What went wrong?

What went wrong?

destiny and post halo 3

Thought they could do no wrong and let it go to their heads, plus corrupted from the inside as demonstrated by what they did to Marty.

Explain?

the formation of 343

microsoft jews

Bingo

The began to make games for gamers instead of just games the way they wanted

Not really anything.
Destiny is good
Destiny 2 will be good.
I'm not worried.

Literally everything after halo 3 sucked ass.
>im absolutely itching to play online on that now thanks user.

O'Donnel made a whole album for the game and they it looks like Activision had him booted to save money. He had been with the company a long time. In the end they even blocked him from selling the music, despite it not being in the game so they didn't have to pay him royalties.

It's coming to backwards compatibility soon.

Ah, okay, thanks. That's pretty shitty.

False, Reach was excellent.

Becoming part of the modern online obsession with everything needing to unlockable. What made Halo's multiplayer great was that you could run around the map and grab guns at random. It meant scrambles for the best weapons, that using those weapons carried the disadvantage of being stalked my murderous powerarmoured magpies. It was fun, not a bloody chore to unlock the next scope or camo.

Correct, also ODST was fucking class too

how the fuck do i get exotics? how the fuck????

You have shitty taste in video games. While Destiny wasn't terrible by any standards it got boring and repetitive really fast. You do the same mission over and over. I didn't touch PvP but I knew I would probably get my ass kicked anyway cause I didn't play that much.

yeah that was the main problem with destiny, the raids were really fun to start off with. They had a lot of good problem-solving elements which were excellent to start off with, but then after a while, raids that used to take hours to do were done in a matter of mins and got boring. I played that game solidly for 3/4 then got completely bored

same

So doing halo story wouldn't be boring according to you? lol destiny MAIN attraction was the pvp honestly I cannot think of any multiplayer console game which focus on story rather than on the pvp

Might just be a taste thing then.
I'm also the person that raids tomb of sargeras weekly. Grindy stuff like that is my jam.

Reach was a great game, but I don't think it was a great HALO game. Same issue with Halo 4 and 5. They strayed too far from the original 3 and it just doesn't work.

At least the Halo storyline was more interesting than Destiny's. Destiny had barely any storyline, it was just a generic "there's an evil force going to kill us"

Bungo just did a bad job of implementing the story into the game. They wanted to make a borderlands style lootershooter, and thought that compartmentlaizing the lore into the grimoire was a good idea. Thank God they're changing that for D2.

So? No one said destiny story was golden in fact is well know it lacked story... the point is you can't rate a multiplayer game which focus on pvp based on storyline, did you replay halo missions everyday for years? No, you played multiplayer right?

Same way, nobody replayed destiny missions, it was either pvp, raids, or grinding loot, those are the things you can rate destiny for, but the fact you think the story is the main etching to rate shows you know nothing about games

Taking your prize pony to show.. again and again each time getting more tired,dull, and lackluster. Not setting up or even trying to imagine a new IP.

Oni was fucking TIGHT

200%

Well, that's a matter of opinion.
I think the Destiny lore is great. It goes into great depth about the origins of each of its enemies, aswell as explores them with subtle gameplay nods and hints. The lore was a big reason I was enticed. Every expansion kept giving a little more as to the grand scale of the universe, and it was great. Sure, the missions themselves were kind of lackluster, but the lore and story was told through more than just the missions. The Battle on 5 Fronts, the Taken War, the Iron Lords, all told through PVP maps, raids, and dungeons