Daily Sopranos and Wire threads

>daily Sopranos and Wire threads
>pic related once in a blue moon

Why has it been forgotten so quickly, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=frd6bQhyCE0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's like that one chick you meet on tinder fuck once and block her number

Sup Forums did a complete 180 on this show after its finale

Because on re-watches you're not interested in what's going to happen to next and you quickly realize it's filled with melodrama and over the top moments.
It's basically a live action comic book. I still like it, but The Sopranos or The Wire are arguably the best show ever made. So it doesn't hold up those.

Because it didn't have many memes and had a satisfying conclusion.

You know, things Sup Forums always claims it wants then they bitch when they get it.

>comparing it to Sopranos and the Wire

Season 5 episode 1 was the point that I started to dislike the show. The finale was just the poo cherry on the shit cake that was the final season.

What's there to talk about?

YOU start the conversation, OP

here we go, you asked for it

I thought s5 was alright, but it finale was pretty Mediocre, it just was pandering to diehard fans at point.

Because it has no room for interpretation, on anything.

>Why has it been forgotten so quickly by Sup Forums?
FTFY
Literally every normie you talk to outside of a certain Mongolian stamp collecting forum will name Breaking Bad as their favorite show or at least in their top 5. Why Sup Forums has turned its back on it is impossible to discuss without invoking some meme argument, either pro or con.

I don't think the conclusion was actually satisfying. More like superficially crowd pleasing. They threw in some cartoon characters at the end just so Walter could have an epin battle with them in the finale. It was the capeshit action movie ending.

This comic is a weak meme. The whole point of that episode is that that wasn't true and Walter was just expressing his stress through killing this fly.

they're all bullshit but
is bretty good

The main reason I was so eager to cast Breaking Bad out of mind after it had ended was by how burnt and insulted by how bad the show had gotten. If it had been cancelled after season 4 I'd probably be a lot more charitable. I felt straight up betrayed by season 5. They sold out and upped the superficial "coolness" to please the plebes.

I felt embarrassed that I ever thought this show deserved to be mentioned alongside the televison greats.

It's really not that good.

I think season 1 is the only consistently great one. Season 2+ has some good moments but is mostly shit, and the final season is almost unwatchable.

>cartoon characters at the end

The nazis were introduced at the beginning of S5. They weren't just chucked in there any more than Tuco was.

Sorry it didn't have the dire muh crime don't pay or some ambiguous horseshit attempting to be deep. It was, arguably, predictable but it was an ending.

It was a decent show that they accidentally wrapped up in season 4 but they decided they wanted a fall of walter ending so they tacked on two seasons that felt notably less quality than the ones before. Everything after the gus saga felt like a rapid wind down to an ending they wanted to get to but didn't feel faithful to the theme of the story. It ended in a very safe fashion that was seen as tying all the loose ends together but really it was just the boring "le criminal with a heart of gold who has to pay but still made sympathetic" ending. If the show ended after season 4 you would see more threads because it was very tight up to that point. Unfortunately, greed dragged it out and it whimpered instead of banged.

The show had potential early on then got memed into mediocrity. What's there to talk about?

Ok, so the few 10,5m American die hard fans left at the end of s5 was nothing compared to the s2 finales 1,5m viewers?

>at the end
He meant relative end of the series, that's why he specified battle in the finale.

When they introduced Lydia and the Nazis I felt things were getting a bit lame, probably because theres nothing at all compelling about either of them yet they were the 'antagonists' of S5 but they just couldn't live up to even fucking Tuco let alone Gus.

the fate of all shows that are written season by season instead of having a coherent story from beginning to end

doesnt have much lasting value. last season was weak as fuck and it relied on lost-esque writing with cliffhangers every episode and completely unrealistic shit

5th Season Cancer rendered the show pointless

>decided to re-watch it
>Marie
I mean, almost every character in this series deserved what they got except Hank and Mike , but fucking Marie. Jesus fucking Christ Marie.

Oh and on related note
>S'all good, man
Mind = blown.

The finale wasn't even thought up when the nazis were introduced. It was a season later if you disavow the "5b" horseshit.

