This guy considers himself an Italian. He wasn't born there. Neither were his parents...

This guy considers himself an Italian. He wasn't born there. Neither were his parents. Why do American have this habit of claiming things like that? Especially the pseudo-italian and -irish ones.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Italy#North.E2.80.93South_divide
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padania
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because thats what muricans do

Don't try to deny someone their racial heritage. He may be second, third generation even, but if he's an Italian American why would you ever try to take that away from him?

Because you are not italian if you are not born in italy from ethnically italian parents. Period.

That's not how ethnicities work, that's how your nationality works. The dude has a clearly Italian last name. I don't know the guy that well but I'm assuming he's got Italian blood in him, making him ethnically Italian.

>implying Italians are an ethnicity

Actually Italy is a rather young nation that was created by different regions joining into on kingdom. Just like Germany.

He watched Goodfellas too many times.

So the cultural identity of italy doesnt exist? nice bait but that doesnt work.

Maybe nationality wise like citizenship but ethnic wise he is italian. So are all those north african niggers that will have kids all of a sudden be swedish, British, German just cause they were born there? Retard.

Alright have fun explaining that to everyone. Very few people agree with you there and you seriously just sound like you're trying to deny someone their identity. There are plenty of reasons to dislike the guy but his ethnic identity is decidedly *not* one of them.

he not italian american.

he's just fucking american you dunce.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

>So the cultural identity of italy doesnt exist?

Being culture and ethnicity are two different things, clown. Also how close "Italians" are can be seen by the rich North constantly trying to ditch the poor South.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Italy#North.E2.80.93South_divide

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padania

If he is not ethnically Italian then what is his ethnicity? We all know there is no such thing as an American ethnicity only a nationality.

If he wants to identify as an Italian then that is HIS right! On all levels except physical he is a full blooded Italian. Stop assuming someone's ethnicity

yes

yes they are.

I'm starting to think that being southern might count as an ethnicity at this point. It's the most unique culture we have in America as much as I hate to say it.

for the wops it's because of the mafia thing. they think it's cool for people to wonder if he's connected, or something along those lines.

potato faggots just do it as an excuse to drink all day.

Alright well agree to disagree.

We're a nation of immigrants with an unimaginable number of unique heritages, it makes no sense to deny people theirs.

>The dude has a clearly Italian last name
I am English, my last name is Irish, I have some Irish blood though its pretty diluted, I don't consider myself Irish.

my dad once met an American with the same last name who was so proud of being an American he wouldn't entertain the fact that his ancestors were Irish and that he was 100% American, though he didn't have any native American in him at all, which is retarded

People will claim they are what they feel they are based on their personal history and experiences

Because America truly is a country consisting of many different ethnicities and nationalities. White people in particular look for ways to differentiate themselves from other white americans. Your ancestry, even if it's a few generations removed, is the lowest hanging fruit.

Also, even if it's just your great grandparents who were from Italy, Italian traditions may still persist in their family (e.g., cooking certain meals during holidays, attending Italian Catholic mass, learning Italian phrases, etc.).

Italians and Irish, in general, had a very difficult time becoming accepted as anything but 2nd class citizens.

Did he just scratch his ass before this picture was taken?

I know about the north south divide in italy, stop making assumptions this doesn't mean that italy is not somewhere you can "come" from he's an italian american he may be 3rd generation but like it or not he is one.

I'm fine with that too.

What I'm not fine with are trolls trying to belittle a man for his clearly valid identity, when there are so many other reasons to dislike the guy.

then native americans can stop bitching and saying we "stole" their land. they were born here in our time. just like all of us. stfu youre not special your ancestors came from Siberia.

Because America has no culture.

So we take the culture of others by immigration or bombing.

because he's got pride. Pride for himself and pride for his country. I know this concept is foreign to you Europeans, where such behavior isn't politically correct, but for us it's very normal

>What I'm not fine with are trolls trying to belittle a man for his clearly valid identity, when there are so many other reasons to dislike the guy.

This 1000x. If you want to be proud of your ancestry, more power to you. This guy's a fucking tool, regardless of how he identifies.

>mfw americans call themselves irish because their surname is O'Donnell and their great grandparent Eoghan was Irish

fucking morons

>If he wants to identify as an Italian then that is HIS right!

ah so its more a gender thing then ethnicity.

