Help me solve this mathematically. I know the result by testing with the dog's weight...

help me solve this mathematically. I know the result by testing with the dog's weight, but I don't know how to solve it with equations (I forgot)

thanks

Is it 30?

Dumbfuck, it's not a math problem
>it's a menu

Add them all up and divide by 2

27kg, cat is 7, rabbit is 3, dog is 17. This is grade level shit. Like pre middle school.

3 rabbit
7 cat
17 dog

Cat weighs 4 more than rabbit, cat+rabbit=10, therefore cat must be 7 and rabbit must be 3.

so fucking wrong its not even funny

what if the cat and the rabbit both weigh 5?

sorry for sideways pic

OP knows the result

how is it wrong , Cat weighs 4 more than rabbit, cat+rabbit=10 10-4 = 6/2 = 3 each have 3kg and the cat have the 4 more we subtracted so the cat is 7 and rabbit 3 so now we know a dog weighs 17 20-3=17 and 24-7 = 17 , so 17+7+3 = 27

dog+cat=24, dog+rabbit=20, therefore cat is 4 more than rabbit

It's 27 the cat is 7 the dog is 17 the rabbit is 3

thank you! apparently I had it right but had forgotten how to sum binomials (I'm a disgrace) thanks

then that would mean the dog weighs 15 in the upper right pic and 19 in the bottom left, ya idiot. we call those the "givens" of the equation. they make it possible to solve and not open for random speculation mr. "what if"

dont feed the troll

Correct

if
cat + rabbit = 10
dog + rabbit = 20

then it is clear that dog has 10kg more than cat

and if dog + cat = 24, then the only combination possible is
cat = 7kg
dog = 17kg

From there, rabbit is easly deduced

C+R = 10
D+R = 20
>R = 20-D
C+D = 24
>D = 24-C

Combine greentext
R = 20 - (24-C) = 20-24+C = C-4
Plug into first equation
C+C-4 = 10
2C = 14
>C = 7

7+R = 10
>R= 3

7 +D = 24
>D = 17

C+D+R = 7+17+3 = 27

the "givens" of an equation are just speculation

cat+rabbit=10
dog+rabbit=20
Therefore,
cat+10=dog.
For this to be true and
cat+dog=24
to also be true, it must be true that
cat+(cat+10)=24
2cat=14
cat=7
Referring to
cat+rabbit=10,
we find that
7+rabbit=10
rabbit=3
If this is true and it is also true that
dog+rabbit=20, then
dog+3=20
dog=17
To reiterate:
cat=7
rabbit=3
dog=17
Therefore, the final weight is
cat+rabbit+dog
7+3+17
Q.E.D.
What kind of middle school dropout couldn't solve this?

you have a dog cat frame and a dog bunny frame
[dog bunny frame] - [dog cat frame] =
dog+bunny-dog-cat = (20-24) = -4 = bunny - cat

bunny - cat = -4
bunny - cat + cat + cat = -4 + cat + cat
bunny + cat = -4 +2 cats
-4 + 2 cats = 10
2 cats = 14
cat = 7

I kinda just did it in my head without simplifying or moving pieces around constantly so its only like a few steps in reality

someone who hasn't done math in a long time?

Cat+bunny = 10
Dog+bunny=20
Therefore cat = dog *.5
Dog +cat= 24
Dog+dog*.5=24
Dog= 16
Cat= 8
Bunny is a lie

cate-C
rabbit-R
doggo-D

C+R=10
D+R=20
D+C=24

C=10-R
D=24-C=24-10+R

24-10+R+R=20
2R=20-24+10
R=3

C=7
D=17

The simplest solution is this:
Sum the first two pictures.
Subtract the third.
Two rabbits is 6 Kg.
Done.

Is the rabbit on the dog's back supposed to mean it's dog-to-the-rabbit power?

>Add them all up and divide by 2

Elaborating on this because it's the simplest answer mentally. Why do more work than you have to?

