Is this Sup Forums's holy quad?

Is this Sup Forums's holy quad?

Boardwalk Empire doesn't deserve to be up there. Sopranos, Wire and Mad Men can just be the holy trinity

No Boardwalk or Mad Men. Add Six Feet Under and The Shield by virtue of their endings.

Remove Boardwalk Empire

Boardwalk is trash.

fuck boardwalk. The other three are as good as it gets in terms of TV.

How's season 5 of Boardwalk? Everything with Margaret in season 3 bored me and so did most of season 4

twink peaks

Boardwalk Empire is the only good show out of
the wire- le shieeet
the sopranos- le italiano
and mad men- le manly man

plebs

It's shit.

That list makes me triggered.

>no deadwood

DELETE THIS

>no BrBa

I feel disappointed

Breaking Bad, Sopranos, and The Wire are the three most overrated shows in the history of television.

Season 5 is better than Season 4. It's good, and as a dear fan of the show I was in shock for the final scene.

boardwalk is good but not the same level

seinfeld

Explain how The Wire is overrated.

remove Mad Men and add Six Feet Under and it's correct

Kek, it's easily the best show on there

second best imo, but then again four is by far my favourite
it's a good ending to the show and defiantly worth watching

Replace Boardwalk Empire with Vinyl and it's perfect.

>CTRL+F Rome
>0 results

Fucking redditors.

Sopranos
Twin Peaks
The Wire
Deadwood

I think Boardwalk Empire is the ultimate pleb test. It relies a lot on amazing directing and since plebs don't notice the directing and just follow the story they don't like it and think it's boring.

>no fargo

Deadwood needs ti be included

Season 2 means it never rises above guilty pleasure tier.

Vincent Piazza made this fucking thing.

Replace The Sopranos with Stranger Things and Mad Men with Breaking Bad

dumb frogposter

Oz instead of Man Men, then we can talk. Man Men is a show about nothing and no one

It's pure Kino

Can someone explain Mad Men to me?

I don't really mind spoilers that much. I've seen 2 seasons but I'm unsure if to keep with it. What exactly is the shows "end goal" or point or whatever. The Wire was about a city, and the circle of life as shitty as it may be; what's Mad Men's story?

Drop Boardwalk Empire, make it a trio.

I would rather Mad Men than the wire, but otherwise I agree with you.

Even though that is objectively incorrect

I'm seeing a severe lack of Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Fargo, and True Detective. Are you kidding me?

I'm legit triggered.

>what's Mad Men's story
The games of emotions we play with each other. It's drama user.

>GOT

Is it still summer?

I've heard like a million contradicting shits about a deadwood movie/miniseries/continuation/whatever

anybody else remember hearing about this?

I feel like the 1st three seasons of Madmen can be up there but fuck is I give a shit about the last couple seasons.

>Twin Peaks
>The Shield
>Deadwood

Sopranos, Wire. Six Feet Under

THAT is the holy trinity or TV

>meme programs

fucking reddit.

>Boardwalk Empire

Not after season 3.

>no Carnival

Shameful display, OP

Why do people ever mention Twin Peaks in the 'best of' threads. Is this a meme? An intriguing (albeit pretentious) first season followed by a disastrous second season where the main mystery is wrapped up halfway in and all dramatic tension/coherence is lost. Even the mysertious Bob angle came to absolutely nothing. Are you really that hopelessly dense?

This guy gets it
The Holy Trinity is

The Wire
The Sopranos
Six Feet Under

The 12 Disciples are:

Deadwood
Twin Peaks
Mad Men
Breaking Bad
The Shield
The West Wing
Fargo
Battlestar Galactica
Rome
Band of Brothers
Arrested Development
The Simpsons (Golden Age)

When does Mad Men get good?

Not bad.

> Kek, it's easily the best show on there

Edgy bro.

I don't understand why so many people flock to best ever threads and bleat out obscure, but worthy, failures like "Carnivale" like it's even remotely good enough to knock the Sopranos off the throne.

It isn't.

The Sopranos, the Wire, and SFU maintained consistently excellent quality over 60+ hours programming. The story, characters and themes are on a par with the finest examples of literature, theater and film, regardless of whatever rubric you chose to measure them by - psychological realism, social relevance, the capacity to provoke thought and feeling - however which way you look at the Holy Trinity, they measure up. They're timeless.

