I must write a 3-5 page paper on a piece of media set before the year 1500, and critically analyze it...

I must write a 3-5 page paper on a piece of media set before the year 1500, and critically analyze it. The civilizations we covered are Persia, China, Greece, Rome, Israel, and Arabia. (My professor spent 3 classes on Islam and 1 class covering Alexander the Great and Rome which is ridiculous) I need two sources to go along with it, one must be a "scholarly book." What should I write about, it is due next Friday so I think a movie would be my best bet. Can you guys recommend sources along with your media? I posted this in /his/ but I thought I would post it here to, as all these civs are international

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asterix_&_Obelix:_Mission_Cleopatra
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We also covered Egypt

Watch Gladiator. It's shit in terms of historical accuracy but a very entertaining movie.

Yeah I was thinking about that or the Ten Commandments

Kingdom of Heaven? Dunno whether it's related, but it's sure a damn good movie.

I think my professor is looking for movies set earlier in time than that

赤壁

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asterix_&_Obelix:_Mission_Cleopatra

The prince of Egypt

Maybe, I will watch it but I don't know if it is good for a paper

best movie

请允许我怀疑一下你的身份

是的你可以。 我是一个女孩(女)顺便一提。

>not 王的盛宴

Quo Vadis?

Ice Age.

哼.....幸会,中文水平不错,虽然还有需要改进的地方

Pick a Chinese martial arts movie.

> House of flying daggers
Set in decaying T'ang China, it portrays the corruption and insecurity that plagued the end of the T'ang dynasty.

> The Emperor's shadow
About the First Emperor, Qin Shi Huangdi, and musician Gao Jianli.

> Red Cliff
Tony Leung and friends recreate the epic Battle of Red Cliffs, when China was split into three.

> Warriors of Heaven and Earth
Another T'ang dynasty film, also remove kebab.

about how israel has done nothing wrong and is the best country in the world!

> a piece of media set before the year 1500
Can't you read, Avi?

>Implying God has not had to punish Israel for their countless sins, and this is documented in both the Old and New Testaments
>Implying the majority of Jews right now are not in error denying the Christ
Don't get me started on Palestine either

Agora is set in roman alexandria and its pretty good.
The tv show HBO rome is a masterpiece.

All good suggestions, which would you say is the best?

Read the plot on wikipedia, sounds like trash

Red Cliff is the most Hollywood-like of these films, but House of flying daggers is probably the easiest to find. I liked the latter.

Red cliff is the only one on Netflix, House of Flying Daggers is not on Amazon Prime video or Netflix, I was hoping to find it for free lol