Redpill me on post-rock

Redpill me on post-rock

well basically,

It sounds good sometimes

Post-rock is not a real genre, it's a stupid and pretty much meaningless term coined by Simon Reynolds. Not a single respectable "post-rock" artist calls their music like that.

>Aitchison isn’t all grins, however, when asked how he feels about the term post-rock. Mogwai has been lumped into this supposed genre of music by unimaginative music critics. “It’s kind of a stupid term, it doesn’t really make much sense. I don’t know, it seems really pretentious to me. A lot of the bands are described as being post rock. You get bands like Tortoise, we’re nothing like Tortoise, we’re completely different. So it’s a pretty vague term. It’s a pretty lazy term, lazy on the media’s front. They don’t really know what sort of music it is. If it’s not straight-ahead rock n’ roll, then it’s post rock. It’s a bit miserable, so we’ll call it post rock. It’s stupid. Like Stuart always says, post rock is when you get drunk and chase girls.

Just listen to this my friend

Listen to the 90s stuff.

>It's another episode of artist doesn't like the genre they've been put into

good post
best Cul de Sac

it's easy listening for the most part without being a completely commercial tier product

No need to. You'll get sick of it eventually.

ty buddy

sure but the range is too far. talk talk sounds nothing like disco inferno. sftb sounds nothing like explosions in the sky

Yeah I don't get how disco inferno and talk talk are in the same genre.

nice bait

>talk talk sounds nothing like disco inferno
keep telling yourself this rockists

Most artists in this "genre" don't even sound similar, tho. Except shitty GY!BE copycats.

ok buddy

Tool sounds nothing like Yes and they're in the same genre.

Crescendo-core is the only sub subgenre that matters.
I say this post-ironically. It's actually my favorite thing of all time.

What are the waves? Where does lift yr skinny fists fall? 2nd wave?

>everything in a genre needs to sound the same to be the same genre

I suppose there are also 595734753785 genders because there appears to be some nuances on an individual basis.

it will be 4 chords repeated out of order for 5 minutes each music.
It's so simple, it make it beautiful.

The majority of third wave is repetititve and uninteresting.

The third wave bands that are actually decent are usually doing something interesting.

Also this is a great album, you should listen OP

there's no such thing as "third wave post-rock", that's an old Sup Forums meme

the fact is it started as a catch-all term for a bunch experimental indie bands from the us/uk in the early-to-mid 90s that had little in common and only developed a sound of its own until the later half of the decade and turn of the century with bands like mogwai, gy!be and (later) eits

but there's no clearly defined "waves", it's not like ska