Be honest: what is the worst job you have ever had?

Be honest: what is the worst job you have ever had?

Army.

Foot job.

gotten a few bad handies over the years too

food warehouse order packer (wet/ frozen /ice cream)

Burger King.

ding fries are done

Mos?

rice krispy factory. no ac, no windows

flipping burgers. i think there was something wrong with the ventilation in that place as the vapors coming off the grill caused me to vomit a bright green fluid a number of times. Being the stupid teenager I was, I did not quit the job because of it. Or not right away anyway.

>fryer buzzer beeping
>fryer buzzer still beeping
>SOMEBODY TURN OFF THE FUCKING BUZZER
>buzzer continues

Good footjobs are amazing.

I once had a 6 month job as a codemonkey for Accenture.
Never.Again
That place fucking sucks, I would rather have flipped burgers at mcDonalds.

Food stand at the US Open (Tennis)

Basically 14-16 hour days for 2 straight weeks, on my feet 90% of the time in hot humid weather. When I went home and slept I had nightmares about endless lines and angry people.

Made a nice chunk of change and skimmed about $2000 from the register, but I cannot do food service ever again

i used to intern for this corp along with a dozen other students. me and a couple others had this one job where we had to basically throw away dead test subjects and spray down the stuff to be ready to be shipped back for sanitation/cleaning. but one day i was just overly curious about things, and so i snuck in a lab and started snooping around. i eventually got bit by a spider and now i'm the human spider.

It's not the work that was awful. It's the workers, who were mistreated, including me. Jackass managers, and lots of drama inside between coworkers.

My friend stayed and just got promoted to manager. To describe him: he's competent in that field, but has the ego of a thousand Earth. He was ordering everyone around on the same basic rank, that's what the old management liked apparently, while I was the humble one who could be ordered around all the time. I got fed up with that system and refused to work in the kitchen - shortly they cut my pay in half and I left.

nice

Lowes, full of a bunch of brain dead minorities

Which country and what made it so bad? Thought of applying in The Netherlands, would like to know why it's shit. You know, other than all the people in their building look like spineless maggots who are so proud of their leasecar and 13th month that they're willing to join in some ratrace of who comes in earliest and leaves the latest.

I've had some misgivings about it...

Hotel security
overnight
no backup
no weapon of any kind allowed
have to tell groups of drunk people, easily could be 50 people, to get out of the pool, not smoke in an area, not bring alcohol in the parking lot etc.
no downtime because you had to electronically register at checkpoints all night
didn't pay enough so had to work second job

I work for Lidl. Has been my first and only job but is still garbage.
>50 hours a week mostly stacking shelves
>understaffed like fuck

Working for a large chain of liquor stores. Man fuck that shit so fucking hard. Absolute trash customers, so many fucking pallets to put away, jack shit for pay and no benefits, shit hours and the only thing that got me through legit almos two years of it was the fact that there was a recession and I was making full time hours with a decent employee discount.

>no downtime because you had to electronically register at checkpoints all night

I've worked security before and that point right there would be a deal breaker. The whole appeal of security work is long periods of down time that are accepted so long as you are alert and ready to go whenever called or needed.

Thankfully my security gig was in an office building and there wasn't much contact with people. Most of my job was clerical and some surface level maintenance inspection stuff along the lines of 'is it broke? looks broke. better call maintenance', call, write in ledger that I called and when and why, carry on reading book.

stamping airline vouchers.

Every fuckin voucher has a number manually stamped, or at least in eastern europe.
I stamped mostly polish airlines vouchers, so on theirs vouchers they have 3 stamps on every.
vouchers come in blocks of 100 and they pay 1 pln(about 0,27 usd) for block, so it's 300 hits per block.
the worst is that the stamp was a number of voucher so you can't even steal few, without airlines noticing.
when i started i was able to stamp about 50 blocks per day, at the and i stamp 19-21 per hour.
the best was I didn't worked legally so i can stamp this vouchers even 15 hours a day, sometimes 5, sometimes even whole day, the more i did the more i get payd.

Thats whathappens when the factory's up a tree nigger. We dont all get to work w/ elves dont complain

>deal breaker
That's what security is now. Watch them wherever, the mall, hotels, all they do is go from point to point and scan in. Fixed route, always moving. If you stop for any reason and miss the checkpoint you get paged and possibly written up/fired even if you were late because you were doing your job.

Worked for an ice cream / frozen foods factory. I worked in the storage and on loading docks for trucks.

Job was shitty for two reasons, first are the huge temperature changes. Temperature inside the storage is -40 F / -40 C, on loading docks it's between 59 F and 68 F (15-20 C) and outside it was 104 F (40 C). Had to move between all 3 areas. It was not fun.

Secondly, it sucked because I got to see how people treat frozen food. Packages being kicked around, sitting on loading dock for too long so fish started to thaw and smell and then just being chucked back into the freeze for a while before being loaded onto trucks etc.

