Insomnia thread

Insomnia thread.
How do you guys deal with insomnia? Nothing else has worked in the matter of months I've been trying with my doc so finally she just gave me a shit ton of benzos. I don't know want to rely on this shit forever. Has anyone found a cure for their insomnia? I don't mind taking the pills for awhile to level out but what do I do afterwards?

>the withdrawals can literally kill you

I know. Hence why I don't want to stay on them forever/

avoid Benzos please

Weed is probably a better alternative to benzos

Nothing has worked. Seroquel, z drugs, I've tried them all. I was on halcion for awhile which felt wonderful but if I wake up in the middle of the night I can't go back to sleep. So I switched to 30 mg of dalmane and a mg of klonopin. The dalmane at least helps me stay asleep because the halflife is insanely long:

Gives me mad anxiety bro. I used to love it.

Been depressed lately. Sleep half a year. Have insomnia half a year

Trust me benzo's are horrible, I have been on them for two years now. I can't sleep without them now I will wake up in the middle of the night terrified, and unable to sleep until I get more. They're supper addicting.

OP here
I know I also have been on and off them for years. I've always only used them when I absolutely need them. I'm prone to panic attacks.

What benzos and what doses?

Have you tried marijuana edibles?

xanax 2mg, anywhere from 12-18 mg a day

Yes I have.... I really wish I still enjoyed weed. Maybe if I moved somewhere where it was readily available and legal for recreational use I'd have some success with a strong indica. I have no tolerance for weed so I probably wouldn't start with the edible route and I'd probably just pack a bowl of some Northern Lights and take a rip or two. I'd definitely try it out. Alone at night with Netflix.

There is no way a doc would prescribe you that much man. What the hell?? You get them on the streets or what?

try mirtazapine

I'm detoxing off alcohol and don't want to spend all my money at the doctor's so I take Benadryl. Don't know of there's any sides yet.

couple heavy bong hits usually helps me

You could try taking melatonin in pill format, its the chemical your body creates that makes you tired

well it started with Ativan and gradually increased. now its at the point where my roommates go to the doctors to get there script, and I just buy them off of them.

Benzos are fine if you know how to control yourself and don't end up taking a bar a day.

Xyrem is really good. I take it for narcolepsy, but it btfo insomnia. It just knocks you out. Absolutely nothing in existence will wake you up or keep you awake.

Only bad part is you have to take it twice a night as it wears off and has a rebound effect that wakes you up again.

valium is the longest lasting of the benzos, it takes a bit to kick in but you'll sleep pretty well and your body wont crave it due it it's long half life.

I've been on benzos for years due to crippling panic and insomnia. it's best to work a system were you take days off of use frequently

I'm currently on a 3 day on, two day off at 20mg a night and 10 as needed during the off days