B, i listened to a bunch of 80s metal back when i was 13...

b, i listened to a bunch of 80s metal back when i was 13. And ive always heard 80s metal is something you grow out of when you get older, and that you would be listening to more modern bands. Welp, im 19 now, and still dont know a single 2010s metal song or band i care about. In fact, all the metal heads ive met at highschool are druggies and degenerates. So, give me some recs for nu metal Sup Forums

pic, the type of stuff i listened to
>inb4 some ironic weeb recs baby metal

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YF4_YciUVKA
youtube.com/watch?v=qWTPmRDpieg
youtube.com/watch?v=eUsWG7MzZb8
youtube.com/watch?v=85e63AtUnj8
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6VpX-feA2M
twitter.com/naraha_kobe
youtube.com/watch?v=wJEsEpixH4s
youtube.com/watch?v=CCu5cigP51E
youtube.com/watch?v=H5XWwLYeKfE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why listen to nu metal when there's only SOAD that is occasionally good ? The old genres are the best

Nu is boring now, try new stuff for example Progressive or Djent

Ghoul, (older but still good) Skeletonwitch, Behemoth, First couple of Ozzy albums are always a good listen. Alestorm, Primus, weedeater, uncle acid, cannabis corpse, Exhumed, Municipal waste, DRI, war bringer, Lich king, but forget all these and listen to baby metal. Black Sabbath is always a good choice though.

>And ive always heard 80s metal is something you grow out of when you get older

As is metal in general.

It's music for maladjusted teenage virgins.

Listen to Lindemann.

i grew out of dressing and listening only Metal when i was 16, I think that is the age you SHOULD be quitting phase music.

>there are literally dozens of metal genres
>"I only like classic heavy metal"

Ok kid

Here's some modern sounding shit

You can't grow out of it because your life has halted and you go back to the days you felt alive. Pick up a hobby and break out of your routine faggot. Thank /b later.

Linkin Park is great start

Check out some Deftones, specifically their album Diamond eyes. Slayer's, Christ Illusion. Slayer was going for a nu-metal sound on this album.

M8 I'm nearly 30, still have long hair and mostly listen to 80's metal. Judas Priest fucking rule.

I've tried listening to new bands, but haven't found any that I like.

Why listen to shit nu metal when you can listen to epic songs like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=YF4_YciUVKA

You know it makes sense.

Power Trip gr8 throwback thrash

Judas priest suck ass, they are the glam of thrash metal.

+ leather faggot

Rob Halford might be a fag, but he's a cool fag like Freddie.

A fag is a fag

I don't care if he fucks men, Turbo is a fucking classic album.

I am in my early thirties and have just discovered iron maiden. It's pretty extraordinary.

I personally listen to mainly 80's metal. If you are looking for something a bit lighter, maybe Foo Fighters (My Favorite) or something heavy but modern maybe Avenged Sevenfold or Slipknot? Happy hunting OP.

Why listen to faggoty nu metal when you could listen to the Macc Lads?

I don't bother searching for new stuff, when I listen to metal, i stick with what I've always liked; Metallica, pantera, system of a down, megadeth, soad, linkin park, parkway drive, slipknot.. that sorta shit

Fear Factory. They have been around forever but keep getting better

How about some Celtic Warrior?

youtube.com/watch?v=eUsWG7MzZb8

this
>start with 90s Dream Theater and maybe early Tool if you want

Trips of truth btfo

Tool suck. Listen to WASP.

>im 19 now

just wait you fag. i'm 27 now and i primarily listen to indie now, and im getting back into the techno/trance i used to listen to when i was a teenager as well.

i still love metal to death and saw iron maiden when they toured recently, but metal isn't my go-to music to jam to anymore. it's weird when i think about it.

Soulfly
youtube.com/watch?v=85e63AtUnj8

Metal is for idiots, anyone that enjoys that type of music are pussys.

