WASTE WATER GENERAL

I treat your water, I work in your waste. What do you want to know about how all this works?

the only question i could possibly give a shit about is what kinds of toxins come out of our shit and are there estrogens involved

What's the strangest thing that people have put down the drain?

how often do you make contact with our shit water and what is the extent of the contact

So how's it work

Very many toxins, we don't even test for xenogens.

Dead salamanders. I live in a relatively rural state. That means non-muslims insallah my brother.

Daily I smell it and daily I test it

Can that water be potabilized?

Also, waht is the weirdest thing you've found?

Is there much demand for Electrical Engineers in wastewater treatment? I know you guys love Chem E / Environmental Eng people, but someone has to design all those mountains of electronics that make a treatment plant 'chooch.

English Tip: Just say "can it be made potable"

How can I get a job in waste water? I'm not willing to spend any money on this, btw

Were you on /r9k/ a few days ago saying you do nothing but shitpost on Sup Forums and drink from your flask at work?

thanks burger.

I'm too drunk to make an India joke.

Pretend I said something clever.

Are you from India? Is your name Pajeet?

Are you Indian?

Sorry you get sticky m8.
>English Tip: Just say "can it be made potable"
nice answer

Kek

OP works in a water treatment / sewage plants, not in a street cleaning plant. He would never come in contact with Indian's fecal matter.

I assume by your broken taco language you mean that normal white people can drink it. Yes Juan, we have mastered water that people can drink.

Bruh,I dropped out and worked my way in. It's like take those who want to work here.

Just say you want to. Enjoy the sewers.

Hey, I drink off hours.

>Dead salamanders.
Are they native to where you live or are people flushing dead pets?
'insallah' means 'god willing' by the way not sure if that was how you meant it. I think a more typical Muslim greeting in England would be 'Ay up duck'.

Do you make fertiliser or something from all the poo, or just bury it in a hole?

do you ever piss in the water after its been treated?

i know i would

What do you do with the waste?
And the solid waste?

Can you drink the treated water right where it pools, or is it sectioned off?

Are you gay?

Fuck off

Never, I like my water and take it very seriously.

It all gets treated. I know this is hard to understand for Mexico, but we have a thing called a GOVERNMENT. We pay taxes which is a percentage of what we get paid and it fund certain social services such as water.

Somewhat irrelevant to what i asked but ok.

I'm getting my master's in Hydrology/Water Resource Management currently

going to be working for the Chickasaw Nation when i graduate

I think he asked what you guys do with the poop and dead salamanders.

how are the jews involved

I've been wondering, what happens to the contaminants and stuff that you filter out of the water?
Does it end up in landfill? Does it get flushed down a seperate pipe? Where does the shit go? What is it's final destination?

user asking the hard hitting questions here

OP better answer

solid wastes are mechanically deconstructed (?) and then chemically treated
solid wastes that wont deconstruct are piled off to the landfill

Have Jews come there yet trying to Kosher tax the water so everyone has a kosher symbol on the meter?

Dilution is the solution to pollution.

How much did the Jews pay you to put fluoride in the water

How bad are disposable wipes (toilet paper for babbies) for our water supply/sewage system?

inb4 india

What chemicals go into our water supply?

How effective/hard for it to be for some sort of terrorist group or whoever to poison the water supply? Using whatever city you work in as an example is it feasible?

We get influent, that's your raw shit. We run it through a screen to filter out as much solids as we can. IT then gets ran through a series of ditches where we aerate it and expose it to certain biological organisms. The dead shit floats to the bottom which is what we call sludge. We siphon that off. The remaining water gets treated with settelation and chlorine.

No fluoride

You make our costs so high

thanks for answering and being a less bitter human being than i am

Thanks for answering.

Is it plagued by mosquitos?
Do u use plants, algaes, microalgaes, bacteria or fishes?
How much do they pay, can i work as a legal spic? i want to learn then i´ll leave

I sometimes notice people using bathrooms(diarrhea) more often than usual.

Does it have to do something with water, do you guys fuck it up once in a while?

So I poo and pee in the toilet and then eventually that same water goes right back to my faucet ready to be drank and used for showers and brushing my teeth?

Do you/can you filter out used motor oil in the water?

"Have you heard of water fluoridation son?"

Can you tell the difference between boy poo and girl poo? Would someone with this skill be able to get a job in your line of work? I'm just asking for a friend.

what happens to all that waste after it is separated out?

a lot
thank you for your service
hope the pay is good

Very easy. Please if some bullshit alphabet organization is hearing me, it's so easy. You know, I know. I know you know, and I know you're letting it happen.

Tons of mosquitoes. We are a breeding ground. Good thing I live up north.

this. We are on Sup Forums.

Do feminists ever bitch about the gender inequality in your occupation?

I wanted to ask about this too.

In what way are you guys fucking with our water?

Sorry about last Friday, I ate 7 tacos and washed them down with cheap beer.

Is there a way to reduce the price burden of disposable wipes, besides the obvious one?

Waste is waste my pervert.

Thanks familam. It's okay. We get exposed to every disease imaginable but we have a job to do.

kek

more than most , fatherand bro work at a water plant.and my dad used to work waste water
the solution to pollution is dilution

Nothing, I have a water treatment plant at the factory I work at.

It's amazing what flocculation, filtration, chlorination, pH control, and UV exposure will do.

I keep having this argument with people when they say I'm wasting water. I use as much tap water as I want, and people whine at me about how I'm wasting water. I tell them, it just gets reprocessed, not wasted. And then they storm off in a huff.

