Is fallout new vegas worth playing, despite the lack of challenge involved? Explain, or recommend a better game

Is fallout new vegas worth playing, despite the lack of challenge involved? Explain, or recommend a better game.

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/y0691?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

if you do not enjoy story telling in a game
then don't bother
play FO4 instead

I honestly thought it was pretty decent... It's pretty much just like fallout 3, but the setting is different and there isn't quite as good dlc, but still good tho. Mod it and have fun.

Fallout New Vegas is a masterpiece. It has it's bugs here and there, but it is an amazing experience if you enjoy lore and choosing your own path. Would definitely recommend

It's the only actually good newer Fallout (yeah, oldfag here that thinks Fallout 2 is the best Fallout). Most likely reason for that is that it's not made by Bethesda. Fallout 3 or 4 ain't got shit on it, story- or RPG-wise.

Basically it goes like this: Fallout 3 is the prototype that's flat out shitey-shite compared to all the others. It was good when it came out, but mostly because it was Oblivion with guns and dust, plus there wasn't actually anything like it to compete with. The basic idea of a 1st person sandbox RPG was still pretty fresh for most people even though Bethesda only rehashed it's old engine from Morrowind/Oblivion with new graphics and some updates. New Vegas added complex storylines and plots, loads of gear to fiddle with, weapon customization.. You name it. It's still cosmetically Fallout 3, but with shitload of good content. Fallout 4 went all shoot'em'up and streamlining on the franchise and it deserves all the shit it can get. But in the end it's a pretty comfy shoot'em'up in Fallout universe, so I can tolerate it.

So my answer is: Yes, but only if you enjoyed Fallout 3.

Ps. OP please explain "lack of challenge"

play it nigger. much better than f3 with more choices and actual consequences

you can always download mods that make it more difficult

Fallout NV is worth playing, wtf do you mean lack of challenge?

Play fallout 1, 2 and them, nv.

Of the '3D Fallouts' new vegas is closest to fo1 and fo2 so it is the best of them.

Not detecting a troll. Fallout 4 has the shittiest main story in a looooong time.

I'm actually playing it right now lmao. I played the fuck out of it on console years ago but now that I have it on pc with some mods, it's a nice new experience. There are plenty of mods that add difficulty, new content, and huge improvements on vanilla content. I highly recommend using a mod manager like NMM, makes things much easier. I'm having fun with my custom tall ghoul boyfriend companion that fucks me silly every day, 10/10

Just played through it again recently, it really is. The dlc was new to me plus i never played with mods on console, all this on linux too (wine ported). The graphics and texture packs look as good as any AAA title today, story line is deep and best part.

Trips of truth.

It's so fucking bad it's not even funny.
>decide to not follow the main quest my first playthrough
>just wander around the commonwealth
>eventually come to this subway station in the middle of the main city
>decide to check it out
>after wandering around inside for a while I eventually find this guy named valentine
>he reveals to me that he's a detective, and he wants to know why I would risk my life for him
>seeing as how i was just looking around and looting, and seeing as how I had no idea he was down there, I figured they'd give me a dialogue option for "I was just in the area" or something like that
>I am basically forced to ask for his help before i can leave the vault
>can't even leave him there to die or anything
>after escaping and giving him my god damn life story we decide to go check out this dude's house
>first I need to get the key to it since the door is locked
>go speak to the mayor but my charisma isn't high enough so he won't give me the key
>decide to just shoot him and take it
>he won't die
>his secretary won't die either
>eventually figure out you can steal the key from the desk
>fast forward, finish searching the dude's house (or rather not searching it, since valentine found the secret door button in seconds
>find some cigars and shit
>valentine initiates dialogue with me and says that we've hit a dead end
>the dialogue option "dogmeat" appears
>"maybe dogmeat can track him!"
>I hadn't even come across dogmeat yet
>hadn't even gone to the red rocket yet
>valentine somehow knows who the dogmeat is as well, despite never seeing him before
>mfw

I played through it for the first time just a few months ago before FO4. Would recommend.

"Masterpiece"
streamable.com/y0691?

Nothing worth.

To be honest, some of the dialogue choices showed that he had worked with Dogmeat in the past.

It's a great game, but I'm glad I played it before I played FO4.

After playing FO4, I can't go back to the shitty combat in FO3 and NV, even though both games are way better than FO4 in terms of story and pacing and characters and all that stuff.

What about the player?

Also why does everyone start sucking your god damn dick every time you mention that you're a vault dweller/from the past.

>lack of challenge
see how well you do trying to take alternate paths to New Vegas from Goodsprings

if you want an open world apocalyptic game like Fallout but with clallenge.

-Old good S.T.A.L.K.E.R Evolution
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R Misery
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Chernobyl

This

>Is fallout new vegas worth playing, despite the lack of challenge involved? Explain, or recommend a better game.

It's an shooter, go for Fallout 2

S.T.A.L.K.E.R