What does Sup Forums think of this flick?

What does Sup Forums think of this flick?

>Memehood
FTFY

It's sad watching that kid transform into an emo midget.

Overrated

it took 12 years to make

Yeah, that, I think, it's the real tragedy. He seemed like a good kid, then he transforms into a liberal faggot.

One of the best films of 2014

I liked it but I wish the cinematography was better, it was fucking bland to look at

>"im 40 years old and my kid is going to college and my life is at it's end"
Are white women really like this?

It is both overrated and underrated simultaneously.

It doesn't have any black people or jews, so Sup Forumsmblr hates it and only spouts 12 YEARS when you mention it.

>then he transforms into a liberal faggot.
His dad started as one and then went the correct way at the end
His mother stayed the same through the whole thing and had a bad time

It had that one black girl in it in that one scene. She even had a few lines.

bland as hell

First half was a great setup, Linklater did a really good job of capturing the zeitgeist of the early 2000's without going overboard. It was possessed of a real sort of nostalgia and effortless realism. The acting was good, the writing was solid, and the whole tone of the piece was just spot-on.

Then it all fell apart in the second half as it became increasingly obvious that none of this was ever actually going anywhere and he was making it up as he went along. The acting took a dive as the kids actively started to be "actors" rather than naturally being themselves, it got very melodramatic, and it just fizzled out in an unsatisfying way. You could make the argument that its messy structure and narrative collapse into shittiness is itself a statement on life, but I think that's probably giving Linklater a bit too much credit.

Also none of the cinematography was particularly interesting or meaningful, and the pacing was just an absolute mess throughout.

It's like a 6/10 with a really neat gimmick that might bump it up to a 7 and a great opening act. But I'm glad it didn't win best picture because >muh 12 years

I didn't like it. Mason is such a boring kid, and despite making so many good movies on teens/young adults/young love Linklater stripped the section of Mason's teenage years of any passion, excitement or high emotion that makes those topics so generally fruitful.

it took 12 years to make

accurate post

He got progressively less cute over time.

Gay as shit.

First half is definitely better than the second, but the final scene between Mason and his mother where she cries about "this" being all life has to offer, was pretty heartbreaking.

I FUCKING LOVE BOYHOOD