Lost is the single greatest piece of media humanity has produced

Lost is the single greatest piece of media humanity has produced.

Does anyone have a collection of Sup Forums Lost verticals that they could post here right now in this very thread?

Thickness queen.

never seen a show with so many plotholes that's still so great that it doesn't matter

How much did the Kate episodes trigger /tv back in the day? Was triggering even a thing back then?

Reposting here, accidentally made a new thread please don't respond to that garbage

Lost interest after they opened hatch

I dropped it after they introduced the other islanders or whatever

dropped it just before the final series started
seemed like they were just making it up as they went along.

did they ever explain the statue with 4 toes ?

Fuck what's that movie called which has her and prime Angelina Jolie having lesbian sexing???

>seemed like they were just making it up as they went along.
They definitely were.

>did they ever explain the statue with 4 toes ?
It was a statue of the Egyptian god Tawaret, it was knocked down when the ship Richard (the immortal guy) arrived on crashed into it. The island periodically teleports around the world so presumably it appeared near the coast of Egypt at some point in the ancient past and they built a giant statue on it.

yes

Gia you dumb nig

it's always moving yet they need a wheel to move it

Same.
>"hey let's throw a bunch of random shit at the viewers we're never gonna bother to explain"
No.

jack episodes were worse, no one cared about STRONK WYMYM DUN NEED NO MAN

>Lost
That is not how you write it on Sup Forums.

It was definitely the best show to discuss on Sup Forums I give you that.

Well damn nigger, y didn't ya jes say so?

I thought season 1 was great. Loved it. On the edge of my seat every episode.

Somewhere in season 3 my interest dropped off steeply. I can't remember where but it went from a show I needed to watch live and talk about obsessively online doing all the arg shit to just "oh neat it's on"

Its always moving along a certain track/groove, the wheel causes it to jump tracks/grooves.

They didn't actually explain any of that. Just there was a statue on the island then richard crashed a ship into it. The statue wasn't actually consistent with any egyptian god.

nigger you can write anything you want any way you want anywhere you want. Fuck board culture and fuck you.

Yes you can. but you are basically proving that you are a massive newfag.

It was great but I don't know about that
Personally I'd put at least Hamlet and Paradise Lost above it

moar

Considering board culture is the bread and butter of newfags, that's a pretty odd thing to say.

Used to love those comics. And the Lost stuff in the Pokemon hardmode nuzlocke comics.

That makes no sense. How would a newfag even know board culture? Especially something related to a show so old.

Sure you can look up baneposting on knowyourmeme but it is more about subtle stuff like how you write it.
I genuinely just wanted to be helpful.

I think Nuzlocke still hangs out on Sup Forums from time to time.

BEADS?

the concept of board culture was literally invented by newfags to manufacture a criteria by which they could pretend to be something other than newfags.

Originally it was just called CANCER

It was great for memes.

fucking fuck off cancer

I don't think anyone on Sup Forums invented the concept of specific groups of people following similar behavior and having similar ideas.

Now you are being fucking retarded.
subtle.

>The statue wasn't actually consistent with any egyptian god.
True but it was intended to be Tawaret.

>YOU ALL EVERYBODY!

>I don't think anyone on Sup Forums invented the concept of specific groups of people following similar behavior and having similar ideas.

Yes, Sup Forums literally invented the idea that "everyone on Sup Forums needs to be x, y, and z." This attitude, when it originally popped up was referred to the cancer that is killing Sup Forums. Eventually the cancer grew to be larger than the "host," at that point it rebranded itself as "board culture." This was also about the same time the daily/hourly bot spam started on various boards.

Its literally the definition of culture.

You are huge idiot.

ohn locke with his daddy issues

>writers literally admitted they made it up as they went along with the show

yeah, no

And it killed what made Sup Forums great.

Sorry you weren't there to see anything but faggots wiggling their asses in specific patterns because everyone else was wiggling their asses in a specific pattern.

How long have you been here? I bet I have been here for longer.

