What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Y5S7rjUbC14
youtube.com/watch?v=xBWysMSW5EQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What a stupid fucking thread. Go fuck yourself

Nothing. Far and away the best live action Batman and Bruce Wayne. Actually intimidating for once. Actually a competent fighter.

He lost his neck

even with the ultimate cut its extremely bloated. Horrendously edited. Poorly cast. Baldly acted. Lazily written. Painstakingly dull. Unbelievably boring. Unnecessarily broody. Terribly paced. And that is just the first hour, there is still two more hours left.

The shear number of pointless subplots are simply staggering. Plot holes? You mean mystery elements. The fact that someone read the script and decided it was worthy of spending over 250 million to bring it to the screen boggles my mind. This is what happens when you take five different scripts that have no sense of correlation. Did editing and streamlining the story not cross anyone's mind.

The production is big on making terrible decisions and this is clearly evident in the casting. Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther is laughably bad giving his rejected Social Network performance as twitching Mark Zuckerberg. Gal Gadot is by far the biggest miscast. Most people complained when she cast due to her poor physicality and zero resemblance to Wonder Woman. Those points are fine, but the biggest drawback is that she's frankly not a good actress. She has the emotional range of a potato. Her big reveal in costume is complete with a 'cool' guitar rift like it's some Robert Rodriguez film. During action scene she is replaced by her cgi double which obviously looks bigger and muscular in comparison to Gal Gadot's actual physical appearance. I just couldn't help by have a good chuckle at that.

The biggest misstep in the entire production is the appointment of Zack Snyder as director. It seem like he just walked of the set of making Watchmen and nobody seemed to tell him that he wasn't contracted to direct a lackluster patchwork Watchmen sequel. An opening scene that features Jeffrey Dean Morgan being killed with a slo-mo shot of a shell casing exiting a gun; the government against masked vigilantes, a powerful god-like superhuman figure; a man that dresses in a black costume and fights crime with gadgets coming out of retirement; the death of a famous hero; not one, but three funeral scenes. How is this not recycling elements of Watchmen.

Zack Snyder has the inability to direct scenes where no action takes place and he can't mask it with stylish cgi backgrounds like he did in 300. Simply put when there's no explosions it dull and boring. Simple character interactions prove to be a struggle for a director who still gets his philosophy for his movies from teenage web forums. Religious references that completely lack subtlety and elegance doesn't make you movie 'intellectual'.

Other grievances include: a scene and a plot point that revolves around urine; Lex Luther's so called evil plan; Knightmare; a hyped fight that just ends up being a normal fistfight; and actual teaser trailers for future movies in the franchise.

Those three blows to the head were fucking brutal.

Nothing, it was fine, BvS is good, so is Man of Steel, and Suicide Squad had flaws, but wasn't awful.

Fuck off with these threads and try to create actual discussions rather than this meme.

>Ultimate edition
>Horrendously edited
Give me one example.

Everything.
Spotted the DCuck.

Buff adult male brooding, hollow sociopolitical and philosophical signalling, Hans Zimmer zimming it up on autopilot, Michael Bay meets Hinder music video aesthetics.

But he was a murderer.

Capeshit will always be horrible

le feminist faggot

>even with adding 30 minutes, its extremely bloated

this is your average critic of bvs
i stopped reading there

dumby

it was problematic.

Nothing faggot. Get the fuck over it

Nothing at all, you nincompoop.

youtu.be/Y5S7rjUbC14

I've stared at this for way too long.

>paternalistic

She can't get ovarian cancer soon enough.

Come back in the middle of the night OP
Thats when all the people that praise pleb trash are usually gone

Like every other live action incarnation pretty much, and many comic versions?

It fit the plot that he went that far. And he hardly killed anyone. One or two people while getting shot at, trying to secure a WMD/Godkiller from a super villain. Who cares?

Manlet

He's six foot four. dumb faggot

>And he hardly killed anyone.
He killed anyone who got in his way long enough to die. And he branded criminals knowing it was a death sentence and probably less merciful than just making quick work of it himself (which is the bizarre work of a psychopath). BvS Batman was not a hero, he was literally a villain and an edgelord which is why Superman was so pissed off at his existence because he actually had moral integrity. The whole "brutally murdering people is ok because they were bad people" thing is exactly the kind of creature our favorite bunch of good guys is commonly sent out to stop. BvS takes it way too far because Supes doesn't even have any reason to trust Batman after everything he did, let alone with the life of his own mother. The only reason that works at all is that we all have had the idea set in our minds for so long that Batman is a "good guy." That's how Snyder has gotten away with his portrayal; not because it's sensible but because we believed it before we sat down to watch the film.

