Was it autism?

Was it autism?

Other urls found in this thread:

chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/chi-chicagodays-disco-story-story.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's always autism

It was apparently anti-degeneracy.
I initially thought it was just "stop liking what I don't like" autism, but it was a fear of the drug/casual sex/hedonism lifestyle being promoted to children.

Yes. In the 1970s, people said intelligent things like, "LMAO look at those autists burning meme records."

You should fucking thank these rednecks, without their prejudice and discrimination of disco music, house music wouldn't be accidentally created.

that's actually bullshit
chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/chi-chicagodays-disco-story-story.html

>Dahl had recorded a parody of Rod Stewart's "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?" with his band, Teenage Radiation. He called it "Do Ya Think I'm Disco?" The lyrics mocked a sellout yuppie who shellacked himself in disco clothes and lurked in exclusive clubs. The sound mocked Stewart, a sellout rocker who shellacked himself in leopard skin and lurked on "Solid Gold."

>If you were a Coho, that was the enemy.

>Today, that's often overlooked. "The worst thing is people calling Disco Demolition homophobic or racist," says Dahl. "It just wasn't. It's really easy to look at it historically, from this perspective, and attach all those things to it. But we weren't thinking like that."

So according to this guy, it was just autism?

The same should happen today but with EDM and rap

yeah, for the guy who organized it.
No doubt the people in the bleachers were racist and homophobic losers who couldn't handle a different kind of art form populating the airwaves.

It was racism and homophobia.

What would they burn? Tablets with SoundCloud or DatPiff opened up?

There's really no way to replicate an event of this magnitude, unfortunately.

Yes Tumblr, everything is racism and homophobia.

no because it was before 2000
autism didn't exist before 1995

not everything but that clearly was.

>kills harmless genre because muh real music
>rock ends up dying the following decade and stays dead until this day

Ironically, supplanted by EDM and hip hop which are directly descended from disco.

It had to be racism and homophobia even though there was plenty of even blacker genres that didn't get the same treatment, and nor did musical theater which is even gayer than disco?

lol

>nor did musical theater which is even gayer than disco?
Are you actually 12 years old?

No, are you?