youtu.be/gpwvJzcfL1w?t=61
geoffreylandis.com/vacuum.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Apollo 13

Not 2001, the moon has Earth gravity.

Gravity (2013)

Very much this. Such an awesome movie.

Winner

The real life team of astronauts who were in Apollo 13 had to have been the singular most talented group of people ever assembled

This, followed by The Right Stuff.

This is definitely up there.

What's basically a documentary about real events hardly counts.

Interstellar or Star Wars for sure.

That's the only one.
>Apollo 13
>Not showing the previous fake Moon landing.
Took me right out of the movie.

Apollo 13 is falsified events to justify that mission.

They actually attempted to detonate a small nuclear device on the dark side of the Moon, but the extraterrestrials who are on the Moon observing humanity disabled their craft and sent them back to Earth.

The story in this movie is just the fantasy NASA had to concoct for the press. They would have died in space if anything like they claim happened.

His head didnt explote when the entire camp blow away. DROPPED

What?

Interestellar.

It's not even close to a documentary. That would be like saying Saving Private Ryan is a documentary. There is no narration, and it has thematic elements.

when his helmet brokes this should happen

/thread

That's... not how things work at all. God damn you are stupid.

your stupid

My stupid what?

His helmet was pressurized, and since the atmosphere was low pressure there would be no way for the blast wave to travel to cause that to happen.

face

Mars is not a complete vacuum like space.

Alien

They science the shit out it huh?

That shit doesn't even happen in a vacuum.

Yes, because of the internet, and comments exactly like that.

>space
>realistic
You know what to do.

Correct. user probably watched the 80's Total Recall, and thought it was accurate.

>David, when entering the emergency air lock, is exposed to the vacuum of space for ~10 seconds before closing the airlock door, after which he goes through the rapid pressurization of the cabin space.
>Walks away from this
Hmm yes

is that a benis?

And?

fpbp

true story best stroy

>10 seconds

Are you certain? Did you time it exactly? You could survive a few seconds. It is plausible.

1. Apollo 13.
2. The Right Stuff
3. Interstellar
4. Gravity

ALien

event horizon is based on a true story

Easily 2001.
I was an astronaut and it was like that.
Source: my dad works for nintendo

youtu.be/gpwvJzcfL1w?t=61
If you assume time is 1:1, it's around 13-15 seconds of exposure.
But upon further research it looks like it's actually plausible, if you're willing to trust a web 1.0 source
geoffreylandis.com/vacuum.html

NASA has confirmed many times that you can survive in a vacuum for a surprisingly long time.

Underrated post.

In space nobody can hear your plot holes.

It's a dramatization of Soyuz 11.

Reasonably the movie based it on NASA information at the time, but consider the movie's story too. Imagine the adrenaline knowing your about to throw yourself into space with the threat of death.

Your blood is pumping hard,fast, and you're on extreme survival mode.

you forgot the massive power gap between 2 and 3 bro... even the good startrek movies would fit in there..

Please explain just why you think that would happen? Stupidest shit ever..

yes, every astronaut describes pic related

if you remember to exhale you can survive up to a minute in hard vacuum, remaining conscious about half that time

after all its only a 1 atm pressure difference and its actually incredibly difficult to lose heat in vacuum so you don't cool down nearly as fast as you'd think

You explain me why wouldn't happen?

your head is perfectly capable of withstanding pressure differences of around 1 bar

if your head doesn't cave in from diving 10m down it won't explode from vacuum exposure