Are you OK, user?

You're thinking about Nationality.

Nationality is the relationship between a person and the political state to which he belongs or is affiliated.
Ethnicity is the identification of a person with a particular racial, cultural, or religious group.

>Wat is ethnicity?
>how does it fucking work?

t. Frank Angelo an """"""""""Italian"""""""""""

no such thing moron.

is Shaquille O'Neal from Irish ethnicity?

idiot

He was a native American.

Americans do it, because just being American is boring and not exciting.

So they have to be 1/16th Polish, 1/3rd German, 5/8ths Russian, 2/10ths African etc

No you are American and fucking retarded at the same time.

why do so many american politicians and businessmen have this leathery plastic washed out revolting seedy look about them?

Exactly. Bitches in this thread keep conveniently forgetting about other factors that make up a person's identity like their heritage, ethnicity, etc etc etc

Yous can feel the stupid oozing out of what passes for this brain

>is Shaquille O'Neal from Irish ethnicity?

>what is a slave?

This guy's seriously butthurt.

He's a fuckin' ginzo as sure as OP is a faggot.

We probably do it because we're a nation of immigrants and have a distributed identity over the diverse set of people in this country but idk if you wanna just shout shit like that and have a non-conversation that's fine too.

Nope. Australia is a nation of immigrants. But we'd never resort to heritage. Don't generalise faggot. It's 'murican bullshit.

he has an irish name. one of his ancestors is a white irish

therefore he comes from irish ethnicity in your logic.

i guess niggers arent ethnically african then

did you just assume his cultural origin ?

meant for

>Australia is a nation of immigrants
way to misspell 'convicts'

I always hated the AFRICAN Americans thing, nigga you weren't born in Africa and don't know anyone from there

>a white irish

Lol, are you serious? At one point his ancestors were slaves owned by a white O'Neal, thus his Irish last name.

What about jazz and gumbo?

Get fucked you fucking fuck.

scaramuch, scaramuch, can you do the fandango

White Americans can all trace their heritage back several generations, because they were never snatched up, brought to unwillingly to a new continent, and sold into slavery. African Americans don't have the luxury of extensive and thorough evidence of their heritage. So they're AFRICAN American because they don't know if they're Nigerian American, etc.

Irish people didn't own slaves. They were the slaves.

>A small portion of Irish immigrants were indentured servants, therefore none of them owned slaves.

Wrong.

Name is clearly Italian. He is likely of Itsllian descent. Its called common sense. It only feels new you the very young.

Additionally white people have a genuinely rich heritage in their family history, which differs greatly from other white people. As it was said earlier, Irish and Italians were thought of as second class as well, showing differentiation between white ethnicities.

Black people pretty much got here one way. They have a shared identity and a shared history, and a shared experience among them. It's why it makes sense to have a black history month but not a white history month. Black history month is largely about one thing, the shared black experience (which let's be honest was heavily influenced by slavery). White history month would need to be about a huge number of completely unrelated things. It'd make more sense to have different history months for each Caucasian ethnicity.

so this is not a african... o
ok
good deal.

because GENETICS.
this logic is so dumb. He's genetically Italian I'm sure. If you took his genes, you could trace them to Italian origins.

i bet this kid thinks he was educated

~Fragilay~ - they must be italian!

It is funny that possibly the most nationalistic people on earth, Americans, cling to their overseas ancestor's ethnicity in such a way

Because most Americans aren't actually from America. Saying he's Italian still says a lot about his genetics, which you can verify just by looking at him.

its funny you are a faggot who makes up stupid and completely wrong-shit and then continues to pound your pud like its the only thing other then 5 year olds that gets you off
>u str9 fucking mongo

Sorry, I should have included a trigger warning.

More like a stupid shit warning lol

Damn wish this site supported emojis

That might be the most firm proof of homosexuality anyone has ever said on this website

Dude is as Italian as it gets. Nothing but loud, retarded bullshit coming out of his mouth, just listen to him.

2 minutes of clicking links and his grandfather immigrated from Italy in the 20's.
To New York.
For all we know him and his dad could have grown up in a very Italian part of NY.

>convicts /= immigrants

Just think, none of your ancestors were smooth criminals, and that's why you're Australian.

Do your caregivers know that you are using the Internet?