Why are there no good movies about the Korean War?

Why are there no good movies about the Korean War?

Other urls found in this thread:

pangolinbasement.blogspot.kr/2012/05/toth-blazing-combat-4-edgejuly-1966.html
pangolinbasement.blogspot.kr/2014/09/toth-our-fighting-forces-146-burma-sky.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There are lots of Korean ones
No-one else gives a fuck about it because Muh Vietnam

Because the Korean War didn't actually happen.

Korean cinema can be hit or miss. Can you recommend any (apart from Taegukki and Operation Chromite)?

this was good if I remember correctly it's been a bunch of years

M.A.S.H.

The Steel Helmet

filmed during the war so watch it in that context

Because it's a confusing and complex war that wouldn't make a movie than can be easily digested by morons

>6 months of back and fourth blitz kreig
>The Americans get too close to the Chinese boarder
>Hoards of Chinese swarm over the boarder fucking the Americans up
>The Chinese have no tanks and the war reaches a stalemate at roughly the modern North and south boarder
>The UN squabbles about prisoner releases for 3 years and then everyone goes home

It wasn't fucked up in the same way as vietnam and the music from the era is dogshit you can't make apocalyse now style movies about it

It hasn't been taught as some kind of storybook good and evil struggle like WW2 so plebs won't understand what's happening and who to cheer for

The only kinda cool idea I can think of is something about the jet fighter dog fights over north korea but that would never get enough people interested to justify the budget it would require

That's about WW2 you nonce

>What is MASH?
Movie>Show

No it was about the Korean war.

MASH is about Vietnam but they couldn't set it here, so they used Korea as a substitue

It's based off a fucking book set in Korea you stupid cunt, never reply to me again

No jews or blacks involved

Stop talking about shit you dont know brah

is this shitty bait or did you just try to tell me the most famous Korean war movie is set in WW2?
You dumb fuck

>Movie about Korean War
>Gamnam style starts playing

how the fuck is there snow in the upper pic? i thought korea was tropical climate?

Fuck you're a thick cunt

Read a fucking book

Who makes the movies?
Jews.
What jewish propaganda could you push using Korea War?
None.
You have WW2 movies cause holocaust, evil nazis and western warmongering and you have vietnam to push for peace, 60's revolution, hippies, black rights...
The jew can't push propaganda using the Korean War so they don't make any movie about it.

FROZEN
CHOSIN

not everybody cares about dumb gook shit you weeb

Usung Heroes is a film about the Fatherland Liberation War.

JeJ

you cared enough to tell us how retarded you are

Go read a fucking book, any fucking book it will do you more good than spewing your moronic shit on this board

So? The subtext is all Vietnam. It was Vietnam by any other name.

I think you've summed it up well here. It was a fucking mess. It's still tricky to get my head round it now. I do see it as quite a black and white conflict though.

As for the jet fighters, I love this comic: pangolinbasement.blogspot.kr/2012/05/toth-blazing-combat-4-edgejuly-1966.html
Would be neat to see something like that on film. First real jet combat.

Oh, fuck off.

Wrong as well.

>no mention of brotherhood of war

Brotherhood of War is the English title of Taegukgi.

>pangolinbasement.blogspot.kr/2012/05/toth-blazing-combat-4-edgejuly-1966.html

This is awesome, thanks user!

We wuz machine gunnas' n' shit.

>Says M.A.S.H. is about vietnam
>It's literally based on the Korean war
>Insists it's about Vietnam
>Is very much incorrect because it's about the Korean War
>Begs begs begs pleads to believe him it's about vietnam!!

You some sort of mental midget?

there's a ching chong movie out right now

>not everybody cares about dumb gook shit you weeb
>ask about dumb gook shit in the first place

>mfw america lost against china

You're welcome, chum. Here's another one that I really like: pangolinbasement.blogspot.kr/2014/09/toth-our-fighting-forces-146-burma-sky.html

Literally, yes, it's set in Korea during the Korean War. But it was used to comment on the Vietnam War, which was inevitable because that war was still ongoing when the show was airing, and the chaos and futility of war in general. Ya happy now?

hahaha.
my grandpa fought in the korean war. the one thing he remembers most, more than the fighting, more than anything, is how fucking cold korean winters are.
and let me tell you something else. i live in korea now, have lived here for five years. before coming here i lived in places like maine and north dakota. and you know what? it's fucking cold here. korean winters suck man. i've never been so cold in my life.

spring and fall are pretty nice though.

Nah, not buying it. The author of the book was drafted at a M.A.S.H. unit during the Korean War. He began writing the book before Vietnam. Soon it was made into a movie. Because the success of the movie it spun off into the popular series.
The closest I would agree with you is that it comments on 'war' but definitely not the Vietnam war.

the mental midget is kind of right. Altman changed the script that was only about Korea don't get me wrong so the Vietnam subtext would fit. For starters he wouldn't even have mentioned Korea if the studio hadn't interfered. It was 1970...

>Once Altman returned to Fox for post-production, the producers were horrified by the rambling, bloody and profane footage and felt the film was unreleasable. In the editing room, Altman hit upon the use of the loudspeaker announcements as a linking device that gave his episodic film the structure it needed. There was absolutely no mention of Korea in the movie, and Fox insisted that be fixed. An introductory title and the pa announcements were used to clarify that this was certainly not the current Asian war, Vietnam. Gould and Sutherland had rebelled on the set, convinced that Altman's unstructured directing would destroy their fledgling careers. Ring Lardner, Jr. was horrified at the improvisation that camouflaged his original script. He said, "You ruined my picture!" and took solo writing credit only under protest, although his dissatisfaction did not prevent him from accepting the film's only Oscar, for Adapted Screenplay.

Fair enough. Not seen enough of the TV series to judge. Seen that fact thrown around lot though. And it wouldn't surprise me if the producers had done something like that.

Oh, shite. Where are you? It's my first year here, near Busan. What am I in for?

This makes me want to watch the movie now.

This. Most good Korean war movies came during the anti-communists days.

>Steel Helmet
>Porkchop Hill
>Manchurian Candidate

oh boy oh boy. fresh meat. nah but seriously you're gonna love it here. there will be some good, some bad, but it all depends on what you make of your time here.
my best advice is to keep an open mind. treat others kindly and you'll be treated well. and brace for winter. unless you came from siberia, then the winter is gonna fuck you up hard. the weather right now is the best we get until spring. go outside and enjoy it while you can.

Thanks man. I'm having some trouble settling in still. But I guess that's normal.

As you do.

>Porkchop Hill
There were blacks but they were mostly whites it's not like vietnam when people that went uni where absent