From "Braveheart" to "Apocalypto" Mel Gibson has a proven track record of creating highly original & mesmerizing...

>From "Braveheart" to "Apocalypto" Mel Gibson has a proven track record of creating highly original & mesmerizing historical epics. In his latest effort, "HACKSAW RIDGE", he adapts the true story of Desmond T. Doss who, due to his religious upbringing as a Seventh Day Adventist, became a conscientious objector during WWII because he was horrified at the idea of killing another human being. As a result the Army made him a medic & shipped him out to the Pacific where he ended up finding himself in The Battle of Okinawa, the largest & deadliest battle of the Pacific Theatre. There, among all of the dangerous carnage, and despite his conscientious objector status, he would end up performing one of the most stunning feats of heroism in American History for which he would earn The Medal of Honor.

>In all honesty, when it comes to violence, I've always appreciated Gibson's approach over anyone else's, including Tarantino. In Gibson's world, violence is misery, and pain, and suffering. But he has such a beautiful vision that it makes watching his work a paradoxical experience of viewing violence with fascination and disgust. Although the movie is laden with brutal violence, it upends the idea and concept of what a hero is which is a message we desperately need in our hyper masculine culture. Desmond Doss never killed a single person and yet had more bravery than the men around him. This is a violent war movie about non violence and it seems that Gibson has made this apparent contradiction work in the best way possible.

>Braveheart
>highly original & mesmerizing historical epic

how not ?

Gibson attempting to stir up social unrest in Britain due to his own anti-English sentiments. Shockingly inaccurate to the point of satire

Well, fuck the British, so I don't give a fuck.

>King Edward was bad, not because he oppressed the Scottish people but because he did it in a bit of a gay way

>straight from a comment on r/movies

Kill yourself, faggot.

Back to reedit you go

>our hyper masculine culture

Fuck off you jew.

Mel's back, it's over for the jews

what happened to the viking flick? I was looking forward to it t b h

oh look its mr i hate english people

fuck that cunt

his shit accounts for half the votes the snp get

FREEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

And how would you know that, reddito?

wtf i love Mel now

>hyper masculine culture
>in the age of nu-males, cuckold and estrogen in the water supply

>it upends the idea and concept of what a hero is which is a message we desperately need in our hyper masculine culture.

there we go. found the most stupid thing I read today here.

The only time the english were even remotely oppressed is when they were invaded by a bunch of french speaking vikings one millenia ago.

Quit your whining.

Sowwwwwy about Brexit :(((( You gonna be ok?

>ifunny.co

why the fuck are kikes and anglos so but blasted by Mel?

You tried to squeeze him out of the industry for a decade, but now he's back and you're still mad?