Are SJWs ruining Star Trek?

Are SJWs ruining Star Trek?

Other urls found in this thread:

flic.kr/s/aHsm5idGfC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are insecure nerds bitching about something irrelevant again?

i sure op not, but i've lost a a lot of hope. SJW's cant make anything, they just take other people's things and declare them theirs. funny thing is Janeway already existed plus a bunch of strong female characters

ah yes because Star Trek was once a true bastion of masculinity and conservatism

>Are SJWs ruining Star Trek?

You need to ask?

star trek has always been an SJW platform
>the second in command for the pilot was a woman at a time that women were expected to be housewives
>had a woman on the bridge crew at a time that women were expected to be housewives
>had multiracial bridge crew including a nigger at a time when blacks and whites weren't allowed to use the same public facilities in some parts of the US
>had a Russian on the bridge crew at a time that the US and Russia were waging proxy wars against each other

Probably, They seep into and ruin everything else.

Star Trek was the first show to push multiculturalism, an interracial kiss, gay characters, lesbo kiss, etc etc etc.

You name it, they were first, bc Star Trek had the excuse that it was aliens, and pure fantasy.

Star Trek created SJWs, not the other way around,

Hate it break it to you OP but Star Trek was always an SJW show. Gene Roddenberry is practically the original SJW. Get the fuck over it.

Star Trek has always been sjw territory. You must only like the new shit movies

Lol, like a blind nigger chief engineer was taking it too far?

Here's your (you), now go home. You've been fed for the day.

The new movies made Sulu a faggot, which even faggot George Takei opposed.

Star Trek has always been proggressive so what's the problem?

What's your point?

And all those things were there to make a point.
Here with this new show it seems more like they are just checking boxes on a form. Not breaking any new ground.

Fuckin kek, came here to post something similar. I mean, they had the first interracial kiss, which in the context of the plot was forced, but they were still pushing the boundaries in their day.

Really the worst part is that it's another fucking prequel.

they're ruining everything dude

SJWs have turned Hollywood and most media into a moronic shithole. Why should Star Trek be an exception?

how about a Eugenics War series that is set in the 1990s?

Someone didn't grow up with the original series.

Yes, but tbh star trek has been dead for years.

Well, they fucked themselves as far as the future because it all becomes time cop, apparently. Who gives a shit about plot when you can just time travel at will to fix shit? And battling time travel factions is just too confusing.

Wow, a dystopian future war movie. How original.

People actually like startrek...........

>a dystopian historical war movie
FTFY

I could suggest having a cat on the crew to support animal inclusion, but we already had worf so...
How about make Scotty into a scat exhibitionist, should help them break some new ground there. And he's an engineer so it fits.

Nigga, Data had Spot already.

True... Maybe have them discover a planet entirely populated by transgenders.
Should give kirk a surprise.

The lack of will to have a trans Captain shows Star Trek is now conservitard horse shit.

Baity McBait, the biggest bait creator in all the land.

>having a cat on the crew
meow meow tell me more about how Star Trek has excluded cats meow

They already had the Trill. Star Trek was uber SJW a long long time ago.

and that tri-gendered planet

Literally who the fuck cares? Not like their banking on Discovery being a mega success.

yeah but the worry is they will go out of the way to cram it down your throat the captain and first mate are female

Did you forget this planet where the genderless bitch was shunned by her people for identifying as a female?

>they are just checking boxes on a form
of course they are
they are putting out a low risk show with an established fan base
at this point fan service is more important than making a point

The captain is a man.

Gene Rodenberry was all about diversity and inclusion you gay fucking nigger.

Look at these crazy ass costume designs and then you tell me.

flic.kr/s/aHsm5idGfC

Those are fucking Klingons!

oh? im confused all I saw was chicks in the promos

You sound like a pussy.

>Oh but mah Janeway.

Kill yourself faggot.

Why not, they already destroyed starwars

At least she was fixed at the end.

Yeah, the promos all make it look like Michelle Yeoh is the captain, but this guy is.

Ofc, it's to drum up dumb controversial media and at the same time attract a bigger audience than 18-50 year old males

dude what the goddamn fuck?

fuck, talk about downplay. the wiki article just has an "oh yeah he's the captain" and like three sentences on the chick.

id's say were fucked and the captain is gonna be the fall guy

He gets killed, she takes over as captain.

the black chick was raised by spocks dad, making her his "half sister".

So they just keep shooting out siblings for spock.

But it takes place in the "prime universe" they keep saying.

Because television is run by a bunch of filthy revisionist kikes.

Gotta say, in the old Star Trek/ST:TNG/DS9/Voyager/etc, you didn't run into a lot of people with Berg or Stein in their name. Maybe it truly was a utopia.

ITT: whiny alt-right fucktard insecure about their fragile masculinity. Keep fighting for trivial bullshit, numbnuts.

blah blah wah wah the phantom menagerie sucks wah wah jar jar bings is lame

when are you virginal star wars faggots gonna stfu

No. The god awful writing is. The captain of the Discovery could be a transgender Mexican for all I care as long as the writing is good and, well, those trailers do not fill me with hope.

"My purpose is to sense the coming of death. I sense it now."

Jesus Christ who the fuck is writing this shit?

yes

>female captains before ST:TOS

Wasn't the last episode of TOS about how women couldn't be space captains? Or how it was super difficult or something like that?

I fucking lose it on the rpg guy every time

They say it was the first inter-racial kiss but if you watch the scene, it's a hardly even a kiss. Shatner keeps his lips back and they block the act with Nichelle Nichols" head. I think they were hedging their bets and pussed out at the last minute in case of blowback.