1997 so please don't try and be tough

13 years

yes, I contemplate suicide at least once an hour.

Negro, he was not asking for your birth year.

Same here. It started 5 years in.

So why are you so against this place having a culture?

No wait it is 12 years for me.
I think I came here 2004

Because culture is a form of identity, anonymous poster.

It doesn't have to be.
So "anonymous culture" to you is an oxymoron?

Was this the best single piece of scene in golden era of Sup Forums?

do you fellow old guys also ponder what it is like for millennials, the people that have never experienced having to wait for a jpeg to load on your pentium 1 computer.

sometimes it took a minute for a picture of a tit to load. masturbation was so much more human back then

probably why Desmond lived in the underground computer room

don't call me negro, racist

what is the best vertical and why is it this one

We have to go back.

The kate episode one.

But go ahead and dump all verticals.

what happened to the polar bear

How is culture, by definition, not a form of identity?

How is "anonymous culture" not an oxymoron?

I bought into death TO the author a lot more completely than I should've, in retrospect, back in the day. As the (or at least, my) general idea of the internet as a force for positive social change in the world was the idea of stripping away all the bullshit people use to divide themselves from other people and allowing pure ideas, untainted and untaintable by the failings of the originator, to grow and spread.

Then the cancer started. Then it grew to be the dominate "culture." Then identity politics popped up. So that future I saw, for about an instant, where people got the fuck over themselves, not only vanished, the exact opposite took it's place.

Because the actor who play's sawyer only has one facial expression that, by pure fucking magic, can express any emotion context demands.

upvoted for awareness

that dog is dead now

>How is culture, by definition, not a form of identity?
Culture is the form of an identity of a group. Not of a single person.
It doesn't have to define.
>How is "anonymous culture" not an oxymoron?
Because there are things universal about groups of people online.

The fuck is wrong with you? I am serious here you have severe psychological issues about groups and humanity.
I don't know if you were bullied and that is why you hate the idea of culture so much but it is something INNATELY human.

You shouldn't talk to some random asshole online about this. Talk to a psychiatrist.

The vincent was played by multiple dogs. They're all dead now.

>Talk to a psychiatrist.

And get diagnosed as insane for wanting no part of a completely insane society that is so far up it's own ass it is literally eating itself.

I also remember when the internet wasn't completely saturated with normalfags, like yourself, to the point it started randomly squirting out into real life.

Well sorry this followed you here. If you want to opt out of society and humanity don't complain if humans don't like you.
Go live with the animals you edgy faggot.

Ironically, Lost was the most normalfag thing around in 2006, only beaten by Dan Brown and American Idol.

Well, I did tell you exactly what was wrong with me.

I thought the internet could make a better world. It just made a worse world. Or at least removed my ability to delude myself into thinking people in general were intelligent.

This is a fucking L O S T thread. what the hell are you even talking about? This is as normalfag as it gets.

remember when people claimed lost was killing Sup Forums and everyone laughed? Then lost ended and Sup Forums was a fucking wasteland?

Good times.

And you think you are better?
You sound exactly like every single teenager thinking the whole word is stupid.

I hope you are a teenager because if you are not you have stopped growing.

Yes, normals were all over trying to find hints to the answers that would tie the entire show together.

oh wait, they were watching it for the characters and to this day still convince themselves the show wasn't total garbage.

>Yes, normals were all over trying to find hints to the answers that would tie the entire show together.
I am not sure if you are being sarcastic. Because it reads like sarcasm but it is the absolute fucking truth.

It's funny/sad how you desperately retreat to the comfort of labels when faced with ideas completely against the mainstream.

are you a girl

If that were true, the big "lol we're just making shit up as we go" reveal wouldn't have resulted in as many people thinking "it was about the journey! kates my favorite character!"

No, I'm a misanthrope.

i like girls

But that is the biggest joke about your entire argument. You are complaining that I am not thinking like you. That you aren'T surrounded by likeminded people. You are missing your culture.
And you are aggressively projecting. You are the one calling me a normalfag.

