Alright U.S. Army soldiers get in here and discuss the Army/Military as a whole

Alright U.S. Army soldiers get in here and discuss the Army/Military as a whole.

I got to basic in two weeks so I wanna try and get as much advice as I can from others.

Also if you're curious about joining feel free to ask questions ITT

just do what your superiors tell you and dont talk back. even if they tell you to dumb shit. in fact especially if they tell you to do dumb stupid shit get that down and youll be fine.

You're making the biggest mistake of your life by joining.

This is 2017. You can talk back and THEY will be the ones ending in up trouble. The military has become soft ever since the country started moving towards factors like legalizing gay marriage, etc.

dont tell him that, if hes shipping out in 2 weeks its already too late to back out.

Shoot the bad guys.

>implying a stranger on the internet could stop me

Anything is better than working minimum wage while living with my parents and not going to school, I can atleast try to see the world for a little bit

civilian detected, its not what it used to be for sure but its still a LONG way from what you're implying.

you can't dress like a chick anymore...you'll get thrown out

Ex Soldier Draftee
Keep mouth shut, ears open , most of all hsve s thick skin especially first 4 weeks theynare the toughest

Fucking right

No it's not too late.. One is LEGALLY able to back out, as long as it's before he ships out. I personally did this myself due to certain events at that time. And was still able to enlist at a later date. (Which I fucking regret)

there hasn't been a draft since nam....you must be a god damn....oh....wait

Sounds like this retard needs paperwork

>Anything is better than working minimum wage
Dude the stupid shit you're gonna be doing will prove you otherwise.

>See the world for a little bit
The only places you're going to be seeing are the shittiest locations in the US. (Save for Ft. Carson and Wainwright which are stunningly beautiful.) If you're lucky enough to go to Europe, you'll see sights worth seeing.

You're the obvious civilian if you actually support what the U.S. military is, you have no clue what it has become.

Nam? You refer to Viet Nam as Nam.-That word is reserved only for those that were there To you it is Viet Nam

cant speak for army bases but if theyre anything like marine bases theyre either amazingly beautiful or some of the worst places there are. there is no in between

When you get to your duty station, don't be a dumbass. Use common sense, every fucking private i've gotten over the last few months is either dumb, or back talks. Just do what you're told, be at the right place on time, and be in the correct uniform.

Do you not realize how much the salary is of an enlistee is? Enjoy your 600$ every two weeks for the first year of your service. Then up to 700$ at PFC. Then closer to the 1000$ as Spc!

I only make $350 every two weeks right now, so I don't see how it hurts me

>Joining the military of the US and A

Oh boy. The jew shocktroopers for middle eastern foreign policy. Nice.

Have fun serving the Noses instead of actually serving your country and people

you will.

Dam PFC gets 700 every two weeks. Lol I am fucking old . Sgt E-5 200 per month plus 50 month combat pay. Inwas born too soon lol . Good for you guys you deserve every dime. FTA

awesome
>this thread has been enlightening
kek no

Such dissappointment

Off to serve the global elite too?
Only jews really profit from your foreign meddling in the middle east.

Doubling your current pay which is due to the fact that you're just a lazy fuck at the moment, isn't worth all the bullshit the military will put you through unless you choose a useless MoS like a fucking frycook, hell I even met people that went on suicide watch because of their work conditions as a cook. Lmao. Hope your CoC isn't full of dickbags buddy.

I'm going in as a mechanic because I know where I live that job is in demand and they love military folk here

Also I'm not working minimum wage due to laziness but for the fact where I live everything requires higher education and I quickly learned college isn't a strong suit of mine, but I'll have to go back and try it again for sure

come back after ait and tell me im wrong

go to /meg/

Lol. Cost of living comes into factor here. Especially depending on where your station ends up at, you could be fucked from it. For example, try living in Hawaii off all the imported goods, on 600$ every two weeks in today's time.

I hear you was at Schofield in 66 with 25 ID waiting to to ship out . Beer was 3 bucks a bottle back then, I can only imagine now.lol

dude college was a fucking breeze compared to military if you couldn't handle good fucking luck.

dude, i regret signing up. boot would have been fine except some redneck from Kentucky decided i was his boyfriend. every time i fall asleep, he sticks his dick in my mouth.

>be trans
>but closet pretending not to be
>go to military and do man stuff
>have coming out
>guess trump will pay for it
tough luck, trump cuck

Been in for 5 years, whatever you do. If you think youre the baddest mf around and you think youre hot shit youre fuckin wrong. Youre going to be a fuckin boot for a while. Also, if you become one of those fucking retards called "disgruntled vets" who think their opinion on politics means more then everyone else civilians included and you call everyone a fucking snowflake and a cuck for not following your point of veiw on facebook then youre a huge dildo and the reason people hate veterans. Also, dont feel so fucking entitled for everything just because you serve. My mother works harder then most of these faggots i work with and im in a grunt unit. No one has to thank you for shit. You chose that lifestyle so suck it the fuck up. No one owes you anything.
Dont be a shitbag and youll be fine.

Anyone that chooses the military as their ONLY option is a lazy fuck. I've been through this shit myself. Also, don't expect too much of site seeing as a mechanic bud, not like you actually want to witness the military for what it truly fucking stands for.

