At what age when you realized that wikipedia is better than RYM and last...

At what age when you realized that wikipedia is better than RYM and last.fm at finding recommendations and new genres to listen.

Other urls found in this thread:

sputnikmusic.com/
antigravitybunny.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I miss old last.fm. I've had the same fucking recommendations for months, and you can't delete them like you used to. And the site is so bulky and slow. And they only give you one page of recs. You can't even search by tags anymore. shit sucks

Like a decade ago. Just the "Outsider music" page has some of the greatest acts of all time.

just use discogs, truly the best way to find shit

Discogs is best, but I can never rely on their genre tags.

I would agree with this if lists and users who're experts in their specific genres didn't exist.

rym is full of jackasses spergs and liars
last.fm went to shit
true
yes
>users who're experts in their specific genres
you mean people who pretend to be experts

thats true, but its fun to go to a tag, then click on the releases then just go at hundreds of albums and pick which ones look cool. The total comfy and as natural as you can get looking for music these days besides going to a record shop.

how does one truly become an expert in a genre?

idk but im pretty sure that it requires more than posting on the internet, definitely requires more than anyone on Sup Forums or rym has ever put in.

>idk but im pretty sure that it requires more than posting on the internet, definitely requires more than anyone on Sup Forums or rym has ever put in.
Because you know everyone who's ever posted on rym and Sup Forums.

Spotify is pretty damn excellent at making recommendations nowadays.

>Because you know everyone who's ever posted on rym and Sup Forums.
look idiot, if youre an expert you're not hanging around on those shit places, you're using your expertise in a useful way, like writing for a blog, or respectable publication.

>like writing for a blog
>respectable
You realize the vast majority of list makers and reviewers use rym exactly like a blog, right? You're just a dipshit trying to be a contrarian.

Or if you're not, show me one of these blogs that outclasses everything that's been posted on rym.

sputnikmusic.com/

antigravitybunny.com/

>this music rating/reviewing site is stupid
>here's a music rating/reviewing site that's totally different

Also
>Rolling Stones #4 on their country chart
Yeah, no, they're shit.

> not just using p4k new releases

>not using all of them at the same time
Oh wow guys, I have the best recs

>using Pitchfork ever

but what genre?