Why don't americans celebrate anzac day?

why don't americans celebrate anzac day?

Cringe
I'm sick of north islanders trying to emulate australians by making shitty ripoffs of aussie memes

t.foreigner that doesnt realize kiwis were anzacs

>unironically replying to the Sup Forumscuck who has literally and unironically admitted to being 17
what did he mean by this?

I know we were ANZACs, and I'm not a foreigner
If you could read, I was obviously implying that OP was ripping off the australian easter? meme
OP is a typical north islander who can't make original memes and resorts to ripping off australians

You must be paranoid thinking every kiwi poster on Sup Forums is that Sup Forumsack

>I'm not a foreigner
I know for a fact that this is NOT true

>celebrating dying for another country's war

truly cuck

It's not a celebration
It's a day to remember how the Brits forced us to be slaughtered by climbing up cliffs only to be fired down by Turk machine guns
This went on for 9 months, and incompetent leaders like Winston Churchill refused to let us invade Gallipoli from a strategic location
Every kiwi kid learns this at school every year

>turning up in 1917
wew

Celebrating ANZAC's contributions to war would be like the US celebrating Vietnam War day.

Britain and Russia were getting BTFO by Germans until America showed up
Germans would have won WW1 and would have conquered Europe if it wasn't for America
Didn't you learn this in school?

> he doesnt realise all his country does is fight other countries wars

Read Plus you guys won Vietnam, hippies made the government pull out

t. kevin dimaggio

That and we announced our presence on the global stage. We kind of stayed inside for most of our history, killing Native Americans and shit until those two years in WWI and Wilson's 13 points but us not joining the League of Nations.

>he doesn't realize that we manufacture our own crises

>realize
I don't get it? did you just make up a word??

>Celebrating andsnack day
Count me in, can't believe we don't celebrate it already

What is anzac day? did you just make it up?

>being this petty
Half my teachers back at school used American spelling

Why don't you celebrate the 4th of July?

Dude, not cool. Gallipoli was possibly the most fucked up, brutal, god-awful campaign of the Great War, and the strayacunts and kiwis acquitted themselves very well there. They went into it with essentially no martial tradition, and came out of it with a global reputation as fearless, deranged ironmen. Practically overnight the ANZACs gained a reputation on par with the French Foreign Legion, the US Marines, the Ghurkas, and made themselves a name to conjure by when the topic of terrifying badass lunatics comes up.

Shit on them 364 days a year, but when April 24th rolls around, you show them some goddamn respect. They were on our team, they did good work for our team, and we want to honor them for their contribution, because we may need them on our team again the next time we need to kill a bunch of sandniggers.

Thankyou for understanding why kiwis and aussies have extreme respect for the ANZACs in Gallipoli