The Fourth Kind

So all of a sudden, once again, I feel like giving this movie a try. I like spoopy aliens and Milla is my waifu. Does it really deserve all the shit that people give it, or are they just butthurt because it wasn't real?

This movie came out 10 years late. Its gimmick is that real found footage just like The Blair Witch Project.

4/10 at best.

I liked it. I think it does the whole 'lets pretend this is based on real stuff but really isn't' thing quite well, and it's definitely one of the more scary alien abduction movies.

Would have been a lot better if it didn't try so hard to pretend it was real.

>Does it really deserve all the shit that people give it
yes

hopefully with the resurgence of low to mid budget horror flicks some abduction kino will come back as well

MFW my boss was telling me about how this was the scariest documentary he's ever seen. He legitimately thought it was real, I didn't have the heart to tell him he's an idiot.

Elaborate.

I can beat that.
>be in college
>go with some freshmen to see Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake
>of course they push the "based on real events" angle
>Final shot with the camera footage
>driving back, one kid asks if that was the actual footage from the murders
>laugh and call him an idiot
>feel kind of bad

Close Encounters is literally the only good alien abduction kino ever made. Every single other abduction movie ever made in the history of forever is terrible.

>inb4 Fire in the Sky

One good scene does not nullify several hours of tedious poorly-acted pablum

Its not the best alien movie but its one of the better ones

I never know how best to deal with these people. This same boss bought a "brain supplement" a while back believing he was actually going to be smarter for it. I don't want to be a know it all but damn people are fucking stupid.

I will be honest and say I don't care for abduction stuff and prefer just general alien spoops/aliens creeping around peoples' property, etc.

Perhaps a better movie to watch then, in that case?

They sure are.

Senior year of high school, a kid asked if they set the bombs off at the end of Dr. Strangelove specifically for the movie.

Maybe we deserve the bomb.

incident in lake county is literally raw kino

Always been interested in seeing that one.

I dunno but it scared the fuck out of me when I first saw it as a teenager

would have been more funny if you stopped at
>be in college

>alpha brain

So where might I be able to see this unadulterated piece of cinema?

bump.

The worst film I paid to see in the cinema until fucking 50 Shades.