his family is suddenly payin 20-30% more for everything because the useless retards who round up shopping carts or man cash registers are making almost as much as him now.
Minimum wages create artificial inflation of cost, without inflating the wages of REAL people.

You can always tell the politically/economically inept by their blind support for such a beautiful looking random wage increase.

I never thought about it like that. Good points!

Yes lol, everyone complaining about how raising the minimum wage will result in inflation hasn't been paying attention. Cost has inflated exponentially for decades leaving wages in the dust. Corporate lobbyists get out reee

Min wage needed to be 15 20 years ago.

>but $15 is a real drastic increase

You mean it's barely catching up.

>You can't win.

Maybe if we had raised MW with inflation instead of letting the divide grow all these decades. Here we are, what now? We're asking for more mil spending lol.

>exponentially

You don't have a clue what you're talking about

Catching up to what exactly? Admittedly this chart is current but it's what I found.

*isn't current

The divide?
between who?
The very richest and the very poorest?
That's actually a smaller gap than ever in human history.
The gap we need to care about is between the WORKING class, and the middle class, which is bigger now than ever, and is largely like that because of the existence of minimum wages and subsidies for the poor.
Absolutely any human being with an IQ over 60 could work 99% of minimum wage jobs, you aren't supposed to support a fucking family from a job meant for highschool kids.
If you're over 23 and are still working a minimum wage job, you should be allowed to fail, and starve to death on the street, you're a fucking blight.

Divide between the rate of inflation and increase in MW. MW should allow for basic necessities. That's why we made it. Are you not American?

>If you're over 23 and are still working a minimum wage job, you should be allowed to fail, and starve to death on the street, you're a fucking blight.

lol read some history, this attitude didn't work out. The US is young, we can learn from other's mistakes.

lol ok, want to know why there are so many social programs? because min wage isn't enough, we're being tricked into footing the bill for inflation through taxes. Full time working people are having to file for food stamps, that's not supposed to happen.

Basic econ.

The more money in circulation, the less it's worth unless it's pegged to a commodity of some sort. That's what fuels inflation for the most part. The higher the inflation, the more "money" it takes to buy essential goods. Look how many millionaires Venezuela has nowadays. Take that and now increase everyone's share of the freshly minted "money" and inflation increases even more, thus wiping out the gains you had when you raised your pay across the board. This is a central problem with our currency now, it has no value inherent in it. It's just paper that we the people have to make valuable.

Catching up to the nuclear family. According to your chart dad has to make 22.93 while mom takes care of the two kids. Not the case back in the day. You could do it on min wage back then.

that was gobbeldy-gook.
It did work out in the past, in the past everyone farmed their own food. Farm your own food or starve. The capable survived, the incompetent did not.
MW should not exist at all. You and your employer should work out your wage, they don;t want to pay you what you want, go work somewhere else, you dont HAVE to work at McDonalds. If no one will work for what they want to pay, then they'll have to increase wages to attract employees at all.
MW was never a moral thing, it was never put in place cuz america free, it was put in place to cater to the lazy and garner votes, just like all subsidies for the poor.

>supposed
what magical force decides what's supposed?
there is no supposed to.
People are supposed to take care of themselves, not rob strangers so they can keep being lazy af.

Only if he can suck 15 cocks in an hour. So probably yes.

lol I make more selling drugs

Exactly, you don't rob Peter to pay Paul.

back in what day? before minimum wage existed?
when women didn't work for the sake of being strong and empowered?
Back in the day, there was no minimum wage, and there were more jobs than potential employees, so pay was just higher to keep people. People made what they were worth.

If you use hyperbole like exponentially to make your point about an arbitrary wage increase, you're a fucking idiot.

No, it's not. But full time working people shouldn't be relying on standing in front of a cash register to provide for their lives. That's for shit head teens to learn work ethic. Get a real job, and provide for yourself. Go work in an animal hospital. Go dig ditches. Go to trade school rather than waste time getting a political science degree from college. Make yourself useful. Until these cashiers start making themselves more valuable to the business they work for, they don't deserve such a dramatic raise.

What happens to that $15/hr wage? It gets taxed. And the social programs aren't going away and the poverty line just moves higher with the new minimum wage. Your logic is broken af

Lol
>tradesman
>15/h
thats mexican money my man

Out of genuine curiosity can you back that up with a link or something? The keywords give me a bunch of irrelevant shit on google. Something tells me the family-supporting men even back in the day (I guess we're talking like 50's) had to work either higher paying white collar jobs or blue collar jobs that I imagine pay above minimum.

As it applies today, I mean, who honestly thinks you can have one parent working at Mcdonalds and support 3 people off of that? I mean come on, some level of family planning can help avoid such a problem, and finding a 20/hr job isn't like some impossible thing either.

