This sounds like pop music made by someone who feels pop music is beneath him...

This sounds like pop music made by someone who feels pop music is beneath him, deliberately crowding out his obvious abilities with stupid voices and noises, layering on the irony to mask his own insecurities about what he does. Either way, it’s not much fun to listen to.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vDRvaiq6tv0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this is like a description of john maus if he was bad

This is a copypasta

But is it wrong?

Yes, because Ariel loves pop and that's how he's so well versed in it. The irony is there to poke a little bit of fun, sorta like what The Dead Milkmen did with punk

i don't think you could make albums worth listening too if you were insincere the whole time

Did it leak?

I've heard I Wanna Be Young (obvs) and Time Dandelion are on here.

yes and it's AOTY

sounds like father john misty music not ariel's

Got a link? Been looking forward to this

Zappa did it

I absolutely loved Another Weekend. How does the rest of the album stack up?

you'll hear varying opinions on this board about ariel but i think it's his best album for what it's worth, i wasn't too sure how it'd be when I heard Another Weekend but in the context of the album it sounds even more beautiful. not even the best track on the LP, though it's up there. personally, i love the whole thing. can't say there's a single song i don't like.

no he didn't.

how does it hold up to pom pom?

pom pom is meh so way better.

>pom pom is meh

really is
b4 today and mature are far superior and consistent

Did it actuallly leak?

yes, it leaked, no bullshit, search on the archive

i loved all those albums desu

Leak when?

If you liked the Jell-O side of pom pom you'll probably like this, I found DTBJ meh in general with a handful of exceptions (Time to Live>All other tracks)

m8...

>b4 today and mature are far superior and consistent
true but they're not as much fun as pompom

Git gud

i'll give u that

Yes, very wrong.

Where the hell did you get it from?

What's wrong with Pom Pom?

Its Ariel and his LA friends goofing off in a hi-tech studio. What's not to love?

ariel pink has never made an album worth listening to sooooo..........

Yes.

Ariel loves all kinds of music, and he isn't trying to be above anyone. He just makes music he likes to listen to.

Holy shit you are so behind. It leaked a week ago.

desu i don't get an ironic vibe from ariel pink. maybe from his persona but deffo not from his music.

This comes from retarded music journos reviewing his music. I don't once remember him saying he was making music ironically.

Nevermind I found it.

>Ariel loves all kinds of music, and he isn't trying to be above anyone. He just makes music he likes to listen to
this
he's like MacDeMarco, but talented & wackier

Yeah, didn't realize. What was the Sup Forumseridct?

This, but Ween does it best.

Lololol Mac Demarco is pretty bad but Ariel is far worse. I almost have to respect him for how much he's duped people into thinking he's an actual artist

personally i really really love it. its my second favorite of his new era albums (first being pom pom)

i think its less immediately appealing (although imo all of ariel's music takes a couple listens to digest properlly until you can really get into the meat of it) and people will listen once and be like oh that was lame and never hear again because thats how most people on this board operate which is unfortunate. great album.

Even if you dont like his music, its hard to say he isn't talented.

He has a very natural ability for writing great hooks and stringing strange pop elements together.

Why dont you think he is talented?

Its good, a lot of people are saying its better than pompom but I dont know if I agree, pompom to me feels like an entirely different animal.

He doesn't play any instruments on his own albums, that says it all

yes he does

Just because you can play an instrument, doesn't mean you can write a song.

But anyway, Ariel plays guitars and mouth percussion on some of his early records, and I'm sure he plays some of the instruments on the newer more polished ones. Also, he sings on all the songs.

But you're obviously just speculating about something you know nothing about.

Every track felt unique and fresh in Pom Pom. Each had an idea and a purpose. Maybe people found that gimmicky, but I thought it was great.

This just sounds like his older stuff.

Ariel is on a whole other level. Don't compare him to Demarco.

Why do you fucks keep saying it's ironic? If anything, it's post-ironic.

loomloom credits

>How to make an Ariel Pink song
>Take three pop hooks from the 60s, 70s, or 80s
>Mash em together
>Add some Looney toons sounds for good measure
>Done!

Find me single video of him playing a guitar or any keyboard lol

>Ariel plays guitars and mouth percussion on some of his early records,
way more than this, he plays pretty much every instrument on most of his lo-fi stuff. the tracks where he doesn't are actually listed in the credits.

>This sounds like pop music made by someone who feels pop music is beneath him
Would you rather him be a mindless idiot content with or unaware of the evils of global capitalism and consumerism as they apply to human creativity? You sound like a huge idiot.

youtu.be/vDRvaiq6tv0

Here is him playing bass for Matt Fishbeck

Let me guess, you've never heard FF or Doldrums or Underground. Fucking normies

Is that Chris from girls? Wtf?

Yes he did

Yeah. Matt Fishbeck basically picked him off the street and then his career blew up but just blew off fishbeck completely

>ywn go back in time and smash all of Ariel's cassettes before AnCo heard em

Jdimsa

>lol
fuck off redditt

>This sounds like pop music made by someone who feels pop music is beneath him

This type of criticism from (always Marxist types of) critics is so lame and offbase.

Ariel clearly loves pop music, and probably much more than many people. Perhaps he just loves derangement? Likes a bit of trippiness?

Just fuck off with your resentment politics.

i find it really hard to believe he would so purposefully subvert tropes of popular music using such clearly satirical lyrics because he "loves pop music." maybe he loves pop music but thats with an entirely self aware sense that he likes it because its scientifically composed for everyone to like it, buy it, and be brainwashed by it messeges. hes commenting on global capitalisms effects on human expression through music. hes clearly magnifying methodologies which exist wthin pop culture, pop music, and consumer culture in regards to music through his work...

SOMEONE POST THE LINK FUCK

YES I CHECKED THE ARCHIVE

PLEASE

I've only listened to it once but the tracks seemed kinda samey to me. Is that about right or do you need to listen to it a few times?

only thing samey is his vocal delivery