(C+R)+(D+R)+(D+C)=2(C+D+R)
10+20+24 = 54 = 2(C+D+R)
(C+D+R)=27

rabbit in base doggo

x+y=10
z+y=20
z+x=24
then
x+y=10 z+y=20 x+y=10
-z-y=-20 -z-x=-24 -z-x=-24
x-z=-20 y-x=-4 y-z=-14
x-z=-20
-y+z=4
x-y=-24
y-x=-4
0=-28
I have no fucking clue what I just did, but I hope I wasted someone's time reading this shit

its 28kg niggers

what if the rabbit is actually 4 more than the cat and not the other way around?

then you substract 4 from the dog+cat picture and add 4 to the dog + rabbit picture

it does not hold up, becasue then cat is 2, dog is 12, but that together is 14, not 24

x + y = 10
z + y = 20
z + x = 24
x + y + z = You are a moron.

The simplest solution is this:
Sum the first two pictures.
Subtract the third.
Two rabbits is 6 Kg.
Done.

Actually this is the simplest.
Laziness in maths is elegance.

if the cat is 4 less than the rabbit and the rabbit is 7 then the cat must be 3

>can't even into basic math or logic
>this is grade school level shit
>Y-YOU AH STOPPDED

captcha: lubricants lobo

It happens. You're a bigger moron for thinking I am smart to begin with.

but how do we know which variables are which animals?

But if the cat is 3, then the dog is 13. And that does not add up to 24

Cat - 7
Rabbit - 3
Dog - 17

7+3=10
17+3=20
17+7=24
17+7+3=27

Answer: 27KG

who is smarter, the person who solves it using math or the one that knows the dog is around 15 and starts trying 14 15 16 or 17 in their heads?

Took me awhile to see wtf you were doing. You added the variable side of the equations but not the constants for the first one. So it ends up being

x-z=-10
y-x=-4
y-z=-14

which you could plug back in if you really wanted to I guess.

27 kg

the cat is 4 kg heavier than the rabbit and rabbit and the cat weight 10kg
7 and 3 make 10 7 is four more than 3
the dog and the rabbit is 20 kg so together with the cat they are 27 kg

here's a nice math rule that's better expalined with matrixes but fuck it

if you got 3 DIFFERENT ecuations and 3 variables then there's always ONE posible solution for each variable
In general if you got N different ecuations and N variables then every variable has exactly 1 possible value

if there's more ecuations than variables then it's not possible to find every value cuz at least one variable will have infinite possible values

if there's more variables than ecuations then you got either: 1 possible value for every value OR inconsistent ecuations

1.) If you add cat+dog to rabbit + dog, you get 44
2.) If you subtract the rabbit+cat (10) you get 2 x dog (34)
3.) 1 dog, therefore weighs 1/2 of 34 (17)
4.) Adding the rabbit and cat (10) back on gives you 27.

derp flip ecuations with variables for 2) and 3)
more variables than ecuations means you can't find every value

To be fair I only solved for the sum. I wouldn't have even seen the solution to solve for the rabbit alone right away, would probably have solved the system of equations and wasted a shitton of time. Your way is the fastest mentally to solve for any of the individual variables.

the only reason we can't say "just switch the values of the rabbit and cat" is because we have access to the equations

if you didnt have the equations you could switch the weight of the rabbit and the cat and everything would work out fine

The person who realizes that's there's two of every animal in 3 frames so add all 3 / 2

honestly if you can't figure out this u don't deserve to be on the internet
retard

To simplify what you're trying to say because I think it's an important point most people never learned:

You can only solve for as many independent variables as you have independent equations.

>pic 1 and 2
dog is 10 kg heavier than cat
>pic 2 and 3
cat is 4 kg heavier than bunny (b)
>pic 1
10=b+4+b
10-4=6=2b

b=3
c=7
d=17

you could still solve the problem you just wouldn't be able to assign the variables to a particular animal

you could switch them around, you could swap the weight of the rabbit and the cat and everything would add up correctly, it would just be ambiguous as to which animal really weighed 7kg and which one really weighed 3kg

guys i think OP is underage

i was trying to stay away froom the term "independent equations" not everyone needs to understand that part

just assign negative values to the rabbit, everything will be k

really, the only way we KNOW which animal should be assigned which variable is because of the equations

if we didnt have them we could have the values and the variables, but it would be unclear as to where they belonged, since the math would be clear either way

Thanks, I appreciate how you can find many ways to get to the same solution, and among those the simplest are also the most beautiful and elegant.

Got it, its 15 guys.

