>All Star Trek Series
>All Stargate series
>Babylon 5
>BSG
>Farscape
>All Dr. Who (Even Old Who)
>Red Dwarf
>Firefly

Is that everything? Do I have to turn to books now? Why are there so few good sci-fi shows?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qEe0kzyFOyU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There's dark matter and the expanse. And movies of course. I recommend Event Horizon and Blade Runner.

>dark matter and the expanse

Second.

Dark Matter has a lot of girls and I'm afraid I'll get depressed watching it as a lesbian man.

>dark matter
>killjoys
>the expanse

or if your happy to go old school
>blakes seven 10/10
>original bsg 8/10

Space: Above and Beyond.
Lexx

Sliders

>Space: Above and Beyond
that looks fun but it also looks like it gets canceled without any kind of conclusion.

please tell me I'm wrong it does look like its worth watching

It was a Fox sci fi. You can make a pretty safe bet as to the answer to your question. Only got one season out of a planned five.

Still well worth watching though. The CGI may be dated, but it's not terrible. It feels like it's about half Starship Troopers, half Battlestar Galactica. Plus, one episode has Coolio as a guest star.

>half Starship Troopers, half Battlestar Galactica.

thats the impression I got from the synopsis might give it a go anyway then deal with the disappointment of cancellation by sperging threads here

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

Fringe

The Expanse will be the next big thing in Sci Fi.

If "all Dr. Who" doesn't include Torchwood you've got that to check out. Had it ups and downs, but I found it overall enjoyable, and the third series is fucking excellent (much thanks to Capaldi's acting as well).

Going to give another "vote" for The Expanse and Dark Matter. The former could become one of the definitive sci-fi classics if executed right, the potential is definitely there. Dark Matter is more like what SGU should've been, closer to Farscape than BSG and with a pretty episode story structuring.

>a pretty episode story structuring.
Episodic, I meant to type. Stories are fairly contained in the style of Stargate unlike something like BSG where absolutely nothing happens and they drag it across the whole series.

The only season worth watching is 3, you can just skip the rest completely, fuck it was awful.

Season three was gold and came out of fucking nowhere

Watch Twilight Zone if you haven't already. It explores some great concepts and much of it has aged surprisingly well.

I hope so, have you read the books by any chance? do you know if the series can be done in 3 or 4 seasons?

Robotech
youtube.com/watch?v=qEe0kzyFOyU
>inb4 not muh original Macross edit
most censored scenes were replaced for Robotech Remastered and any other changes are minimal dialogue choices at worst. Besides the audio cues are way way better in Robotech over Macross.

You're probably right, but I nevertheless enjoyed the series. Might've been pretty sci-fi starved at the time of watching those blurays.

I'm not sure if series 3 works in total isolation, but probably considering it's like a mini-series in format. It's definitely one that shouldn't be missed.

Unrelated to the above Torchwoodposting, but I've never gotten into Trek and quite frankly the ugly-ass alien designs have kept me away from giving it a chance. I've watched and loved everything else that OP lists.

Should I get over myself and dive into it?

>I've watched and loved everything else that OP lists.
Allow me to correct myself, I fucking hated that trash BSG.

>I'm not sure if series 3 works in total isolation
combined with knowing dw it would prob be fine, but idk for sure since I slogged through that shit, their was one or two good ones but it was overall just fucking terrible

yes watch ST of course goes without saying

Two good series that come to mind are Space Above and Beyond and Alien Nation

>Alien Nation
That's the one which is kind of a cross between District 9 and a police procedural drama right? And the aliens get drunk/high off spoiled milk don't they?

>Alien Nation
another cancelled show, I'm starting to remember why I never watched these

Yep, that's the one

Starhunter. It stars the cutie that had her skin torn off by pyramid head in Silent Hill. Aside from the bad cgi it wasn't too bad.

And 1% of the "men" have two penises.
>Albert.
>spoilers.

