Burgers, tell me about Dixiestan

Burgers, tell me about Dixiestan
Why do they fly this flag? Is it a nationalist symbol like the Red Ensign here in Canada?

its a reminder...

>Why do they fly this flag?
autism

Expression of identity and Southern heritage

Sometimes paired with the Gadsden Flag to express dissatisfaction with the government, other times used by teens as edgy symbol

inb4 racism

At this point, probably because it 'triggers' all the right people: liberals, blacks, SJWs, the media, etc.

Nostalgia for a past that cannot be returned to and as a representation of Southern cultural uniqueness.

It's a way to express nostalgia for a time when traitors took up arms against their own nation to preserve the institution of chattel slavery.

small minded and only care about themselves
they think freedom implies responsibility and tribal think

The southern USA looks like a fun place desu
>tfw you will never go to a family BBQ where everyone is watching a monster truck rally, a WWE PPV, and a NASCAR race at the same time

>responsibility
irresponsibility

unironically true
calicuck tears sustain me through tax season
t. georgia

>don't try to take away my freedom to take away someone else's freedom!

Anti-intellectual, materialistic, gluttonous, collectivist, squanderous, indulgent, ignorant, lazy, mush-mouthed, illiterate, and packed to the brim with niggers

why don't you ask in our general instead of starting yet another shitfest about this tired topic

>flag
Did you succeed from the union again?

They fly that flag because we didn't hang the traitors when we had the chance, like any other country would have at the time

>succeed
better not be one of them frog cunts there m8

>the people hanging this flag are the ones who consider themselves the biggest patriots
>the flag of a treasonous and failed government

I hate living here

>Asking Y*nks about the flag

It's about southern culture and identity, has little to do with the civil war these days.

monster trucks died out with ppv, nascar is actually pretty boring and really horrible to experience based on me going to dover downs a couple of times.

They're still upset that they lost the race war

I wish Wisconsin would get some balls and secede from the Union and take the UP with it.

The flag of closet traitors.

>inb4 racism

it is normally flown by racists but for non-racist reasons

Even if it doesn't it's a pretty stupid fucking choice considering that the flag is the flag of a failed state. Southern culture is all about stupidity and accepting failure so I guess that's okay.

Southerners love blacks, absolutely adore black cock. In fact, most Southern white are at least part black.

They want to go back to a period where they could force black slaves to live with them and fuck their wives whenever they wanted. They actually wanted to import more black slaves into the US because they just couldn't get enough of black males. This is obvious as most of Southern culture and identity is heavily influenced by blacks (banjo, religiosity, fried foods, music etc.).

Actually it wasn't the flag of the failed state but whatever fits your narrative

Oh, my bad. It was the flag of the army of a failed state. Still associated with failure. Go back to fucking your cousin Cletus

feel free to leave commie
the confederate flag is a symbol of americana

>feel free to leave
>his backwater shithole actually tried that
>lost fucking badly
>forced back into the fold
>worst place to live in america

kill yourself my man

>treasonous government

Would you not agree the American Revolution was just as treasonous? What gives it more legitimacy than the Confederates' cause?

I'm a yankee, but I really don't get why people are so asshurt about the confederate flag. Even black people. This flag is apart of American history and for some it is apart of their heritage. It's sad to me when Louisiana starts taking down confederate statues and things. It's like we're willingly destroying our history and culture, and for what? To appease a bunch of angry leftists, blacks, virtue signalers? Makes me angry 2bqh. It's ridiculous that people think this flag is inherently racist. This flag is what gives a people its cultural identity. Why ruin that? So we can all be one hive mind? Yuck.

>our history and culture
Literally the opposite. Confederates literally sought to destroy that.

How did they seek to destroy that? You could apply the same thing to the union too right?

>what gives it more legitimacy that the Confederates' cause?

Because the American Revolution wasn't just about owning niggers disguised as muh states' rights

>What gives it more legitimacy than the Confederates' cause?
We won.

WE

WUZ

MORAL CRUSADERS N SHIET

It's used to romanticize a conflict in which rich landowners declared independence in order to retain their power by forcing poor white men to fight and die so they could keep their slaves and not have to pay people for labor.

Neither was the Southern secesion

What else was it about, then? The North had given up every single concession to the South over slavery. The South's economy was fucking feudal and they had all the freedom over how they wanted to control their people until the national government decided that it was (rightly) a morally reprhensible institution.

>every concession

Except for those that would allow the South to prosper economically like low tariffs. The South's economy was based on its climate.

>national government decided

Had no business deciding.

>Except for those that would allow the South to prosper economically like low tariffs.

They had no obligation to do that. Slavery was being phased out in every other part of the world and it wasn't the North's fault that the South failed to industrialize.

>Had no business deciding.
Yes they did. Slavery was a national issue from day one. The founding fathers agreed to stop importing slaves by 1808, that was a national law. That's precedence m8. There was a law that stated that any runaway slave had to be returned to its owner. I don't see why slavery itself can't be an issue given the context of federal laws regarding slavery over state boundaries.

>They had no obligation to do that.
>muh industry

Then the South had no obligation to stay in an Union that failed to support its economic model.

>I don't see why slavery itself can't be an issue given the context of federal laws regarding slavery over state boundaries.

Because this was an intra-state issue

SOUTHERN WOMEN CANT RESIST BBC

>the national government decided that it was (rightly) a morally reprhensible institution
yank education is a sorry sight
sometimes I wonder if you people realize that southerners are often less racist than you