Cat weighs 7. Rabbit weighs 3. Dog weighs 17.

That's 27.

We know the rabbit weighs less than the cat and that the dog weighs more than both, so I guesstimated the cat weighed 6 and the rabbit 4. Followed that and it didn't add up so I bumped the cat up to 7 and the rabbi down to 3 and hey wow amazing it all added up.

Got any more puzzles op?

ya heres one, the mind-body problem

what the fuck

Cat x Rabbit = 10
Dog x Rabbit = 20
therefore Dog = Cat x 2
Dog x Cat = 24
therefore Cat x2 x Cat = 24 or 2xCat-squared = 24
Cat squared = 12, Cat = Sqrt(12)
Dog = 2 x Sqrt(12)
Rabbit = 10/sqrt(12)
Cat x Dog-to-the-Rabbit power =
sqrt(12) x [2x sqrt(12)]^(10/sqrt(12)) = 925.23771

o shit wait a sec, the equations arent wrong

want to elaborate on this? never heard of it

Understandable, replace 'independent' with 'different' and the sentiment becomes even simpler. Things like this are shit I wish they taught me when I FIRST learned math, especially when working with abstract problems like this. Just being able to look at my givens and say "Oh I have 2 variables but only one equation, I must be missing something" would have been priceless. Having flashbacks to an exam prof forgot to give one of the equations and everyone was having a breakdown mid test thinking they'd forgotten how to math.
You can only solve for as many different variables as you have different equations.

This fag googled itBoy just add the top two up, subtract the cat and dog and then divide by two to find the weight of on rabbit, and add it to 27, this shit ain't Sudoku it's literally played out in front of you, wtf you do all this work for

descartes said

"the only thing i can be sure of is that i'm doubting, i can't doubt that i'm doubting. doubting requires thought and thought requires a body, thus i can be absolutely sure that i am a "thinking thing" "

so descartes sets us up with 2 substances, mind and body, we cannot possibly doubt the existence of those 2 things

but the problem is how do these 2 things interact? how is it possible? how does immaterial thought interact with material body?

same fam
faggots only teached that stuff on my second year of colege

a+b=10
a+c=20
b+c=24
-> b=a+4
->b=7, a =3
a+c=20
c=17
17+7+3=27

It's pretty cool to see all the different ways people figured this out.

Who knew there were different ways to do the same thing?

ya me and tyrone fuck your mom in different ways, but in the end she is still a whore

Yeah my dad was a sensible man who barely graduated highschool. I remember how hard it blew my fucking mind when he taught me to figure out tips or sales% or whatever just divide by ten and multiply by 2 or whatever. Still use it when I'm calculating tips and shit.

Be
a = cat
b = rabbit
c = dog
From the four panels in the picture (from the upper left panel to the upper right panel and then from the lower left panel to the lower right panel) we have:
a + b = 10 (1)
c + b = 20 (2)
c + a = 24 (3)
b + c + a = ?
Substracting (2) from (1) : a + b - c - b = a - c = 10 - 20 = -10 ; this is: a - c = -10 (let's call it (4))
Now, adding (3) and (4) : c + a + a - c = 2a = 24 - 10 = 14 ; this is 2a = 14 (let's call it (5))
Now, in (5): a = 14/2 = 7 ; it means that a = 7 (let's call it (6))
Now, let's use (6) in (4) : a - c = 7 - c = -10 ; this is -c = -10-7 = -17; it means that c = 17 (let's call it (7))
Now, let's use (7) in (2) : c + b = 17 + b = 20 ; this is b = 20 - 17 = 3 ; meaning that b = 3
Therefore:
a = 7
b = 17
c = 3
It checks out:
7 + 3 = 10 (upper left panel)
17 + 3 = 20 (upper right panel)
17 + 7 = 24 (lower left panel)
3 + 17 + 7 = 27 (lower right panel and the original question)

won't be long before that's how you calculate sales tax

???

