Why do they get obviously old actors to play high school aged kids

just watched nerve and i wanted to punch this thirty year old in the face

whomever casts these movies should be fired

Two reasons

1)Cause there are labor laws that are usually rather strict concerning workers under the age of 18.

2)Kid actors are usually even worse than crappy adult actors playing kids.

emma can still play a teen but her moustache is troubling

>2)Kid actors are usually even worse than crappy adult actors

what is stranger things

It takes a lot of effort and money to find child actors good enough to pull that off. Not every one has netflix money

fuck

>I don't know what usually means

because under 18 kids are not contractually obligated under US law. This is why its illegal per federal law to have sex or view any child sexually under the age of 18 because it destroys the sacred innocence of the child.

>. This is why its illegal per federal law to have sex or view any child sexually under the age of 18
It's not federal law...

>It's not federal law...
yea it is newfag, Im in Anonymous I know the law because I report anyone who breaks it to the FBI tips line.

so, you're saying that any movie that includes a child is taking a certain amount of risk because the child can back out of the deal at any time and not suffer consequences?

a rare home run where all the kids are good actors. Thats a lot to bank on, and most studios arent netflix and dont want to risk it

1. Being under the age of 18 makes you a huge liability on set. Your parents have to be around when you shoot any "questionable or explicit" content... etc.

2. Kid actors have less experience

Everyone always complains about this... but when I was a kid it never bothered me. High School kids seemed really old anyway, so I didn't care.

>so, you're saying that any movie that includes a child is taking a certain amount of risk because the child can back out of the deal at any time and not suffer consequences?
That is correct, also it is why that when there is a child rising star they keep using the same kids because they get a rep for following through with no hassle from the parentals. That is why in movies from different periods they all have the same kids.

This, the counterpoint to this would be The Phantom Menace, where they had the budget to do whatever the fuck they wanted and still got Jake Lloyd.

okay, interesting

Those Portuguese genes. Blonde dyed hair brings out more, too

all the teens were adults, tho

wrong post, mb

It breaks the suspension of disbelief a little bit when you see a nigga who's clearly 30+ worried if he'll get the chance to ask shaniqua out after he failed his English test and is in trouble with his folks.

cry more, pedo faggot

fucking baby raper!

They want sexy highschoolers while ironicly it is illegal for someone older than 18 to fuck. Sexy kids are socially unacceptable and people are dumb so it works i guess.

what if they just portray kids realistically

most kids aren't sexually active, since the ones that are usually wind up pregnant and in alternative school