What do you think? Good movies or not?

What do you think? Good movies or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/516x90/horror_movie_enthusiasts_what_is_the_most/?sort=top
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wtf i hate the horror genre now

4 and 10 stick out like sore thumbs.

>I saw the devil
>horror flick

>Rec

really?! that is one of the most overrated "horror" movies of ALL TIME.

Terrible list. It's not classic or experimental enough.

do people really consider misery horror? i like the movie a lot but i never really classified it horror

>horror
>none of these films are actually scary

1. okay
2. good
3. good
4. shit
5. shit
6. okay
7. shit
8. shit
9. good
10.okay

fight me you reddit cunts

Event Horizon sucked. Come at me.

Rec should be replaced by The Babadook.

Where the fuck is The Ring?

It's ok, I'd swap Rec, Event horizon and the orphanage for something else though.

>misery
shit
>the thing
the safest horror movie to like
>the descent
it's alright
>bwp
mediocre
>rec
shit
>event horizon
schlock
>tcm
good
>orphanage
mediocre, loses its charm after the first view
>alien
better than all the other shit on the list
>i saw the devil
really? a fucking thriller in a horror list?

So The Thing turned out to be reddit all along.

HOW IRONIC.

I saw the devil is pretty good, but it isn't a fucken horror movie. There's like 3 that belong there.

Give us your one then.

one what

Wow classic "so patrician" reddit move, thinking that putting Misery will make them a special snowflake that knows what "real" horror is.

Misery has some horror elements in a few scenes sure, but that doesn't qualify as a horror alone.

If you go by that you could easily throw in The Conversation, The Vanishing, Zodiac, Fail-Safe, The Chaser or any David Lynch movie in there.

Never change reddit

>the descent

>good

>literally a group of idiots in a dark cave screaming at their own breathing

I love how rveryone here hates reddit but lets reddit shape their opinions by blindly hating what they like. some of it is shit I agree. but I predict no fewer than 100 people will comment on how much blair witch sucks. and the few that give reasons will use buzzwords like "derivative" without knowing what they mean.

Let's make our own true patrician horror Kino list.

I'll start us off.

1. TDKR

Someone's got a case of nostalgia.

>I Saw the Devil
>Horror

wat

I can't even find this on reddit. Where is this from?

>Yfw I saw the Devil is on there because violence against women is so terrible for redditeurs that they equate it to horror
Hugh Mungus

Your top ten, or at least what you'd replace in OPs list. Not trying to be a dick, just interested in horror.

Horror is shit, so no, not good

t. someone who has never experienced a good horror movie

Name me 1 good horror movie

>The Descent
Why is this as popular as it is? It's a good concept, but the movie isn't great.

Your birthtape.

You need to go... back.

>Misery and The Descent that high

Great films, but putting them so high just screams LOOK AT ME I AM A UNIQUE INDIVIDUAL WITH A DIFFERENT OPINION TO THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE!

Like, we have the orphanage and I saw the Devil but you don't have Halloween or Evil Dead 2? What is this shit?

mediocre reddit tier list

>no The Shining
>no The Exorcist
>no Repulsion
>no Poltergeist

Wow.

>no Evil Dead
>no Killer Klowns from Outer Space
>no Creep

>he can't name a single good horror movie so he uses 9gag tier memes instead
thanks for proving my point, fag

This was meant for you

alien
a nightmare on elm street
The Fly 86
night of the living dead
videodrome
possession
hellraiser
Evil dead 2
suspiria
jacob's ladder

but these are all shit user. what does that tell u about reddit and top 10´s in general?

Misery and I saw the devils are more thrillers than horror to me.

The Orphanage isn't scary enough to be on this list

>No Bride of Frankenstein
>Oldest movie from 1974

The only scary horror movies are documentaries. Prove me wrong.

Dear Zachary really showed me the horror of women

>No Evil Dead 1 or 2
>No Black Christmas or Halloween
>No Exorcist
>No Shining
>No The Fly
>None of Romero's Dead trilogy
>None of the classic Universal monster flicks or even any films from before the 1970's
>No fucking Psycho
>No Jacob's Ladder
>No Suspiria

>Misery, Descent and a few others being anywhere near top 10 material

I normally don't get triggered by shit like this, but this is a fucking terrible list. There's not even a source so it's probably a troll thread but fuck it.

reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/516x90/horror_movie_enthusiasts_what_is_the_most/?sort=top

It's changed now though, I guess they keep voting even after 5 hours

Cheers for the source. I feel this is more a case of mass upvotes rather than an attempt to put together a good list of horror flicks, but it's still pretty pleb.

>The Descent

Jump Scares: The Movie

I agree that the list isn't great, but The Descent is probably the best horror movie of the 2000s. I can't think of anything else I'd put up there with it.