COP Margah
Paktika Providence, 2010

Don't get a contract marriage and don't buy a car from any dealership within the first 20 miles of any base you go to.

Just put on a dress and get out under tranny privilege.

Also, OP:
Make sure once you get out of barracks, you begin collecting BAH and BAS. They're tax-free. Just don't marry the first girl to give you attention just to move out and end up with a 400+ pound dependa

I'm thinking about joining the Coast Guard. Anyone have any stories of the Coast Guard? They seem to be the chillest branch of military with the most amount of adventures/fun. What are the chances of me having a bad time in the Coast Guard compared to other branches?

Oh I know this, my dad warned me and just about every vet who comes in to where I work said the same thing.

The only difference between the vets I see on a regular basis versus you guys is that all of you hate the military and the vets I see enjoyed their time
I know it sounds like I'm using the military as a last resort but I really am not, and if my first enlistment goes well (which all of you have clearly stated it will not) I'll just make a career of it and attempt my hand at Airborne Infantry and if I fail that then 11b it is

Try to become a ME. You get to do raids and board vessels. Pretty fun shit.

>I got to basic in two weeks so I wanna try and get as much advice as I can from others.

Get out of your contract and join the Air Force instead. The moment you get sent to one of their bases and get to eat at the DFAC you will never feel so much regret in your entire life.

Possibility of Coast Guard enlistments was slim to none at the time I signed up. I'd fucking go for it if available, then go civilian contract six-figures/year easily after your term is up. Contractors fucking love the Coast Guard bud.

But...but..if I went Air Force what would I do with all my Army stuff they gave me at MEPS huh?

What skills should I go for in the coast guard in order to make six figures?

>I'll just make a career of it and attempt my hand at Airborne Infantry and if I fail that then 11b it is
You're doing things way out of order. What you should have done is ask your recruiter for option 40 on your contract. Lateral transfers into infantry are going to be nearly impossible since there's a huge oversupply there. Good luck to you in any case.
>air force

kek his side reflection is even disgusted by him

If you take any advice I've tried giving you, listen to this. Do NOT go 11x while our country is 'technically" at peacetime. You will spend your days picking up others trash on post or cigarette butts. Also the Airborne is full of cocky wanna be SF faggots. Go for air-assault if anything.

>Also the Airborne is full of cocky wanna be SF faggots
that's because the rejects who fail to pass rasp end up in 82nd

Yes, this is why I mentioned going Air-Assault over Airborne.

>Army

kek

Here is a the best piece of arvise I can give you. You will meet vets and current GI's who will say they were in combat, and brgin to tell you their war tales. Remember this The more Combat seen the less it is talked about. Nothing glamorous about it

Pretty much any skill assets that the Coast Guard will offer you is very possible at landing you six-figure contracts. ESPECIALLY anything to do with Aviation.

>air force

Why are you joining!

Simple answer is in there

>no nametape
>28 years old and wearing uniform from over 30 years ago.

Not actually AF dipshit.

And again

>Army

>air force

>Army

>air force

>Army

>air force

>Army

>air force

>Army

>air force

>Army

Or maybe he lacks the discipline currently associated to attend college because it takes a lot of fucking patience to not throats punch every single sack of shit on campus

>Army

>air force

>based robert bales

>Army

>based jeremy morlock

>air force

>draftee

Nigga..... why you lyin?

Don't forget benefits and free housing. Also all the slam piggies you can fuck. Military bases are surrounded by gold digging whores that do anything you want on the off chance that you'll get stuck as their baby daddy and have to support them. Never cum in a slut. On another note, always volunteer if they ask for volunteers. If it was a shitty detail they'd make every one that didn't volunteer do it. If it was a cool detail like opfor for drill seargent school at Redstone arsenal you'd get picked.

lol we had some of those guys with us in jordan, one motherfucker had his acog on backwards

>Army

>cuck snowflake detected

>air force
what do you expect from a branch with literally no traditions?

No lie big man Service Number U 51xxxxxx Im not that stupid the servce number indicates lthis 5 region of country the 1 the command authority, the remaining I might as well print my name lol

>what do you expect from a branch with literally no traditions?
> branch with literally no traditions?
>traditions

The fact that you put any value in that just screams motard.

Also

>Army

Dont fucking do it. My unit is full of retards

>air force

>Army

well honestly I didn't expect much at all, it was just funny to watch them thump their chest becuse they got to check id's at a fucking gatehouse only for my squad leader to point out that his acog was on backwards and call him a dumbass, he probably cried on skype to his girlfriend that night

wow fucking awesome trigger discipline there

that's actually kind of funny, what's wrong with that?

10,000 today soldiers vs. 10,000 wwII soldiers

who wins?

>Army

upon seeing something like that, an air"man" would go to the EOC and file a complaint. no espirit de corps. no tradition. no honor. the basis for promotion in the air force is fucking holiday parties.
>air force

>Refer /k
Fuck you leave random this ain't your board to bring that shit up at, we're always at war here, we don't need you dumb asses filling up Sup Forums

This

Just use the army and don't let it use you, all these pussies on here dont realize is that most soldiers don't give a fuck and believe it or not people want to deploy to shit holes to see combat and that's just what they want instead of sitting in their mom's basement

>moto moto moto moto moto moto

I bet you're awesome at your job and no one hates you.

And again:
>Army