Be me

>be me
>mid 30's, financially independent from mildly stressful job
>single, no kids, no social life
>every day, come home from work to empty house
>chill with my 3 cats
>too depressed to cook, just want to drink every day
>wait for sleep to take me, so I can go to work the next day, so I don't have to think about wanting to drink to fill the void
>weekend arrives, chill with my 3 cats
>pray for death

Go out there and get a social life op.

If you're working, you're not financially independent. You're dependent on your job. Stop fucking complaining, loser.

Start taking lives. You'd be surprised how easy it is and how fulfilling it is. Drowning is a good one, though fires, if done right, can go unnoticed as well. it reminds you every few weeks that there is nothing to fear. No memory, no God, No Hell, No fear.

I was in a similar situation as yours. You gotta get out of the house and get some friends. You're drinking because you have nowhere else to be. Where do you live?

feel u fren

dude. wimmins in their 30's are fucking easy as hell. They all know their biological clocks are ticking away fast and most will let damn near anything with a dick fuck them in the hopes they can get a ring put on it.

If you want a family find a young 30 something woman. and shoot a kid inside her.

This is good advice. Tinder is your friend. If you're "financially independent" then you can go on dates and take them to decent places. The three cats might be a problem though.

Are you me? Only alive because I owe my parents to see them off and my cats.

Find a really good MMO to play, OP. That way, you only think you're not wasting your life.

Ahhh dont worry bright skies after rain, if u like cute traps ill be ur 4rd pet;)

Wait hold on, I'm in earlier 40s and have 4 cats, let's reconsider that offer to roll my way.

didn't realize more pussy was a problem

Post ur kik:)

First op. It's sounds like you may have a drinking problem. Maby not, but it sounds like it. Maby check out AA might help you quit drinking and AA women are easy and you might make some friends. Anons advice about 30y/o+ women's clock ticking and them settling down is true. I'm in my mid 20s and have had women 26 and up trying to trap me. I'm not sure what your problem is though. Like I said your probably an alcoholic, but I'm not sure if you hate yourself, are totally socially awkward, or are just depressed about everything. Be more specific

eh, unless you have a social life or have various active somewhat popular hobbies it is likely you'll come off as a creep/psycho/crazy person to chicks, i would develop some of those first. although, there a lot of chicks that will take a free dinner/lunch/breakfast/movie, so if you want to develop yourself with the ladies to see what works and what doesnt you could always try that, fair warning mostly all chicks talk to one another on dating sites and so if you really fuck up with a one or a few except to be blacklisted. if you want my advice, seek something within yourself...a fairly large portion humanity is only looking out for numbero uno and feels they shouldnt have to, 'settle' for anything other than a deluded picture of what happily ever after should be completely, so by finding something with in yourself even if you're still incapable of meeting someone to hold a lasting relationship at least you'll have something to keep your mind preoccupied. (i have a weird feeling single people up into their 40's,50's and 60's will become a thing, yet not sure what the fuck that means exactly)

Get rid of those stupid fucking cats and get a dog. Need a best friend - dog. Want a life companion thats always on your team - dog. Want a friend that never judges you no matter how gross and fat and smelly you are - dog. Want to cuddle - dog. Want to play - dog. Want to drive around and eat - dog. Want to go camping - dog. Want a friend that is literally always happy to see you - dog. Want a burglar alarm and private security - dog. You want a buddy to chill while you take a shit? Dogs are cheap to support and if trained correctly are quiet. They are the perfect replacement / substitute for a women. Only down side is no sex but thats also an upside if you have imagination. Jacking off is fast if you want it to be and you can openly do it to whomever you want.

Hey op I'm in the same boat bro

Here's some things I do

Hobbies: brewing beer and Mead and wine. I know it sounds bad as a everyday drinker but it gives me something to look forward.

Church: yeah find a cool non denominational. Volunteer if you can they always need help. You will meet people who will change your view on what life can be. Not by believing in God but just the amazing lives they lead. My pastor was in prison for manslaughter. Now he has two amazing kids, a beautiful wife and it's just simply amazing.

Gym: I need to start going again. I literally cured depression just by going regularily but injured my back.

Anyway op it takes work but there's a lot more than this you can do. As much as it sucks try doing things even if you have to do them by yourself. Get outside and get some sun just go for a walk a couple times a week to start.

That's why you get a dog.

No, no, no.... clearly OP needs another cat. The other three cats he owns all helped for a little while. Everytime he gets depressed he should buy another cat. Cats only live 10-20 years, it's not like he will drown in them. If he buys a new cat every few months then he will never be depressed again. And when he dies, his herd of cats will eat him. Good for the environment.

Haha this is true. But sex is sex and human connection is human connection. I've been to jail a few time and have just gone on dry spells before and what you crave isn't even the sex, it's the cuddling feeling someone next to you. I know it sounds gay but it's true. Sex, as good as it is is overrated. You'll fiend for it then get some, most likely meaningless sex, and be disappointed. But to deny yourself human affection is to deny yourself possibly the meaning of life.

My cat is more affectionate and playful than any of the dogs I had growing up, and I was very close with them. He's also always happy to see me. Did you learn what you know about animals from cartoons?

Hey op! im in my early 30s. alcoholic and depressed out of my mind, even tho im going to be a father. have a good job and my girlfriend loves me. and she sticks by me. I still feel like you. No matter what you do, life will always suck, and one day you will die. Enjoy the ride, ayyye

I learned it from my miserable introverted friends literally all of them have 1 thing in common. Cats.

I feel you, OP.

There is no joy anymore.

I'm in the same place as you, except on the plus side, I have a wonderful wife whom I love. On the other, I have no career, and a sudden tax-related disaster has destroyed my financial independence.

The only things that bring me peace now are booze and sleep.

Try to get into gaming or if you're a faggot into anime

Stop drinking, start smoking weed.

I havnt had sex since my divorce 10 years ago and i dont miss it one bit. It comes with too much bullshit. Before that i bet i never went more than a week since i was 14.

normally I just lurk but I figured I would chime in here I'm 35 and I've been bouncing from job to job every year of my life since out of high school I've probably had 30 jobs or more I average two or three jobs a year I finally found a place where I'm at that is really hard to get into but is worth keeping and has like a pension and bunch of really awesome perks that no other jobs around where I'm at have so I'm going to reallytry hard do my best this time but part of me is scared I'm going to f****** its third shift which is scary but I've had that before and I'll make it but it's really good money so I'm starting over right now man fresh for the new chance at a great job and I got to make the best of it so I feel for a man hang in there

This

My advice would be try and think what you would do if Sup Forums didn't exist to come and talk to - people have been in your position well before it existed and they will have similarly looked for an outlet to voice their distress. Sup Forums is so easy to do it in and is far less rewarding than alternatives. We're all here for you, you have a community backing you, but don't use us as an easy go to. There is no cure for depression as good as talking to someone face to face about it.

Plus exercise, go for a long run and you will feel the best you have in years.

Failing that I recommend you do some coke - at least you'll feel fucking great for a few hours, maybe even figure a few things out about yourself, and after the comedown (which will be horrific if you're depressed so stay strong) act on what you've thought about. Maybe set your future self up with some dates while you're high. I've done that before and while you're initially pissed off with yourself you get so much more out of life doing the shit you decided to do when high.

Good luck bro. All things pass, good and bad. You will be ok.

Fuck I spent ages writing that post and no one replied. Now I feel like shit.

Replied

Thank you :)