It's not immaterial, of course. Maybe I'm missing something, but that seems really clear to me. Like, thought is electric impulse and chemical change in the brain; a bunch of small chemical reactions are going on in the brain when you think(which is always).

it's 27

HAHAHAH HE SAID A BLACK GUY AND HIM FUCKED ANONS MUM HAHAHAH

I TOTALLY DON'T THINK HE HAS STRONG AND CONFUSING FEELINGS ABOUT RACE AND FAMILY BECAUSE OF HIS COMMENT HAHAHAHHA 2 FUNNY BRO

descartes would tell you "no those are the objects which cause thought, thought cannot possibly be an object, since thought is not material substance"

yeesh! how many times are you guys going to repeat the answers already calculated above? it's like you don't read the thread before replying to it

how come none of u faggots have used matrices?
step it up niggas

breh it's a problem of philosophy not math or biology.

The answer is that there is no answer that can be known 100%. You can spout whatever you want (and even though I believe your answer has the highest probability of being correct there is no way to prove it) but nothing can be proved on such a nebulous question.

The whole point of Descartes is that he basically say down and said "What can I be 100% certain of?" and the only thing he really came back to is "Cogito ergo sum" aka "I think therefore I am". In other words his consciousness proved he must exist. Beyond that anything could be an illusion cast by a 'great deceiver' as he might have said. Such are the philosophical foundings of 'skepticism' and many more philosophers have elaborated on it in the centuries since.

descartes idea of the two substances isn't "proved" by the cogito, the cogito merely points us in the direction of the most "clear and distinct" ideas

for descartes, the reason i can't doubt that im a thinking thing isn't because of the cogtio, its because "thinking" and "body" are the two most clear and distinct ideas available to me

And I'd retort that thought is the culmination of those things and that the shifting materials of your brain double up and also function as your mind. Thought is not an object, rather it is many pieces of a larger object working in unison to fill their role. Thought is, after all, just the same electric pulses that push plankton along, expanded upon arguably to the nth degree. Our electric pulses have just been fine tuned to take on more precise roles than "eat", "survive" and "reproduce" because it stems from an organ our predecessors needed to work out in order to survive. Thought and the rumbling of a hungry belly are just about the same exact thing. Physical stimuli causing an appropriate physical reaction.

Memory is stored similarly to code in the grey matter of your brain and activated by the right reactions/pulses to the right sectors via neural pathways that were developed in reaction to all the stimuli that helped shape your unique brain print.

how dat?

descartes would basically say the same thing

"the objects which cause thought (electrical impulses and molecules, matter) are not thought, because thought has no matter and no extension in space"

I feel a loop coming on.

Only just read and definitely see their point. I suppose my answer would then be that I really don't know where the body ens and the mind begins. I can't prove anything I know to be true, but would rather believe that the world is a thing shared by many consciousnesses.

Though the question and what I can make of the answer seems to imply that thought shouldn't/don't have to be bound to the body. As in, it's totally possible that thought is a force as much as gravity or time is a force and that it is something that can be shared by many, assuming I'm not the only conscious thing in existence. Finding it hard to put all these quasi-real things to word right now.

You're all wrong. You have not taken into account that the bunny is slightly elevated and therefore has less weight, even if just by the smallest fraction.

well i mean its still a problem, its by no means a solved case.

descartes' position isn't that we can't know anything, but rather we have access to certain ideas that are clear and distinct, those ideas give us access to truth

he just wasn't exactly sure how

C + R = 10
D + R = 20
D + C = 24
D + C + R = 27

So... what was the question?

democrat + republican = 20?

Cat = X
Bunny = Y
Dog = Z

Dog must equal X+10 [cat he replaced plus 10]
24=X+(X+10)
14=X+X
7=X
Therefore, 10=(7)+3
Y=3
Therefore, 20=Z+3
Z=17
X+Y+Z = 7+3+17 = 27

? = 27

Now u know :)

And neither am I to be honest. All I know is that changes aren't permanent, though change is; much like how I thought I could answer your question easy peasy, but upon gathering information later, changed my line of thought on the matter.

Interesting puzzle, m8. I appreciate the contribution. I'd like to give you this spicy meme as tribute

you could also look up the problem of induction, the problem of evil, the problem of universals, the problem of the criterion and lots of others

Thanks again, stranger. Gonna be up till dawn reading up on this stuff

No. 28.

cat+rabbit+dog+cat-(dog+rabbit)=cat*2
10# + 24# - 20# = 14#
14#/2=7#
you can then either do the same thing for each animal
or add 7# to the dog and rabbit weight