I had problems with the final season, but it was the same trajectory as Sopranos if we're being honest about it. Suddenly the writers to make the main character evil so the audience loses sympathy, then back to normal again.

kek
never seen this one

>The nazis were introduced at the beginning of S5
This isn't true. They were introduced in the second last episode of season 5a and it screamed "plot device" the second they showed up.

BrBa has no rewatch value. The plot is entirely based on the next tweest.

holy fuck I cant breath

They were introduced with Todd, user.

>sopranos
>best shown ever made

thats nostalgia blinding you. as a 2000s baby, i tried to watch sopranos recently to see what the fuss is all about and its dated garbage 90s shlock with over acting, bad acting, horrible sound effects, horrible 90s camera angles, and the action or scenes where something dramatic happens have no inpact to them.

if you havent seen sopronos just pass. the only people that enjoy it are old fucks that grew up in the 90s watching it.

>The finale wasn't even thought up when the nazis were introduced.
The finale wasn't thought up when the machine gun was introduced, but it feels pretty obvious that they only introduced those nazi characters with the ultimate purpose of being the people Walter was going to have to use that gun in the flashforward on.

I don't see the Sopranos comparison. The last stretch of episodes seemed like they were there to make the audience dislike Tony as much as possible. Season 5 of Breaking Bad really lost its balls in that department with the redemptive crowd pleasing note it ended on.

Sooooo exactly what kind of "partners" were they?

Delicious b8.

Have some Cara for making me reply.

0/10

Todd appears first. The nazis are introduced in the episode with the prison executions. If I recall they're in a tight situation and then Todd mentions that maybe his uncle could help.

Why is he such a prick to his brother?

Todd sort of makes a veiled threat, with an implication about his uncle's prison connection. Later on someone asks Mike about Todd's uncle and Mike has already looked into them and he seems to think that they're nothing serious, Todd was just blowing smoke.

The final bad guys should have been the Russian mob overseeing the Czech deal.

>The finale wasn't thought up when the machine gun was introduced, but it feels pretty obvious that they only introduced those nazi characters with the ultimate purpose of being the people Walter was going to have to use that gun in the flashforward on.

It feels obvious because that's what happened.

>I don't see the Sopranos comparison. The last stretch of episodes seemed like they were there to make the audience dislike Tony as much as possible. Season 5 of Breaking Bad really lost its balls in that department with the redemptive crowd pleasing note it ended on.

The show ended with Tony having defeated his enemies yet facing death/imprisonment.

Breaking Bad ended with Walt having defeated his enemies and dying.

They track nearly exactly the same, save for the "deep" ending of the Sopranos which itself was somewhat of a copout.

Autism.

Breaking Bad has zero rewatchability. All the characters except Walt are just 2D cardboard cut touts who exist merely to defy and stand in Walter's way. Everyone except Walt, Hank, and Saul are complete and total non characters.

because it's a meme show favored by reddit

The show is perfect so there's nothing to discuss.

OP's pic was the most bro moment. Tfw Walt and Jesse will never be bros again ;_;

Alright this made me laugh

I don't get this. What does it reference?

more importantly, why do the bodies switch half way through the comic? He kills Walter and then Walter's corpse transforms into a Mexican?

>lost-esque
>cliffhangers
Dyou even know what a cliffhanger is? Say what you want about Lost but aside from the finales, basically every ep was wrapped up and functioned as a singular episode. Breaking Bad feels like one giant unbroken piece of television arbitrarily chopped up.

The difference is that I don't think The Sopranos copped out on making it clear that Tony was an inexcusably shitty human being. Breaking Bad flirted with that but ultimately the audience never stopped rooting for Walter, and the ending only went to validate that viewpoint. I'd have been happier if Walter had spent out the rest of his life living in that cabin completely pathetic and alone. Everything from the "get hype" cliffhanger to granite state to the end of the last episode felt like it was there to please the people who thought that "I am the danger" was just some surface level bad ass line rather than a fairly pathetic scene of a man trying convince his wife that he is a bad ass when he has lost all control of his situation.

The only scene I liked in the finale was the final Walter/Skyler scene.

What's the difference between the depictions of Gus between those panels?