I am oldfag. Next to Priest, I was listening in high school to early Maiden, Scorpions up to but not after Blackout (espec Uli Roth stuff), the Michael Schenker group (anything from 1980 to 1984 or so), Dio-era Sabbath, first three Def Leppard albums, Bon-Scott-era ACDC, Zeppelin, Ozzy with Randy Rhoads, etc. Lots of great hard rock and heavy metal a few years each side of the year 1980.
Then everything balkanized... hair metal, thrash metal, death metal, gnome metal, stoner rock, etc. I jumped ship and stopped listening to metal for a few years.
But I can still listen to the good stuff from the golden age. And every now and then I'll hear something metal that competes with the best stuff from the early 80s. Example: Worship Music by Anthrax is amazing.
But yeah, fuck most metal since then. Most of it sounds like cookie monster screaming over a car crash.

kek. Go say that at a motorcycle rally.

This guy is giving some solid recommendations. If you want nu-metal, I can't help much beyond As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage, or Chimera, but if you're interested in delving into Black or Doom, I'd say look at Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Swallow the Sun, Katatonia, Carnifex, and Lacrimas Profundere (Goth, but who doesn't like Goth?). Nuclear Blast is a good label to troll around to catch a pretty eclectic glimpse at your options.

Also, Fleshgod Apocalypse.

Sonic Mayhem

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6VpX-feA2M

>Cradle of Filth

OP is 19, he's about 5 years too old to be listening to that crap.

There are a fair amount of 80s bands mixed in here, but here is a list of bands I personally listen to that you should check out:
Death, King Diamond, Immortal, Opeth, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Deicide, Obituary, Bloodbath, Megadeth, Cryptopsy, Mastodon, Metallica, Reverend Bizarre, Amon Abarth, Carcass, Judas Priest, Kreator, Sodom, Red Fang, Sunn O))), Sabaton, YOB Candlemass, Burzum, Dream Theater, Suffocation, The Sword, Sleep, Electric Wizard, Dio and Gojira

Rob Zombie

Most of the albums here are metal

twitter.com/naraha_kobe

youtube.com/watch?v=wJEsEpixH4s

Sum Ting Wong

Definitely top recommendations, especially Ghoul!!

Cross face is good. Not that modern though

youtube.com/watch?v=CCu5cigP51E
More rock than nu metal, but Vessels are really good 2017 album

Cro Mags is always a good choice

"Nu is boring now, try new stuff for example Progressive or Djent"
> Nu was never good.
> Djent is for limp wristed faggots
> Prog is best in life.
> Yes - Roundabo....To Be Continued.

Whitesnake, Def Leppard, Poison, Saxon, Motley Crue, Black Sabbath, Dio, REO Speedwagon, Helix, WASP, Anthrax, Motorhead, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, Judas Priest, White Lion...

Stick to the good bands! Fuck man even Stryper are better than faggy nu metal.

Good stuff, but the Sabaton...

Gold quality

You're not supposed to graduate to nu-mutal, dummy.

You're supposed to graduate to better quality music. Stuff like radiohead or Elvis Costello or the Beatles.

Also
ITT Bunch of posers trying their hardest to look like they listen to metal

Ok kid. For starters, you don't want "nu-metal", that's nigger rap infused garbage from the 90's.

As a fan of the 80's stuff you should check out Thrash revival bands like Toxic Holocaust and Municipal Waste.

For death metal, start with Cannibal Corpse and Deicide, maybe Morbid Angel too.

For black metal, start with Bathory, then second gen stuff like early Mayhem, Darkthrone, and Burzum.

I would also recomend watching Metal: A headbanger's journey, then the VH1 history of metal by the same director, but be sure to look up the "lost" extreme metal episode.

It's all about the old school bands, thrash, death, black, and some progressive bands.

Nu metal is for degenerates.

Best live band going right now.

Just wish they'ed end this hiatus and get back out there.

Haven't smelled that scent in too long...

Check out this OP

Baroness fucking rule

Yeah I've noticed a lot of people don't like Sabaton.

Embrace metal blessed by the fuhrer.

youtube.com/watch?v=H5XWwLYeKfE

Sieg heil!

Same here modern bands just kinda suck
I listen to avenged sevenfold though they have good shit and they're good live

So that's the only band I can really recommend
Other than that classic metal all the way

Just adding on to this though
No matter how hard you try you'll never find anything better than blizzard of ozz and diary of a madman

>avenged
>good
no

Give em a try they fuck ass >Ariana Grande, ed sheeran, katy perry and selena Gomez
>metal af