And culture doesn't mean mainstream culture. Niche cultures are also cultures.
I am guessing you are a furry since you are so against human culture and seem to prefer something with lone wolves being independent. That is also a culture.

It's been so long since I've seen that fucking comic.

Nah dude, what I want is for you to do something other than ... whatever it is you're doing. To articulate some idea of your own, Instead of, I don't know, hiding behind psych 101, or whatever it is you're doing.

its been posted every day all summer.

But your ideas aren't unique either.
You want everyone to think for themselves. Wow! I have never heard that before. If so why do you desperately want me to agree with you?
What makes my ideas so different? Why do you think the source of mine is different than yours?

Also if your point is that you don't want me then you are proving that you also think this place has a culture. And according to you I don't fit in.
If you were truly were such a free thinker you wouldn't even be here. What even is the point of listening to other people if the entire core of your life psychology is to think for yourself and don't ever accept anything

>why do you desperately want me to agree with you?

What makes you think that? Point it out to me and I'll never do that again. Is it just the fact I'm posting at all?

Yes? What do you get out of this stupid discussion? Do you imagine yourself at a podium and everyone is supposed to learn from your superior ways about how to be a huge edgy faggot and not be part of humanity?

So your image of me, right now, is the exact opposite of the ideas I've been expressing.

That is my problem. I can't get any image. On the one hand you are arguing against culture but at the same time being a gatekeeper and saying I don't belong on here.

Those two ideas do not work for me at the same time.

> being a gatekeeper and saying I don't belong on here.

Negro I apologize from the bottom of my heart for implying at any point that anyone belongs on Sup Forums, or anywhere.

I was trying to say something along the lines of culture is a means by which people create criteria by which they belong... somewhere, and use that as a criteria for exclusion of others, to make themselves gatekeepers.

I'm not here. you're not here. No one is here.

Kids these days don't even know that Sup Forums was once /L O S T/

can we talk about eggs?

>>I was trying to say something along the lines of culture is a means by which people create criteria by which they belong... somewhere, and use that as a criteria for exclusion of others, to make themselves gatekeepers.
Yes.
It is so INNATELY human that even you can't escape it.

That is how we evolved and survived. How we became the dominant species on this planet. Being against culture is like being against breathing.
Do you think you alone could've slain a mammoth?

Its the source of language it is the source of this website.

I am not saying you can't think what you think about culture. It is just insane to then go to a social website. And yes. This might not be facebook but functionally it is the same.

>its innate, you can't escape it
Here I am. Not doing it. Successfully escaping it. As were most people who were on Sup Forums before the cancer started trying to create a criteria of exclusion for others.

I guess what I'm trying to get at, is something like image related. Except instead of a pipe, its the internet or the Sup Forums. And instead of "this is not a pipe," its "this is not a community/society/culture." For the internet/Sup Forums look like a community/society/culture, and in some respects even acts like a community/society/culture, but it isn't one. It's lacking all the physical realities that necessitated the creation of community/culture/society for basic survival in the first place. So imprinting the framework of community/culture/society upon it is insane.

Its late, I'm old, I'm tired, I want to kill myself.

>Here I am. Not doing it
Yes you are.
You are telling me I should think like you. You are telling me how you think. You are using language. Even specific language to Sup Forums.

If you are truly escaping it. Stop replying. Close your browser. Close your computer. Go live in the woods and never meet another human again.

You are just as part of culture as I am. Sure Sup Forums is counter culture but it still a culture.

>You are telling me I should think like you.

... at this point I just seem to be doing nothing but setting myself up for further disappointment and despair, in truly unexpected ways, out of pure masochism.

But hey, I did say I was a misanthrope.

What is the point of arguments if not to convey ideas and convince people?

Actual misanthropes would not seek out human interaction like you do. Actual misanthropes would not come to Sup Forums and take part in conversations.
You think you are but you are not.