The nazis are literally the only bad guys in the show that aren't complete cartoon characters which tells quite a lot about the show.

Are you literally that stupid?

>complaining about "falling action" in a very archetypal morality play

Plebs forming pleb opinions about a pleb show, and STILL missing the point.

BB ended just fine. The reason nobody discusses it is because there are literally zero loose ends or red herrings to figure out.

Breaking Bad was always a B+ drama. It can't sit with The Wire or even The Shield.

I live on the same block as Walter White's house. On any given day you will see some car full of Germans or something taking pictures. It's also a pokestop.

Gus Fring was a shallow cartoon character but he was less of a shallow cartoon character than the nazis. The fact they were nazis in the first place only goes to speak to how lazy their characterization is. How do we quickly build up these characters as a threat that the audience is supposed to want to see Walter destroy. Let's make them incredibly overpowered nazis and have them kill one of the most "innocent" characters on the show. The fact that they were thrown in so late in the game makes them feel extra tacked on and mechanical too. They don't do much for the themes of the show, they're literally just there as a narrative device to make sense of the corner that the writers put themselves into for the sake of some cheap shock value. That flashforward was a huge mistake. It made the last season all about pushing the characters around the chessboard to make them move from point A to the point B they set themselves.

they were just friends. max was into fat dudes.

youtube.com/watch?v=frd6bQhyCE0

yes. same actor.

The comic makes no fucking sense stop memeing

They literally raped Jesse and killed Andrea in a span of two episodes just because they're EEVUL

Stop being autistic and being physically incapable of picking up on jokes

How did they cop out on Walt being a shitty human being? At least any more than they did Tony in 6b? One minute he doesn't give a shit about anyone but his money. Then suddenly he loves Bobby and Janice and all this.

I am the danger was exactly what you claim you wanted, user. Just like "I am the one who knocks". Walt isn't a badass. He thinks he is but he's in no control of the situation as the Nazis prove.

They killed Andrea because Jesse wouldn't cook for them. How are they less of a cartoon than The Cousins or the whole Mexican cartel?

They should've killed Jesse in the first season like they first intended. Super annoying character and everything went to shit because of him.

There is no joke, Reddit, it's just showing what Walt expected to happen vs what actually happened

XBOX

FIND ME A JOB

B-but muh bitch, muh science bitch, muh magnets bitch ;(

Seen it once as it was airing
>S1
funny, lighthearted
>S2
I can see where this is going
>S3
Yeh enough with the drama
>S4
No more breakfasts please
>S5
Oh god make it stop

People watched it for whatever kind of zany surprise the director could come up with next
It leaves a hint here or there and appears to be cryptic at times but that's just fodder
It's not about social, political, economic topics, there isn't anything related to BB other than the thrill you get from it but after you watched it that's gone, it's sort of the 24 series of the modern day

Gus stabs Walt and then two panels later Walt is still standing and Gus actually killed a Mexican instead. Easily the worst of these terrible comics.

>Walt isn't a badass. He thinks he is but he's in no control of the situation as the Nazis prove.
He comes out on top though. I'd have still have thought the nazis were lazy characters but if it ended with Walter going to that nazi compound, achieving nothing and then being brutally murdered then I would have preferred that. The show really went into fan service territory towards the end and the only way to make up for that would have been to frustrate the fans as much as possible. Remember fan favorite Omar being killed nonchalantly by a little kid? That's the kind of down to earth fuck you that the show needed after scenes like "SAY MY NAME". Instead Walter is vindicated.
>One minute he doesn't give a shit about anyone but his money. Then suddenly he loves Bobby and Janice and all this.
I mean the last significant Bobby/Janice episode (Sopranos home movies) has Tony acting as bitter and unlikeble as we ever see him. He acts like a cunt and gets his ass handed to him by Bobby, then spends the rest of the episode making up excuses to heal his ego before making Bobby sully himself by murdering somebody in cold blood to bring him down.

fewf

He wiped his glasses off and put them back on between them. That's the joke. There's not a lot of room for condescension from either of you when you're too stupid to realize it was meant to show him fucking up because he couldn't see and trying to play it off. The autists that populate this board, I swear.