Star Trek was always about social justice. Do you just watch to see space ships and lazers or do you actually pay attention to the dialogue?

they ruin everything that is interesting, so yeah, probably

>Jesus Christ who the fuck is writing this shit?
that is the sjw effect, social mission takes precedence over writing/story/acting

yes, it was the reason she swapped bodies with kirk, so she could have a chance to be captain of a starship

star trek is proper gay m8
come round here talking shit about kling kongs and u will get fuckin rekt

Wow, that's a hell of a sense. I wonder if there's a species that can sense other arbitrary events.

"My species can sense the coming of rape. I sense it now"

"My species can sense the coming of pooping. I sense it now"

They wanted so hard to do something for the 50th anniversary. And they failed so spectacularly.

The last season is when the network was trying to push capitalism and Gene Roddenberry said fuck this and the show went to shit.

even i can sense the poop
its why im going to the bathroom

Well, at least they didn't let women be captain.

admiral nechayev was a perfect example of what you get when you let a woman be in charge. A tryhard cold bitch who thinks she has to be a hardass to "keep up in a mans world".

I can't sense poop. That's why i'm doing a single load of laundry.

I love how easy it is to bait you faggots.

Yeah and she's awesome and Picard grows a deep respect for her.

ah yes baiting is the newest autism

How the fuck are these things Klingon?

My purpose is to sense the coming of Jeff

I sense it now

>That face when Seth MacFarlane makes a show that's more Star Trek than Star Trek

No. He hates her till the end. Because she's a tryhard.

idk
looks like a transition between ToS and every other Klingon
the species was infected with a virus during Enterprise that caused them to appear less Klingon and more human
as Discovery takes place shortly after Enterprise it makes sense that the Klingons don't look quite like Klingons from any other series

at least more african american actors will be in work

I can even accept the switch in looks. They did the same between TOS and The Motion Picture, and cleaned it up some throughout TNG.

But the costume/ships/and society was pretty well established and they're changing that all around.

If this was them saying it was the kelvin timeline or even another timeline/universe, i'd be fine with it. But they're trying to say it's cannon to the regular universe. It's just sorta a fuck you to the fans.

They had to know this backlash was coming. You're talking about a group of people who have been nit-picking obsessive over this show for the last 50 years. So they're basically just ignoring that and saying it's for a new audience, like they did with the films. Fast and the Furious in space.

I'm interested
but worried that it will be ruined by MacFarlane's go to device of non sequitur scenes that made me hate Family Guy and not even give American Dad and the Cleveland Show a chance

As someone who has grown to loathe Family Guy, I actually really like American Dad. Cleveland Show made me wanna vomit, though.

Klingon from the Scott Bakula Enterprise

Exactly this. Even a parody of it has more heart and is truer to the original vision than the new series.

Brightly lit sets. Ensemble cast, etc.

But no. because drama, it's gotta be lit only by the screens and minimal lighting. In every fucking movie/tv show now, everything is dimly lit. You have to sit in the dark with the brightness jacked up to see fucking anything.

No, because Star Trek has ALWAYS been about social justice, from the very beginning.

I know there are lots of conservative and libertarian Trekkies. I don't know why. The show is against everything they stand for.

I really liked american dad. It had some rough patches early, but it really matured well. I'd say it was a better show by far than Family Guy.

Cleveland show was always shit. Nobody gives a shit about black people.

If OTHER people write it. And NOT him, it might have a chance. We've seen what can happen when he tries to write a live action piece

Roddenberry originally wanted a female captain, played by Majel Barrett. The network refused.

Hasn't Star Trek been anti-capitalist since the very beginning?

They're always talking about "we're so advanced we don't even use money anymore."

They're communist, right?

yes, and they got the look-like-human virus during bakula era, and they should KEEP looking that way through the kirk era, until whatever unknown event happened to make worf look like a lobster shell, even though he's half human

>this thread

they can't make up their mind - quark is constantly chasing shekels

They just liked it for the ships and lasers. This thread is full of those people who are just now realizing the political and social message Star Trek has had since the beginning.

And they were right. What was the worst Trek? Voyager. Female tryhard captain. Always broke the prime directive. Plays the hardass. Worst. Captain. Ever.

Female captain for the sake of a female captain.

Gene Roddenberry was a Godless communist. Died in the wool, but they toned done the levels of Anti-religion and Anti-capitalism he wanted. Otherwise they wouldn't have been able to sell the show to begin with

I wouldn't so much call them communist as a post-scarcity society
everything is so readily available that it costs effectively nothing allowing people to pursue their interests full time rather than work to afford their interests
the high energy output of anti-matter reactors, replicators, and holodecks are strong indications of this
there are people that still engage in venture capitalism (Mudd being the prime example), they seem to do it because they like venture capitalism rather than for the accumulation of wealth

They were till DS9 when they started sneaking money in.

And the game, ST:O, everything is money based.

Just like roddenberry envisioned

>Implying anything is worse than Enterprise.

So, are the crab people Klingons the ones that Worf "Didn't want to Talk about"?

>whatever unknown event happened
you mean Torres going back in time and letting her unborn child be the basis for a cure?

Yes.

Game of Thrones as done the SJW thing pretty well because the characters are interesting and it makes me not care about the lesbo fest.

Star wars did it wrong. Mary Sue characters that are boring as hell.

Let's hope Star Trek remains star trek, which by the way as been SJW since the 60's.