Carnivale is a great show with limited potential giving the esoteric subject matter. It never aimed for, nor could have achieved, the heights of these other shows, because its capacity to speak to and about humanity was compromised by its concept.

Rome
Oz
Twin Peaks
MASH

These are the Holy Quadricep
All others need not apply

www.Sup Forums.org/tv/

Replace Battlestar Galactica with Friday Night Lights and you've got yourself a deal.

Creator of Deadwood is working on a script. That's all.

Okay chad.

How about Miniseries. Can we agree on these as the Holy 10?

Band of Brothers
The Night Of
Generation Kill
John Adam's
The Pacific
The Kennedy's
I, Claudius
The Tunnel
War & Peace
Show Me A Hero

>no flesh and bone

Nope.

What seasons do you define as the "Golden age" of simpsons?

If Fargo's on there then The Knick has to be as well.

mad men should absolutely be in the top 3 over the wire.

>The Night Of

Everyone's forgotten about that already dude catch up

It was a great show that never got a chance because the network was full retarded sponsoring shit like Big Love and Lucky Louie.

Guarantee Carnival would've been HBO's best show if they let it finish.

S1Ep1

Mad men and boardwalk empire don't belong there

If you don't get it early on don't bother sticking with it

>muh the fuck did i do
>muh omar
>muh """"realistic"""" gritty cop drama

if i ever meet you in real life, i'm going to poke you in the eye with a sharpened pencil

typically it's 2 - 9
purists go either 1 - 7 or 2 - 7

Why is everyone hating on Boardwalk?

Chances are you'd miss at hit your mum when you catch me fucking her m8

Mad Men is like one long fashion advert with absolutely no substance. Avoid at all costs.

Because it's shit and no one likes it.

1 - 10 is the accepted standard but 11 has its defenders too. The first season was a bit too broad for my tastes but the rest is gold.

Ive always thought 2-8
And even season 8 has its clunkers

i'm a 2 - 10 guy too
i thought it was up to 9, but I was wrong. 10 is pretty solid.

Compared to other comparable period gangster shows like Peaky Blinders it is dull as dishwater.

Season 10-14 gets really off the cuff and "randumb" in its writing.
I actually really like a lot of the episodes, the jokes are still good even with the bad and crazy premises.

The jokes and overall writing really falls apart after that though.

I'll agree with you, but I think 12 is where the ratio of eye rolling to sensible chuckling inverts itself.

Bored walk and sad men are gay af

because they can't come up with a "le meme" for it, it's just that good, but we're all contrarians here

>Sopranos
Soap Opera shit for women.

What a shit opinion

You are clever and should post more

Replace arrested developmente with true detective

It's too early in True Detective's life to gauge whether it deserves it. It can't get a place on the back of one great season and one ok season.

Why do you think Mad Men is better than the Wire?

I really can't be bothered to go into every single detail, but if we were assuming that they were both on equal footing (they're not) and managed to convey the same amount of meaning without explicitly stating it (they don't) and ran for the same amount of time (they didn't) Mad Men didn't shit the bed for an entire season.

I think it shit the bed for about 4, in fact.

TD season 1 should just stand alone as its own thing. There're no connecting arcs or characters between the two seasons.

Like it or not, GOT deserves to be in the all-time debate

True Detective's 2nd season rules it out of contention.

If we could ignore seasons then Dexter would certainly be up there.

Mad Men is absolute wet garbage

How about not.

There are no characters shared between seasons. No story continuation. That's totally different from an actual series like Dexter.

S1-S4?
Maybe.
Since DnD have overtaken GRRM it's dick and fart jokes and killing off some random character.

The deaths have no feeling towards them because they're just genociding the cast seeing as they only have on season left and want to do Dragons vs Walkers hurr.

OBEY RAY

Still the same show nigger

The Sopranos
Deadwood
The Wire
Mad Men
---
gap
---
Justified
Boardwalk Empire
The Shield
Rome
Breaking Bad
Six Feet Under
Twin Peaks
Oz
Band of Brothers (amazing but only one season and only 10 episodes at that)

---
every other drama ever made
---
Dexter
The Walking Dead

mad men is one of those rare shows without a weak season