"Why don't we just... Wait here for a little while; see what happens."

>"Why don't we just... Wait here for a little while; see what happens."

MacReady was the Thing, wasn't he?

Other urls found in this thread:

clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well?

I like to think It was MacReady and Childs realization that they were both unsure of the other being the only ones left, but without any hope of survival anyway they figured if either was the thing they were already done for anyway

Where were you, Childs?

The one thing that sticks in my mind after watching it again is that despite following macready throughout the film there is a time when we lose trace of macready as well as childs. Everyone assumes that because Macready is sort of the "protag" he has plot armor. Is there any evidence to show that he could not in fact be suspect like everyone else?

Is the Thing smart enough to drink whiskey by itself, unprovoked?

He passed the blood test after the finding of his undies and the "losing trace" due to his being locked out in the storm.

That is what i thought so nothing after the blood test?

Well they were both gonna die up there regardless. Whoever wasn't the thing should just kill the other to make sure that the Thing couldn't get frozen and survive.

This is the ONLY logical take away from the scene and it was beautifully designed and shot by Carpenter. Everyone is so damned accustomed to having every fucking thing wrapped up neatly for them at the end of a movie that they freak when there's some ambiguity. it ADDS to the enjoyment, and makes you want to see more. Just leave it the fuck alone with all these threads, you autists.

He's alone with Norris and Windows when they're both Thing.

I wish i had a beard like his

>IT'S AMBIGUOUS SO LET'S JUST NOT TALK ABOUT IT EVER!

Calm down. Part of the fun in something being ambiguous is being able to discuss all the little details and try to figure out the most logical outcome or conclusion.

>Windows

?

I assume everyone has read this? The Thing, from the alien's viewpoint. Excellent.
clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/

As far as I'm concerned neither of them were. It's more interesting to me to think that their paranoia would have them watching each other until they froze to death, because it didn't matter at that point. Even if neither of them were it, they wouldn't trust each other.

Didn't child's drink like fluid from a Molotov at the end and not bat an eye?

It was just whisky. This retarded fan theory that it was kerosine is stupid and there's literally nothing to back it up.

It's totally plausible that the molotovs were gasoline, not booze.

If they were Childs would react to it. The Thing isn't retarded, and it still eats and drinks as an imitation, whether because it needs to or to keep up the act.

Literally pulled-out-of-ass: the theory.

Same. I think it's a more somber ending that way.

they made a big deal about not sharing food earlier on. he gives childs the drink to see if childs will take a sip. thats why he smiles when childs does, hes got a flamethrower under that blanket. hes gonna torch childs

Yes!!!