Scaruffi on Linkin Park

>Los Angeles' Linkin Park, fronted by singer Chester Bennington and rapper Mike Shinoda, were the most successful band of rap-metal, thanks to Hybrid Theory (2000), a textbook in how to turn teenage angst into the musical equivalent of fast food.
is he right?

Yes

for the first time I fully agree with him

>Meteora (2003) and Minutes to Midnight (2007) continued to sell despite reducing the rap element. By the end of the decade, they had sold more than 50 million copies of their albums.

Yes but why is it wrong to be an angsty teenager and blast some shitty edgy music anyway? What are they supposed to do, just tell the chemicals in their brains to fuck off and not cause angst?

Yes. They were created by a record label.

Who said anything about it being wrong?

don't get angry man

it's just a egoistical guy's opinion with a website titled 'Piero Scaruffi's Knowledge base'

don't take him that seriously and listen to whatever the fuck you want dude

You sound like you'd be the worst in real life.

You can listen to good teenage angst music like Another Brick in the Wall

If this is true then it's not surprising

Scaruffi likes Husker Du and The Replacements. He's not against teenage angst. He's just against a very simplified commercial version of it.

>a wop having taste music
Does this guy still pretend to be computer scientist? I remember coming across a presentation he gave on Youtube about AI and he knew jack shit, the level of posturing was pretty embarrassing.

Would teenagers in the moment of experiencing the angst be able to discern fast food from proper nutrition? Or is it all hindsight?

>simplified commercial
>implying Husker Du and The Replacements are more complex than LP
can buy the commercial part, but both of those bands produced the most generic and simplistic 90's musics

>he thinks those two bands are from the 90s

my bad, though they still sound like generic 90's rock

>Adrenaline and Around The Fur were instant hits for a generation that consumes and burns melodic grunge like cocacola, but hardly left a mark on the genre. With White Pony (Maverick, 2000) Deftones achieved a sound that is both classical and subversive. Drummer Abe Cunningham and bassist Chi Cheng make up a forceful and subtle rhythm section. Guitarist Stephen Carpenter and DJ Frank Delgado add color to vocalist Chino Moreno's passionate outbursts. The sinister, sick, deformed howl of Felticeira, mixed with waves of guitar distortions, the titanic cry of Passenger, immersed in the sound of bomber-like guitars, not to mention psychodramas like Rx Queen and especially Change, carefully balance dynamics and violence, hypnotic beats and atmospheric guitars, neurotic noises and mellow vocals. The grindcore spasm of Elite and the punk-rock vehemence of Street Carp and the crashing grunge of Korea attest the underlying desperation. The closing Pink Maggit sounds like a kid alone in his bedroom, daydreaming and sobbing in the dark.
>The catchy brutality of the music is matched by profound and erudite lyrics that deal with alienation and the meaning of life. Where Korn and Tool are fundamentally teenager music, Deftones are adult philosophers.
>By those standards, the quiet, eerie Digital Bath, sung like in a dream, is a ballad, the intensely emotional Back To School is a church hymn, and the whispered, relaxed, futuristic lullaby Teenager is the track of another band, perhaps a prelude to Moreno's solo future.

Scaruffi has good taste in even fucking nu metal.

You're clueless. Listen to Let it Be and Zen Arcade

He also gave SOAD two 7's (Toxicity and Mesmerize)

Other than "Unsatisfied" not impressed, though The Replacements are far far better Husher Douche

autistic scaruffi cuck SEETHING

>90s
Lol retard

back you go reddit spacer

Linkin Park was a teenage music

so what

Its shitty but I listened to it anyways. It was better than britney at that time.

I'm glad he's dead :^)

see

fuck off, I have been here since 2007

>the most successful band of rap-metal
Isn't that Rage Against the Machine's achievement?

When is he ever wrong?

RATM never had a Diamond album

That's pretty surprising given how popular their debut was, but alright
Still gonna say they're better than Linkin Park