>yes watch ST of course goes without saying
Would you say one should start at a particular series, or is any one a good entry point? I've watched a few episodes of TNG on TV while waiting for Stargate reruns to start airing, and it seemed pretty fun, so I was thinking of starting out there - saving DS9 for later. Am I good to go?

start with TNG at like season 3, watch from there. If you like it try DS9, then voyager, then TOS, then ENT.
There are some good episode guides out there if you want to skip some but I ended up watching all of them.

TOS is a good starting point, but it is a product of a different generation, and it shows. A lot of people can't seem to handle it. TNG is pretty weak for the first two seasons, but a good starting point, or following point if you do watch TOS. Then watch DS9. Voyager and Ent after that if you still want more Trek.

Perversions of Science

andromeda and the expanse m8

Man you are missing one of the best. Only one season but total recall the 99 series was awesome

Cancelled yoo soon but Odyssey 5

>Ive seen
>>All Star Trek Series
>>All Stargate series
>>Babylon 5
>>BSG
>>Farscape
>>All Dr. Who (Even Old Who)
>>Red Dwarf
>>Firefly
If there isn't an international nerd committee that awards medals for this, someone should start it.

Honestly though, I think you're at a point where only outliners and new series remain, so while Expanse I can say is probably up your alley if you enjoyed the rest, I'd recommend you look into either starting to watch movies, or reading books.
H.G. Wells is tons of fun. While there are glaring huge holes in the science that goes into most of his stuff, there's interesting logic to everything he does based on what he could reasonably know at the time. Plus he literally wrote a serious Sci-Fi story that is Dude Where's My Car? in space. It's great. First Men in The Moon if you're wondering.
Also try Verne less camp, but still more in line with the style of the TV shows you mentioned than say Stanislav Lem's His Master's Voice.

Hyperdrive is worth a watch if you like Red Dwarf

The thing about TOS is that it is actually closer in tone to the Twilight Zone than the later trek series. Shares a lot of the same writers and actors too.

That was pretty good one.

I'm really late to reply but thanks for your input! Looking forward to diving into this.

How about you watch movies, not just tv series?

Did you see Dune?

Dark Matter is very 'outer spacy'
Fringe
Continuum
Orphan Black
The 100
Sense8
Person of Interest
Lost
Wayward Pines

Dark Angel

>Event Horizon
Seconded

So many episodes are still relevant too.

Children of Earth is definitely the best of Torchwood, mainly because Capaldi's acting raises it above the average sci-fi.

Sci fi seems to do better in tv series. Gives more time to world build and explore ideas

>watching it as a lesbian man
>lesbian man
wat

The 4400 was pretty great at the start. It slowly went off the rails but it's worth watching

You should go grab some old scifi short story compilation novels from the 50s/60s/70s. Not exactly film I know but you should definitely do it.

Also sci-fi isn't just spaceships and stuff.

Sci-fi is pretty dead as a genre right now, because it tends to only ever explore very simple scenarios - aliens and raycism, a galactic threat, utopia and those. Technology is almost always the same.

I expect in the next decade or so we'll see a sci-fi show go as big as GoT and bring sci-fi to the mainstream.

>Continuum
Loved that show. A shame they turn so many of the 'terrorists' into actual badguys. I liked the greyness of the characters. And it has lexa doig so of course I'm going to watch it.

Speaking of her. Andromeda is pretty great. Its created by gene roddenberry and is kind of like a future after the federation has fallen

>Dr. Who
i only saw some episodes where Tannen was Dr Who. (was that a restarted series?) anyway, i think that was alright, but other incarnations felt too cringey/child-horror-ish.

Earth: Final Conflict

Fringe is actually the best show I've ever seen

best girl?

no

oh shit, i somehow managed to forget about her
and now thanks to you my heart is broken again

My fav show

does this count as sci fi?

>Cringe
i hate that guy

I hope not