What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Not enough zany pop culture references and glib reactions to otherworldy things taking place. Let's fix it.

>"Master Bruce, you have been invited to a party at Lex Luthor's estate."
>"That doesn't look like a party."

>Rushed to beat MCU
>Bad writing
>CGI World destroying event for every installment

Decent cast though

>every installment

So... twice now. Got it.

the DC logo is retardsville

Thrice actually
>Zod
>Doomsday
>Spooky Witch

Soon enough gonna be four with Justice League

literally nothing

I didn't think Doomsday was going to destroy the world. He was made for the express purpose of killing Superman (although you could argue that Lex unleashed Doomsday to clear the path for Darkseid).

Doomsday would have jumped around wrecking shit until Darkseid came down and fucked him up.

Don't really see why it's a problem though, I want superhero villains to be fucking powerful

With Superman in the mix, your villains basically HAVE to be powerful.

>What went wrong?
>MoS
-Style over substance
-They got Superman's personality wrong
>BvS
-Overstuffed mess
-Horrible editing
-Batman personality is wrong (Ironically they fixed Superman's this movie)
-Many stuff was seiously wasted (Jimmy Olsen, Then entire Lois Arc, etc....)
>SS
-Once again style over substance
-Streched out plot (Once again they took criticism wrong, and contrary to BvS, they made SS plot too simple, but at the same time redundant)
-Many character completely wasted or unneeded (Slipknot, Batman, Joker and Eastwood character)

Exactly, even WW and especially the flash are incredibly powerful and need a villain to match

Its capeshit trying to catch up to other capeshit, but made by a studio that has completely lost it.

I didn't like mad max fury road, but I'm absolutely surprised it isn't a cluster fuck like all the other movies they've been putting out for last few years

Warner Bros. tried too hard to quickly compete with Marvel. It should have establish the franchise first. Also, for fuck's sake, hire competent directors and respect their visions, take the time to write the script, don't use test audiences and stop being so paranoid of not making money.

Snyder made capekino a reality again

>Also, for fuck's sake, hire competent directors and respect their visions, take the time to write the script, don't use test audiences and stop being so paranoid of not making money.
are you actually saying marvel does any of these things
what the fuck?

Team up movie came waay to fast, we should have at least had a stand alone batman movie before BvS

The D and C in the icon are meshed together and doesn't look like D or C. E and U however look fine. That says a lot.

For two of the movies the studio hired a half-retard yes man to carry out their orders. For the other they hired a really fantastic director and slaughtered his film using focus groups.

I'd argue Marvel is a little better than DC in terms of how they handle their movies.

It differs in different ways, but Marvel is WAY more restrictive towards their directors, there's a good reason why Ant-man changed directors halfway through.

Marvel don't rewrite shit. Right from the the start they are honest about what they are doing, making universal safe pleb crap.

WB instead hire people with vision, they make said vision and WB panic when it polarizes test audiences and do a rushed job of trying to make their movies more universal

they've rewritten or at least changed some of dr. strange, probably some others but I don't really care to go looking

Capeshit fatigue.

Almost. Edgar Wright literally left Ant-Man because they wanted to change his movie.

There won't be Darkseid in the DCEU though, it's mostly the same as Thanos and Marvel has been hinting that guy for 6 years. Which is ironic if you ask me because Marlel just copied the shit out DC to make Thanos (just like most of their characters) but it's what it is

wut, they've already set up Darkseid's father or whatever he's called.

They fired the original Ant Man director and brought in some other guy. Doctor Strange is getting reshoots by Dan Harmon despite him not being the director. They do it all the fucking time user

>The Extended DC Extended Universe Universe

is there anything they can do right?

Nearly everything.

>What went wrong?

Zack "The Hack" Snyder

My dislike comes down to them hiring benji al-fayecki and the skinny rat god to play WW. One is unpleasant to support and one is unpleasant to watch.

literally the only decent capeshit director in hollywood.

Studio interference.

They tried feeding filet mignon to a street bum, metaphorically speaking.

>OK guys, Superman has just sacrificed himself to stop Doomsday. His lover is weeping over his body.

>Ben I need you to look concerned but also helpless. Here you are again. An all to familiar scene. Standing over the corpse of someone who was just trying to do the right thing. Some one who gave there life for something bigger than their self. GREAT, GREAT BEN, hold that pose don't move a muscle. You're perfect. Beautiful

>OK Gal, you've been cut off from mans world for the better part of a century. You thought they were selfish and driven by hatred and a thirst for power. You've been fighting along side to of the bravest and selfless men you've ever met. One whom has given it his all, his life to stop a beast that would have brought destruction and ruin to millions. You're over come with admiration and pride. What I need from you gal is BOREDOM. Can you just look as bored as humanly fucking possible. I want you to think about standing in line at the DMV, I want you to imagine paint drying. Now look over at Batman. How much shit can he carry in that belt, MEH, you don't really care. That's great Gal now hold that pose.

FUCK I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE WONDER WOMAN MOVIE.

I haven't seen the film but why would you call a bad guy doomsday if he wasn't going to destroy the world?

he is Superman's Doomsday.