Walmart managers are robots and terrible excuses for human beings same with my supervisor no one especially the now ex other supervisor coulsnt stand him

kys fag

Construction, shotcrete.

>10-12 hour shifts of shoveling
>no lunch or breaks
>covered in cement

But at the time 160 a day looked great.

Working in a factory assembly line in a shitty outdated plant doing the most tedious bitchwork for what felt like eternity. Minimal breaks, no sitting, no moving, insanely hot, weird shift hours. Put thing in machine, pull lever, put thing in box, next thing.

Chilis dishwasher

Mail carrier in houston...in the summer. Fuck it was hot.

my current one
I work with retards, in like a 24hour home, their families just leave them there, it's actually pretty sad
some of them are really serious autism, some are Down's, I'm pretty sure some even have legitimate brain damage
all they do is scream at each other, fucking constantly
it's all really dumb shit, like their obsessions and random stuff like that
occasionally one of them says something pretty funny, and it makes me laugh, but it's rare
it gets really overwhelming sometimes, but I've got a strategy to deal with it
I close Sup Forums, shut my computer and go outside

Just got done with my route.

Easily the worst job I've ever had.

They gave me the worst route in the station, one regulars didnt want because i was new and eager.

All walking, door to door for massive houses which mwans long walks and then 3/4th of my route was like 1960s apartments with boxes that only open at an angel.

When i trained i worked on a business route with this lady who had 36 years. That was cake, ac, mail room, cluster boxes. It wouls take me decades to get a sweet route.

I teach now, it still sucks but i havent worked since may 26th.

Bank teller. Doesn't sound bad but it's basically high pressure sales. You gotta act saccharine sweet while drunks and losers yell at you all day and take advantage of immigrants and the uneducated underclass to make your sales goal. Made me feel dead inside, even after getting out I feel like that job took a piece of my soul. And it only gets worse as you move up the ladder.

Anal gimp for a German businessman.

Roofer

I started in Massachusetts on an overburdened route, all walking, in shit neighborhoods with domestic assaults once a week, ODs and aggressive pit bulls, you name it. Moved back to CO, it's nicer, but still bullshit. The pay sucks, no days off, and they just try to give you just enough hope to stick around.

i worked at pet smart for a bit doing stock in the mornings. it was usually only a 3 or 4 hour shift and it started at 6am so i have to be up at 5. totally not worth getting up that early. some days when i didn't have a car i'd have to take a cab and after paying for a ride to/from work i'd make like $10 profit from my 3 hour morning.

best job i've had though was front desk at a hertz in an airport. i live in a real small touristy town, so in the winter there was only like 2 flights a day and hardly anyone would need to rent a car. i was also at the end of a line of 3 other rental companies at our booth thing so even if someone did need to rent a car they'd pick those ones first. i was allowed to take my laptop in and read books and shit it was great. had to wash cars but that was also pretty relaxing cause there wasn't a huge time rush. got to ride a few nice mercedes and stuff too.

I used to suck dick for 12 pennies and fun sized M&ms. Kept me fed, and paid the bills, but it was a lot of dicks.

Greentext?

Accenture and other number cruncher multinationals of their kind, such as Atos or Globant or whatever it is that you've got in the Netherlands, pay shit. They really do pay shit. For a senior position, they pay a junior's salary. It ain't half bad for starting, because they'll train you and pay somewhat decently, but once you've got some more exp, you'll flee like a rat if you got some common sense.
But that is not the problem.
The problem is that they want to shape you to their convenience and make you a little bitch slave that'll never raise their head and say "I can do better". They suck your marrow out and leave you just like you said, spineless and small, petty, insignificant. They want you to be the same as they are, and that's when problems begun for me. I decided to quit and went off to a smaller company, and found a much better work environment.

As your first question, Argentina. We don't get paid well, for international scales (We're barely more expensive than indians for that matter).
Netherlands sounds like an amazing place to work IT. But I would suggest that if you have any experience whatsoever, avoid megacorps and stick to successful startups and companies that can actually help you grow your way, instead of theirs.

McDonald's cook, only 2 decent managers and they're not around till late or the weekend so the weekday is stuck with a guy who doesn't even wanna be there and some fuck who seems to get on your ass when things are way out of anyone's control but needs to verbally crucify a person anyway.

Also, to add let's play a game, guess the ethnicity of the co-worker who's barely around and when they are manages to fuck up orders or be a thorn in the ass to deal with?

is there a reason why every time i order a burger from fast food the pickles are always stacked on top of eachother? none of the ingredients are ever layed out evenly it seems.

No, i will shut up then, mine wasnt that bad. Worst i had was a fat Labrador charging me and stopping for no reason.

The year before i started the pay was 25hr...then dropped to 15hr when i signed up.

Thats alot down here in Texas.