>worth

I'm so triggered. I'm WORTH googletrillionbillioninfinity! But I DESERVE more moneys than people with skills because I'm just as IMPORTANT!

He deserves it and the poverty it will bring him.

>what magical force decides what's supposed?

hahahaha you're retarded dude sorry, good luck out there, hope you find the point.

We designed a capitalist system so that people could work hard, make money and support themselves. I FUCKING LOVE IT. You love it too since you want people to take care of themselves. Great right? We broke the system by leaving min wage in the dust while raising cost of living etc. Now, people working 40+ hours a week are eligible for social programs designed for the disabled and unfortunate because despite working a full time job they can't afford to support themselves. That's not the way it's supposed to work. America is beautiful when you can work an honest 12hr day, come home, put your feet up and drink a beer with your wife while your kid busts his chin open chasing the dog around the yard. We fucked it up in the 90's and now fucksticks like you think it's just because people are lazy.

I've always had an argument against the minimum wage increase that i've never seen brought up, so im interested to know your thoughts.

So many argument is this. If the minimum wage increases to 15, would the cost of everything go up in order to account in the sudden increase in wealth? Wouldnt the cost of living rise, and as such companies have to pay more skilled workers more money, and would have to charge more for their goods and services to compensate. In the end we would be in roughly the same place that we started, the lower class will still have lower buying power, as everything that they need to survive has suddenly spiked in cost. As such I think the inflation would render the savings of the middle class useless, and many would go bankrupt and things would basically be shit.

What are your thoughts on this, am I right? Retarded? Both?

Ya think I don't know that the starting wage for most trades is between $15-$20/hr?

When you hit journeyman and master levels, you're making a whole fuckload more.

EMTs don't get 15 in my city lol, they're on food stamps too.

No, that's basic econ right there. Couple that with an un-anchored currency, and you're just begging for inflation to hit. Our money has no value, that's why we have inflation, it's worth shit. When we were pegged to gold, our money had real buying power.

>Wouldnt the cost of living rise

It's skyrocketing in my city, pushing everyone out, feels like everyone who's already rich is making the money off it. Feels like the jobs could afford to pay a little more.

>Cost of living increases
>Wages stay the same

How is that fair? How does that make sense to any of you?

Most emt are a joke bro thats a bad example
Paramedics are the people you want to pick you up if ur actually hurt

That's like the main argument against it that I see. To add to that what about the guy making $20/hour with a family? His buying power goes down but he's also not getting a raise, what about the guy making $16/hr for skilled work right now? Suddenly all the time, effort, and money put in to learn a trade is worth the same as a high schooler working a cash register. Just so many unintended consequences

Wonder how we got there...

It's almost like we pay EMTs shit so we only get shit

There should be no minimum wage whatsoever.

What fucking business does the government have in telling you what you can pay people?

With no minimum wage, it sorts out the lazy people from the hard workers, and makes the lazy people want to work harder.

Fuck everyone involved.

If said companies were greedy, sure it would go up. If they weren't, they can enjoy increased business from the average citizen actually having the spending money to visit their establishments, including their own employees. They would be getting back what they pay out and more.

Or have the 1% convinced everyone that "trickle down" economics only apply when we give rich people money?

When swarms of people who can't eat start rioting in your hometown, I guess Ronald will be rich enough to deploy his McSWAT team and kill them all. The beauty of Anarcho-Crapitalism...

>They would be getting back what they pay out and more.

That's theoretical at best, what isn't a theory is that a company is either growing or dying. Stagnant or dwindling businesses don't stay around for long, especially if there's competition. Is it entirely fair to say it's greed to try to maintain profit margins in the only way possible? I don't think so.

>the only way possible?

I don't know- seems like there's more than one way to grow a business than stiffing your employees.

Such outlandish ideas as providing a better service/product, not treating employees like shit so they're in a better mood to do their jobs effectively...there's plenty of ways to make a profit that don't require you to pay a shit wage. It just requires they not be a shit business owner.

We as a country keep victimizing those poor corporations being bullied into obeying the law and paying a fair day's wages for services rendered. We need to stop giving them free passes for being pieces of shit.

Prices have been steadily rising in spite of the minimum wage remaining stagnant. To say that prices will rise because of a minimum wage rise is laughable. They would merely start blaming the wage increase for something they already planned to do in the first place.

Deserves to be replaced by automated machines like you in 20-30 years. Humans always fuck things up.

Stop inflation, or slow it down dramatically. Stop printing so much money. And for fucks sake, stop deficit spending and start accumulating a surplus in revenue so we can start paying down our debt. You do those three things, we won't need to raise the minimum wage, our buying power will go up, and prices WILL go down.

As long as our banking system continues to work the way it does, inflation can happen with every withdrawal or loan without the need for printing. It's a problem that will continue to grow as long as we continue this lack of accountability.

He does more work than the ceo.

i like you
your smart