Pc help

pc help

first time building a pc and the cpu Cooler uses screws to stay in but the motherboard doesn't have the thing to screw it in just holes, it fits but won't screw in help!

with what?

Hello, mechanical engineer here.
Looks like none of the lights are beeping. You should probably check that out

it screws into the backplate. you have the backplate right? its a part of the cooler mounting

in the picture it shows the issue, no thing to screw the heatsink in just push it in but it won't stay and I don't want to pally to much force

There's a backplate you mong.

the screws go through the hole in the motherboard and screw into the mounting bracket that you put on the back of the motherboard. This is the only answer applicable to your situation so if you can't figure this out now you are hopeless.

I always thought those just snapped in

The "things" to screw them in should come with your motherboard. Check it's box.

Did you try turning it on and off again.

Look for something like that.

look it up on youtube

I found the backplate so my final question is will the cpu be ok if I was a little messy with the paste

Why post this on b go to the tech forum!

how messy? If its spilling out then you can cause dmg to the motherboard. You really don't need alot. Imagine a small grain of rice, thats the amount of thermal paste you want on. When you put the heatsink on, it will spread the paste.

just a tiny bit on the side of the metal tip of the cpu

If it's a newer board/cpus don't worry about making a mess too much

ok well I'm off to finish building! :)

I'd reapply it. Sounds like you didn't do a good job the first time.

Just take a coffee filter or a microfiber cloth and wipe the heatsink and the cpu and redo it. Don't use anything else as those may contain a static charge.

Or rubbing alcohol and a qtip.

>static damage
>2017
anal paranoia