Is this a new trend where over the hill rock stars kill themselves in order to get one last gasp of relevance?

Is this a new trend where over the hill rock stars kill themselves in order to get one last gasp of relevance?

maybe

rip

Chris Cornell was doing just fine. The drugs told him to kill himself.

Hopefully.

Got money on Gerard Way next

He was going through a divorce. If it were the drugs alone he would have probably passed away in the nineties.

>Dead
>Relevant
Not how it works for bands without any substance to begin with.

Was he? Damn, that's rough. Bet she feels like shit.

Being a huge rockstar must be intoxicating, so when you lose that attention it must be really hard. So it could be a factor.

At the same time, it seems like Cornell's drugs were fucking with him.

Also, have you heard the new LP songs? They're literally pandering electropop. I have to wonder if Chester felt embarrassed, like he'd lost his way.

Killing yourself over a divorce is even more pathetic.

I bet he wished he'd killed himself before it came out.

Isn't he doing great though? He just became fat

I would actually bet against it. He strikes me as the same kind of selfish dick as Billy Corgan, and for some reason people like that tend to live long, comfortable lives.

well, he didn't necessary kill himself "over" the divorce exactly but it could be the last straw that makes someone lose hope if they're depressed to start with

i remember seeing a tweet from him complaining about his fans only remembering his older stuff and well fuck him he always tried to be famous by hopping on trends instead of evolving as an artist

gen xers had rough upbringers. They might see themselves as not making the same impact as they did 20 years ago. A new generation comes around and halfway rejects them. Gen-x made fun of the past generation as well. There will be another rebellious generation but now is a generation to protect western invasion from muslims instead of listening to heavy metal. As a person who loves gen-x
I consider me a x/y

like new tech but like the entertainment from the 1990s more.

I actually seen a few interviews with him and he seemed like a cool guy.

Probably due to the inability to see flaws in themselves. Self depreciation is a double edged sword

they're trying to escape the day of the rope

the black sun of september, you know what I mean

what

Someone tell Nickelback

That theory works for nu metal, but it seems like people hold grunge in pretty high regard.

I think you're right about the next generations, though. Gen Z is expected to be more conservative because they grew up in the post-9/11 era, but the generation after that is projected to be more globally interconnected, so it would make sense for them to be rebellious. It would also make sense for the 10s to be an era for new underground movements to brew in preparation for a new alternative take over in pop music, like what happened with beat culture in the 50s that led to Hippies, or hardcore/metal/EDM/hip hop in the 80s, which led to 90s alternative.

chad doesn't have the suicide option in his contract, he's trapped here with us for eternity

>Chester was very close with Chris Cornell, who himself committed suicide by hanging in May. Today would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday. Chester wrote an open letter to Chris on the day of Chris' suicide.

>He had said in the past he had considered committing suicide because he had been abused as a child by an older male.

Child abuse
Monarch programming

All the clues are there. Do you really think that famous celebrities are miserable drug addicts for no reason?

the pendulum always switches back and forth i think that this generation will be conservative just like the 1940s are to defend their own all livelyhoods. The gen-x was about exposing corruption
rebellion
swear words and vulgar and crude behaviour
taboo subjects that should not be talking about
do it yourself.
emotional anger release and overcoming the faults and bonding with those who are suffering.
it was a tribal generation
goth generation
lost generation

I think the rebellion will be against govts but thats it.
and it will be temporary as the unity of every country will need to happen
if you oppose you will be shot down
The collapse of society needs to happen. And a new build up
everyone will be happy for a generation but the grandkids of the gen-x x/y will probably be rebellious again.

the music of now reminds me of 1980s glam
a love for the 1980s
joke and silly music
and the softing of music as wlel
indie is blowing up
total difference

i think it just shows that humanity needs another goal besides getting money and consumeristic goods.

gen-x was super anti consumerism

Go on...

you don't get into Valhalla by suicide

That's what they said about Elvis and Morrison.

Fact. Assholes live longer. By that reasoning, I will live to be 150 years old.

HE KILLED HIM
MELON SHIT ON HIS ALBUM WHICH DROVE CHESTER TO KHS