Who's right?

The obvious one being quit flushing shit that shouldn't be flushed down? No, people will never hear it. Out of sight out of mind and then they will complain about how much we get paid.

kek. i mean does it get sent to garbage dumps? does the company hold on to it? sell it off to other countries as fertilizer?

goes to ponds ,, or gets dried out and disposed of ? op?

You're right. You're not wasting water as by the time it already reached you it has been treated. People shitting and all that is what is a waste.

Not OP
Do you guys use clarifiers to flocculate poo in, then filter the fallout through belt filters?

we dry it out from liquid in a centrifuge and send the dry material to a dump to be composted.

I hear that marijuana grows at the end of the drain. Is that true?

I know it's an easy as fuck job.

>I work waste water too

How much brain destroying fluoride is added to the water?

Ya caught me

Libcucks keep getting BTFO by yours truly, awww yeah~

Have some hot anime tiddies, and thanks for being a part of vital infrastructure

Exactly. Why are the Jews pushing this "turn off the tap", "take shorter showers" bullshit. I learned about the water table in elementary school. Shit's cyclical, yo.

How north are we talking?

thanks op

I remember this story how some Norwegian coastal fish population got feminized because of how much estrogens the nearby cities dumped in the sea. Do they even try to filter that shit out at your plant? I'd assume you can adsorb it on activated charcoal. But you're probably pumping it all back in again, aren't you?

>mfw you are replying to a Jew

kek status: top

So they can charge you more for water. At least that's what they do here in Ausfailia.

Drink some La Bett or whatever for me canfam

It is. It will all come back. We are more concerned about what is being PUT into the water, such as birth control pills, but we aren't allowed to talk about it.

North

You're welcome. You're tax dollars are enough thanks, just don't bother us if we're digging up a manhole near you. If we're doing that, we really have to, we don't want to.

I'm sure city waste is a little different than mine, larger scale and all that. I work with mainly an influent of 2 MGD.

I hear the city positions are pretty cushy though. I'm responsible for the waste, offal, and grounds at the company I'm with

Not OP, but I've worked in environmental management. Treatment plants usually consist of a series of ponds. Waste enters a pond, and heavy material settles at the bottom. Then, a live bacteria culture consumes the smaller waste particles and denatures them into basic organic compounds. Whatever is left flows into the next pond, where the process repeats until all the waste material has settled out or been consumed by bacteria. In the final step, the bacteria are irradiated with UV light, which sterilizes it, and the clean outflow is drained back into the watershed. The sludge at the bottom of the ponds is periodically collected and dried out, and then either composted in a landfill or burned to generate electricity at a sludge plant.

I work rural senpai. County shit for a large tract of area. We send our shit up to the EPA and they bring the hammer down if something is off.

Good thing I live in an apartment and there's no water bill. I always take at least a 40 minute shower.

You need to talk about it and put pressure on people(women) to stop using the toilet as a trash can. I admit I do use plenty flushable wipes.

What percentage of incoming water is recycled?

how long is the turn around from intake to potable?

Will it continue to be cost effective treating water in the same manner as populations grow?

Is any of the waste converted to fertilizer or another usable and sellable product?

Do you like cumming on birds?

The wastewater is treated with aeration and microorganisms to biologically oxidize organics. Then a clarifier separates the sludge from the treated water.

You are almost 100% right about what happens at my plant except for the UV light. This person knows what they're talking about.

Would also like an answer to this OP. What about them xenoestrogens making boys look like lil bitches?

i work in drinking water, there isnt much fuckery, we dont even use fluoride here

Fortunately, I just get hammered by the company. Which is why I fudge my numbers a little. Never out of compliance, but if something fucks up and I put out water that's a little dirty for a few hours, nobody's got to know except me. Thank God I grew up with the inspector from the DoH in my state, she's saved me a few times

Do you ever drink the water to make sure it is treated correctly? Or do you just assume that it's treated correctly and give it to the masses you sick fuck?

UV is a new requirement for many places if you're susceptible to cryptosporidium. We don't use it in wastewater treatment, just regular water treatment. Wastewater is returned to the river.

That's not exactly xenoestrogens per se, more like synthetic estrogen analogues from the remains of morning-after pills and various other contraceptive drugs which women piss out at a staggering rate.

Do those places pay well?

Do they drug test?

How easy is the job?

When I visited the local water plant, they had a 500 gallon tank of sodium fluoride, which they casually noted as being "for dental health".

Well we keep in compliance.

Our drinking water is fed by a spring and we only use sand filter with chlorine. I would drink out of our lake it's so clear.

What is well?

No they don't

Easy if you passed basic chem and enviro sci

yeah some places use it, my state thankfully doesn't for the most part. they tried to push it on us a couple years ago but it didnt pass

Chem Eng. here who worked a lot with water and waste treatment, both in and out of the industry/complexes, and one year with sewer treatment.

You are doing god's work, son. Keep that chlorine away from that piss and shit, though.

Anyway, godspeed, user.

>"for dental health"

Considering that's what it's used for, I'd be surprised if they said anything else.

Yeah, different facilities use slightly different procedures, and I'm more familiar with plants that are less than 20 years old. A lot of treatment centers are outdated and over capacity, so every time there's a major rain storm, there is raw sewage flowing into the creeks and rivers in some of the poorer counties. To go off on a tangent, I had to audit a giant sludge burning plant several years ago. It basically consists of conveyer belts feeding giant bricks of dried human shit into ovens, and that's exactly what it smells like.

Does your plant do tertiary treatment?

What is your opinion of engineers ?