The Cromwell Statue outside parliment should be removed

He was a genocidal horrible man that personally murdered thousands of people and was the cause of millions of deaths. There should be no statue honouring him anywhere, especially one outside parliament! I urge all British citizens to write to their representatives asking to remove this disgusting oppressive statue that is a relic of an era we should all hope to move on from and never repeat.

It's not like he killed any poc

i know this is bait, and your reasons are all retarded, but i agree with you in the end.

Cromwell unnecessarily put to death the king and set up a new dynasty under the guise of the Commonwealth or whatever (my Civil War history needs brushing up) and let his retard son fuck it up. Also he crushed all the Royal Jewels so I didn't get to see the originals (dirty remakes post-war remakes only!) at the Tower of London when I went last summer

Monarchism is GOAT and Charles I did nothing wrong.

I did an extra curricular class in my school in Manchester and I was shocked at what he had done to the Irish in particular, it is also disgusting that they do not cover this in the standard history course. He is truly a bastard, his statue should be melted down and turned into chains to hold anyone who supports him in 2016.

Its your history. If you hate him that statue reminds you of what you must not become. What you call moving on is trying to erase the ugly parts of history, when it is the ugly parts we need to remember so they don't repeat

this guy was pretty bad desu. but im not in favour of rewriting history. shit happened, let's not pretend it didn't. every leader who is admired in history was hated in some form or another.

That is stupid logic, it is like having a statue of Hitler in a posing stance outside the Reichstag in Berlin.

You're ignoring the real issue. He was a disgusting republican, his statue should be removed for that fact alone.

>it is like having a statue of Hitler in a posing stance outside the Reichstag in Berlin.

Why shouldn't there be?

There are plenty of artistic depictions of Satan himself. Hitler cannot possibly be worse than Satan.

And please do not try to convince me with any special pleading about statues as opposed to other artistic works.

>In addition, some fifty thousand Irish people, including prisoners of war, were sold as indentured labourers under the English Commonwealth regime. They were often sent to the English colonies in North America and the Caribbean where they subsequently comprised a substantial portion of certain Caribbean colony populations in the late 17th century.

GET REKT PADDY

Millions?

You said you want no statues of him though, moving them is a question you can debate but not getting rid of all of them. Your Hitler comparison is not even valid and you would be stupid to ask why

butthurt Catholic detected

Yes, he literally tried to wipe out the entire Irish population in the North, East and South of Ireland.

>removing a statue so people forget history
It's like you want history to repeat itself more than it already does

>Your Hitler comparison is not even valid and you would be stupid to ask why

Huh? The comparison is very apt. Both are leaders despised by modern day inhabitants of their respective nations.

Isn't Cromwell the guy who let all the jews back into england?

Fortunately, because he created the new model army, and when he died a King was put back on the throne anyway, in the long term he helped Britain as he effectively set up the British army that would eventually conquer 1/3 of the world (then get cucked in the 20th century)

Paddy detected

Your premise is not even true, Cromwell was considered one of the top ten Brits of all time as recently as 2002. Your conclusion that popularity justifies comparisons to Hitler is also incredibly stupid. Either way you are wrong

Remove Cromwell and restore the Stuarts

Yeah because he needed money kek

So what did he do?

All I know is he's bad and killed Irish

He killed a lot of White Niggers

Can't be arse to google it but is there still a Stuart alive that has issue for the British throne?

Cromwell's real crime was letting the Jews back into Britain.

All I know is my greatest grandest pappy got pressed into involuntary servitude to lord Richard Hall thanks to losing a battle to this fuck

While this is bait people do believe this.

>What a curious vanity it is of the present to expect the past to suck up to it

Cromwell is a Republican/Dictator in the English Civil war. After the war the royalists retreated to Ireland. Cromwell invaded Ireland because it sided with the King of England and would have raised an army to invade England if he didn't attack first. He killed a bunch of royalists while there in a series of sieges. His artillery gave him a big advantage as Irish castles / town walls were not up to date to deal with big guns. The war took a big toll on all of Ireland. He got BTFO at Clonmel then went home to England before shit went wrong there without him. He let his son in law finish the war but he died at the seige of Limerick.

This. This right fucking here. The Jews funded his war for this explicit reason. How do you think he funded his new model army?