I want to start playing tennis, does anyone have a starters' guide?

I want to start playing tennis, does anyone have a starters' guide?

Just Google "how to be gay"

I don't get the "tennis=gay" meme. Explain?

I assume it's because they're pampered so hard more than any other athlete and act like children breaking shit and blaming others when they lose

I guess. I mean, that's true. Not sure what makes it gay. I think any sport where it's just "you" out there will lead to many psychological wrecks. At least in team sports your subconscious mind can lay blame on people other than yourself.

You will need a partner and a tennis court, which is getting harder to find if you live in a big city.
Just learn how to grip the racquet and practice the top-spin volley from baseline for starter.
If you are thinking to be a pro, the sport is dying since, it is all about the serve power now.

the sport is nice but the people playing it are often pretentious snobs who think they are hot shit

>Not sure what makes it gay.
It's just a sport for pussies.

hit ball over net

just join a club

Explain. I get that there is no physical contact but you have to be mentally strong to win titles in tennis.

t. poorfag

get a racquet, get tennis balls, find a wall to practice hitting against

Don't do it, it's too late

>nice
renowned German precision

fuck you Achmed

if you're not rich:
find 3-4 friends who wanna start
find a coach who has time for you
train 1x a week
get used to the fact that you won't get better because you only train 1x/week

if you're rich:
find a coach that has enough time to train 3-4 times
that's it

it is and will always be a sport for rich people. 8,50€/h for your coach (if you are 4 people (our coach was born in 1997 and is still a college student, that's why he doesn't charge that much)) in winter + costs for the indoor tennis centre. 10€ for every hour you wanna play with a friend. let's say you wanna play 3x a week with your friends -> 30€. more than 40€ a week just for tennis * 4 ≈ 155€/month for tennis if you wanna be decent.

summer isn't that bad, 100€ for the summer season if you're a student and you can play 24h a day if you want

My cousin's kid is 13, and really good, like really good, and he's given up the game because his opposition are ALL whining snotty rich cunt kids who complain and cry all game, while their parents abuse the umpire. Mind you, my cousin has dough, or he'd never had even got a start.

>top-spin volley from baseline

What did the roach mean by this?

Maybe you're just not good enough to get better without a coach.

you wanna play tournaments without training with a coach? good luck, someone has to show you how to play tennis. it's not football or long distance running. tennis is 100% technique.

Consult Dr Fuentes