IT fags out there, I need a new laptop for school, but I also want to use it for the darkweb...

IT fags out there, I need a new laptop for school, but I also want to use it for the darkweb. so basically my needs for it are: low price (I won't use it for gaming or anything), linux operating system, small enough to fit in backpack.
what are your recommendations, and are there laptops with linux already installed? (I don't know anything about linux)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Qj8p-PEwbI
youtube.com/watch?v=VNajzdvcZWE
ebay.com/itm/Dell-XPS-13-L321X-Laptop-Intel-Core-i5-1-60GHz-4GB-64Gb-SSD-Windows-10-Camera-/263099062223?hash=item3d41ed17cf:g:q3IAAOSw8lpZLe6z
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>(I don't know anything about linux)
it was unnecessary to state this because it was already apparent
>linux install
will you be able to successfully complete your assignments without Windows?
will you be able to connect to their internet without Windows?

I don't know exactly what I need it for, but since my study is very practical and not theeoretical, I probably only need shit like word, powerpoint maybe excel

will we see you on the news soon?
youtube.com/watch?v=5Qj8p-PEwbI

buy a cheap toshiba satellite and learn how to create a bootable usb...install Lubuntu (16.04) or Ubuntu MATE (16.04)

ezpz

what's the difference between ubuntu and linux? is ubuntu a part of linux?

Ubuntu is a variant of the Debian kernel which is built off of GNU/Linux

cheeapest ones I found are around €500, I'm looking for 3-4 is that realistic?

you could probably find an older laptop for way less and it'd run linux just fine, plus do the things you described in your post

Lenovo Yoga 510, just got one and it's fucking incredible, can get a low range but really good one for £350 so like $400 I guess, or have a look at the ThinkPad range, Lenovo do good backpack laptops, a ThinkPad is tough and cheap, especially used, look on Ebay.

msi wind u-100
load mint or ubuntu
battery life sucks, but you can find them dirt cheap on ebay

also more than a few linux distributions are made to run on older hardware...it's why so many people use it to revive older machines

ebay.com

yeah I'm fine with a little old laptop, my study is gonna be easy and I mainly need it for deepweb shit. one more question, I see there's all kinds of different programs ( ubuntu, lubuntu, mint, whatever there is more) is one better than the other, or is it different with each computer?
>inb4 you're asking retarded questions
yeah I know, I wish I had more time to learn about this stuff though

you should drop out of compsci and pursue a field that you are more suited to
im not trying to be mean, im only thinking about your future

I also highly recommend an older Lenovo from the BUSINESS line.
You'll get far better laptop...

Dell xps l321x second hand

>you should drop out of compsci
what do you mean?
I'm going to study physical therapy, and I need a laptop for it.
deepweb is just for private shit.

Using your school laptop for illegal shit is about as dumb as you can get, my dude. Unless you're just buying RC's or are okay with zeroing your HDD on a regular basis.

You're gonna need a Windows OS more than likely to do your work. That being said, if you truly want to browse the darknet, you should do it of a live is OS like tails.

youtube.com/watch?v=VNajzdvcZWE

nobody is going to look into my laptop, I'm probably not even gonna use it at school a lot.
with ubuntu I can still visit normal webbrowsers right? if so, then I can just use word, powerpoint etc online. and if I need to run anything special and it's not possible on the laptop, I still have a PC at home

You can use Linux for all that

>xps l321x
can you provide a link?

Tails or parrot are distros of interest to you. Good luck user, now isn't the time for the dn though.

Ebay is probably the only way.

ebay.com/itm/Dell-XPS-13-L321X-Laptop-Intel-Core-i5-1-60GHz-4GB-64Gb-SSD-Windows-10-Camera-/263099062223?hash=item3d41ed17cf:g:q3IAAOSw8lpZLe6z

I bought mine about 2 years ago second hand, its bullet proof.

It wont be able to handle things like Adobe but was built to be the best when it was made.

Try to avoid cheap high spec shit like HP

OP here, thanks fags. here's a meme you nerds probably like :^)

Get a pinebook, 99 bucks, done.