>And he branded criminals knowing it was a death sentence

Watch the movie again and pay more attention this time.

>He killed anyone who got in his way long enough to die.

Can you identify any more than the couple I listed?

>BvS Batman was not a hero

>Runs *toward* falling skyscrapers to save a little girl.
>Stopped Lex getting kryptonite.
>Disables who he sees as alien threat
>Saves Supes' Mom
>Helps, as he can, defeat Doomsday
>Begins to assemble team to combat extraordinary threats to the planet

He took the life of a couple criminals who were trying to murder him. Boo fucking hoo.

>Watch the movie again
Nice try

Only one person was killed because he was branded and lex was the one who orchestrated that because he knew superman would see it and think batman was going too far

>Disney's shills

B-but that's not what MY batman would do. It has to follow EXACTLY HOW I WANT IT OR ITS BAAAAAD

Nothing, just not what older folks want (superfriends) and normies without cartoon/comics exposure when growing up.

Its a garbage capeshit flick
what did you expect?

youtube.com/watch?v=xBWysMSW5EQ

1:39 onwards.

>He took the life of a couple criminals who were trying to murder him. Boo fucking hoo.

Actually, in the car chase scene, the guys who fired at Batman were in the right because Batman initiated the confrontation. Batman was performing a violent theft and they were defending themselves and the cargo, thus, in this context, Batman was the criminal/badguy.

What's even worse is that this scene also makes Superman look immoral because when he shows up and interrupts Batman, he lets him off with just a warning instead of taking him in, which makes no sense seeing how batman just caught bodies while attempting a theft. I mean, what more evidence does Supes need to conclude that this guy is a murderous psychopath that needs to be locked up? Then again, DCU superman is pretty dumb.

Even Alfred called him "cruel." Batman was straight up losing it in this film and had to be stopped. It's basically a bad-guy redemption story.

"Judge, Jury and Executioner"

Alfred acts really bizarre in the movie. He is upset with Batman for branding ppl and drinking too much, but does he realize that Bruce is also going out of his way to flat out kill ppl? The guys in the chase weren't even performing a criminal act, they just had something Bruce wanted so he tried to steal it at all cost, which included murdering them. That alone should have prompted Alfred that he needs to pull the plug on this fucking nutjob.

You're not wrong. In fact I was so sickened by "Batman's" actions I took my wife's son and left.

Nothing

pretty simple lad

Video Games = "entertainment" sensibility = autism.

This is predominantly an art board (the "entertainment" shit that is constantly being discussed here is a result of crossposters from pleb boards like Sup Forums and Sup Forums)

True cinema = art which is the opposite to autism and in turn the opposite to video games.

The sensibilities resulting in video game appreciation are diametrically opposed to the appreciation of cinema as "art". Videogames/autism/"entertainment" are the reason for capeshit.

If you support capeshit you are Sup Forums and anti Sup Forums, Sup Forums, film and art.

The 1943 Batman did actually brand his enemies.

Heard it sucked so I didn't watch it.

> Batmurder vs Man of Murder: Dawn of fanfiction

WB put Hack Snyder in charge

People who stick by "Batman and Superman don't kill" are shitty, pussified 90's kids who only watched the cartoons.

>Nothing. Far and away the best live action Batman and Bruce Wayne. Actually intimidating for once. Actually a competent fighter.
Why do people keep saying this? It's like saying DiCaprio is the best Romeo. That's both debatable and kind of meaningless

woman and philosopher, can she get more useless

Suicicide Squad was legitimately awful. Maybe the original cut was better but as it stands, the movie is a dreck.
The other two I actually like, BvS is my favorite capeshit, that's for sure.

Why do people keep saying this? Batman is literally the one doing all the killing. Superman only ever killed the beings who were in the process of trying to kill every single person on the planet. Everyone else was collateral, and no it wasn't avoidable; he was fighting similarly god-like beings who could match his own strength and abilities. It's not like he was going to round them up and put them into jail.

DC is garbage.

wat

kek

/thread