It was a great show, maybe not all time great but a tier below it for sure.

even s5 had it's moments, ozymandias was a great episode.

the finale just sucked because for a show that "did the unexpected" it ended in probably the most boring safe way imaginable and left you completely unfulfilled. Was walt mowing down the nazi's supposed to be satisfying? WELL IT WASNT

Oh wow I get it now! HAHAHAHA, WELL DONE! HAVE ALL OF MY UPBOATS AND A GOLD!

He's dead and broke. Hardly on top. Walt wasn't a fan favorite. He was the main fucking character. We're getting to the crux of your problem, though. You're just angry it didn't have some moral bullshit comeuppance.

>I mean the last significant Bobby/Janice episode

Bobby is gunned down in Blue Comet and Tony is emotionally affected by it. Not at all the way he was when Chase was in his Tony Is An Evil Asshole phase.

because it was overrated. better call saul is better

Nice damage control, retard. Doesn't change the fact that you were too dumb to get a joke as simple as that. :^)

Breaking Bad is probably the best "entertainment" tier show, but it's still disappointing because the a good while I thought I was watching something that had the potential to be an actual top tier show next to the Sopranos/The Wire. That was probably my own fault though. Season 3 and 4 felt like somehting of a step down but I was always holding out hope that the ending would really knock it out of the part and elevate the show, in the way that even something like The Shield ending did. Instead the doubled down on the shittiest aspects of the show.

>he took off his classes and thought he was stabbing Walt but it was actually the mexican kid

now that's humor right there

It was a great show from beginning to end. It gets hate here because it eventually blew up and Sup Forums is repelled by anything that is popular in the mainstream. This is the same board that praises Batman V Superman and the Star Wars prequels

That said season 1 & 2 are easily the best

>lol he couldn't tell the difference between an old white guy and a young beaner because he took off his glasses
>this passes as "a joke"

yeah it was so fucking stupid it went right over my head, reached a bit too far on that one there

The rest of us didn't have a problem grasping it, my asspained compatriots.

BABY BLUE
A
B
Y

B
L
U
E

>He's dead and broke
Within the parameters of those circumstances it ended about as victoriously for him as it could have done. Certainly a more redemptive note than where he was in the previous episode. I'd say Walter White was a "fan favorite" even if he was the protagonist. He has certainly entered into pop culture "meme" status and they weren't shy about playing into that to entertain audiences. Whether that's a negative or a positive is a matter of opinion but I certainly would have preferred a depressing ending rather than a "bad ass" one.

How did Gustavo survive being blown up and then get a job as a dentist in Washington DC?

>Tony is emotionally affected by it. Not at all the way he was when Chase was in his Tony Is An Evil Asshole phase.
He wasn't a one dimensional cartoon character. Tony feeling emotion when Bobby dies hardly erases his misdeeds.

great song

Gus was dead, tooth enamel was Satan, and Washington, DC was actually hell the whole time.

Nah it's more that it's good but insanely overrated which brings up extreme reaction from the autists here. Same case with Tarantino.

>repelled by anything that is popular in the mainstream
If you had actually been here long enough to see live Walking Dead threads and the autism that manifests within them you'd know that's not true.

So you admit you don't actually have an objective opinion on it. That's fine, man. I won't begrudge you that.

The point is Walt and Tony are in the same place. Walt knows he will die. Tony knows he'll die or end up in prison. Tony wins by killing off Phil. Walt wins by killing off the nazis.

Literally the only difference is Walt visibly dies and Tony gets a cut to black. The irony being that so many people bitch that they didn't get closure there.

But apparently Walt freeing Jessie and "winning" does.

fpbp

dude, thats what maymayss do, they blatantly explain subtle humor for autists

Walter freeing Jesse was a heroic act. Having an emotional reaction to Bobby dying inspires less good will in the audience. A more comparable scenario would have been Jesse ending up dead and Walter being seen showing some level of remorse for what had happened.

If you plot out the narrative beats then the endings of the shows are similar, but Breaking Bad was clearly more of an audience pleasing version of those events than what we saw on the sopranos, and I don't believe that fans deserve to be pleased.