How come no one's ever succesfully merged rock and rap?

How come no one's ever succesfully merged rock and rap?

I mean, yeah, Beastie Boys and Run D.M.C. did it and nu-metal bands in the 90's and 00's did it but none of them have aged well.

I could go as far as saying RATM are the only one's who've come close to it but still, they get old really fast.

what is the explanation for this phenomenom? just curious

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hlk7o5T56iw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Probably because the style of rock chosen is usually pretty basic and not very experimental.

The Roots?

Dumbass.

Excuse me?

this but unironically

This is the logical conclusion to rap rock

Because rap isn't music.
Its stupid fucking garbage.

*tips in solidarity*
*plays the first search result for "Beethoven" on youtube*

What's with all the fucking redditors on Sup Forums today? Are you all stuck in a perpetual loop from 2013 where you think this shit is still funny?

Mark Stewart, Stetsasonic, Bill Laswell
Later you got Roots, Sonic Sum, all that shit

You seem a little upset, brother. Should I play some Chopin instead?
*finger hovers nervously over youtube search bar*

It's like I can see your acne through your words

lol

>Beastie Boys
>aged poorly
Their music is still more fun to listen to than any other modern hip-hop act

Stop projecting, you whiny little shit.

RATM realised that if you want to make rap rock you have to use rock instrumentation that sounds like hip hop not rock,basically you have to focus more on rap rather than rock

Honestly, the problem with Limp Bizkit was Fred Durst and his dumbass persona. The rest of the band was pretty solid.

because rapping is too dominant as a vocal approach. you need something that works with the instruments and not just on top of them

if you want something more "modern" than beastie boys, the best I can think of is some of tricky's work, but I don't know if that can really qualify as traditional rapping

how about this?
youtube.com/watch?v=hlk7o5T56iw

This is about as "prog" as rap rock gets.
Good stuff.

Because rock and funk being meld together is far better. Just like funk is better than rap

Funk and rap are absolutely compatible tho

Kids These Days kinda did it but then they split off and all the ex-members individual projects are absolute shit

N*E*R*D nigga

>Beastie Boys
>hasn't aged well
You are stupid.