The Orphanage is good, retards.

Let the Right One In.

Oh shit, forgot about that one. Probably because I don't think of it as a straight horror movie.

great list but where's the exorcist?

haven't seen it

Why the fuck is Event Horizon higher than Alien? Why is Reddit retarded?

An American Werewolf in London
The Changeling
Night of the Living Dead (1990)
Rosemary's Baby
Fright Night
Night of the Demons
Re-Animator
The Shining
Dellamorte Dellamore
Pet Sematary

you're kidding right?

more people have seen it, do you know how upvotes work?

why is everyone shitting on Rec? Don't like reading subtitles? It's a solid found footage movie, and those are rare

it's popular and liked in general

You got trolled on summerbitch. Now pack up, go home, take your loss like a man and lurk more.

F**king ownage

Devil is in the title. That makes it a horror movie, dumbass.

I completely agree on Event Horizon. Awesome concepts with shit execution. I hope you don't seriously think The Babadook should be on that list, though.

Do people find the descent to be good? Me and the people I saw it with thought it was pretty crap

>alien
>good

shining is a garbage horror movie and movie in general

>no Evil Dead
>no reanimator

what absolute shit opinions. can't even elaborate

meant for you too

>do you know how upvotes work?
No.

>claims ignorance
you sure don't look retarded now, buddy

They're not scary now but the realism of Texas Chainsaw Massacre scared the shit out of me when i was about 10.

i'll elaborate. absolutely shit performances by two out of three of the main actors who get a great deal of screen time

absolute butchery of the original concept of the shining (a man's inner demons being brought out slowly) and instead just giving us 'what if this crazy guy got locked in a hotel with his family lol'

nicholson being decent but still absolutely 100% over the top to the point of occasional hilarity

no proper buildup or explanation about the hotel's past or really proper escalation of the plot in general

Honestly, this is probably the best art house/horror movie of the past 5-10 years, really surprising no one mentions it. To give some FOV, my favorite 5 besides this one would be.

1. Cape Feare (1991)
2. The Shining (1980)
3. The Wicker Man (1973)
4. Blue Velvet (1987)
5. Funny Games (2005)

>I saw the devil
>horror flick

Forgot pic.

tldr, boring post desu

The one thing that bugs me about The Shining is when the lady goes to bed AFTER her husband goes mental and she has to lock him in the pantry
Why does she think it's a good time for a nap

>i can't come up with any argument to reasonably defend this shit movie haha better just throw out a tight meme

Funny games shouldn't be there

>UTS
>horror
nigga wut

How the fuck have more people seen event horizon than alien?

She has no way of leaving or contacting anyone else, it's as good of a choice as any. Her husband is locked in a pantry, how is she supposed to realize a ghost is gonna let him out?

Donny Darko
Trick R' Treat
The Ring
The Lost Boys
The Cabin in the Woods
The Orphanage

Maybe not the best horror movies of all time, but these are my essential "watch every october" core movies

>tight meme
Thanks mate. I agree with your previous post by the way, i just thought you were a memer "hurr shit movie". I still think it's a decent movie tho, but as an adaptation then i'm not so sure

idk man, redditors i guess?

She is an alien woman who eats men's humanity. I'm pretty sure it counts as existential arthouse horror.

it was more of a thriller if anything

agree

Thriller is usually reserved for films that can actually happen. For example, Se7en, or Silence of the Lambs. Nothing supernatural occurs in those films.

It's difficult to put a genre on some films, especially artsy ones. My favorite movies usually don't fit into any one particular genre, like the Master or Barton Fink.

I probably wouldn't be able to sleep, especially if my kid is going wacky too

Good
Good but overpraised
Decent
Okay
Decent
Trash
Decent
Good
Good
Trash

nobody gives a shit

How to spot a pleb:
They rank creature flicks higher than films without anything supernatural going on

>Thriller is usually reserved for films that can actually happen
not really, but if you really wanna be pedantic i could call it a suspense then.

>good movies or not?

Underage reddit shits only like Alien due to its meme status in the horror genre.
Are you implying it's a film and not a flick? If so, go back.

>texas chainsaw massacre
>just decent
Post your top 10 then because i'm triggered rn

>mememememememe

It's a slow burn horror movie. The ending is fucking horrifying, as are the parts in her house. If you are comparing it to Western horror, yes it's kind of tame, but compared to Asian cinema it's clearly horror.

i don't think texas chainsaw aged that well. i saw it for the first time not too long ago and i thought it was just okay.

ending scenes at the dinner and stuff were pretty good at first, unnerving and all, but eventually just got annoying to me

I agree about Event Horizon as well, it's a mediocre movie at best with a cool and interesting setting / concept, but poorly executed story.

>1. Misery
wut